wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

ODM brain & Lands Minister Orengo leads CDF mismanagement
ecstacy
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 11:21:03 AM

Ugenya constituency home to the Lands Minister and ODM brain has been ranked the worst performer in accountability of CDF funds.

I believe PS Angote at Lands working with Orengo had been doing a good job introducing accountability at the Lands Ministry. Orengo on his own however seems to have been doing a poor job running his constituency.

Ref: http://www.nation.co.ke/...2/-/60u87az/-/index.html
Insurgent
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 11:52:46 AM

[quote=ecstacy]Ugenya constituency home to the Lands Minister and ODM brain has been ranked the worst performer in accountability of CDF funds.

I believe PS Angote at Lands working with Orengo had been doing a good job introducing accountability at the Lands Ministry. Orengo on his own however seems to have been doing a poor job running his constituency.

Ref: http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/60u87az/-/index.html[/quote]

Orengo stealing from his constituents gives you an idea of how his party would have stolen from the gover if his party hd taken over the governnent. These guys are lotten to the thick skin and bone mallow. it is a cultural prowess.

"One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Rev Canon Karanja.

ecstacy
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:04:36 PM

I've largely rated Orengo favorably even when I don't agree with his opinions. It is very disappointing to have him feature in the top CDF thieves or abeit-ers let alone lead it!
For Sport
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:06:34 PM

Insurgent wrote:
[quote=ecstacy]Ugenya constituency home to the Lands Minister and ODM brain has been ranked the worst performer in accountability of CDF funds.

Ref: http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/60u87az/-/index.html[/quote]

Orengo stealing from his constituents gives you an idea of how his party would have stolen from the gover if his party hd taken over the governnent. These guys are lotten to the thick skin and bone mallow. it is a cultural prowess.

Stealing is a bit strong.
Article alludes to waste resulting from poorly implemented projects. Also stalled and ghost projects by his predecessor. Blah. blah.
Insurgent
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:07:15 PM

ecstacy wrote:
I've largely rated Orengo favorably even when I don't agree with his opinions. It is very disappointing to have him feature in the top CDF thieves or abeit-ers let alone lead it!

we need to see the whole list and you will see a parten start to emerge. like shade the list from last to number 105 on a constituency map.

"One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Rev Canon Karanja.

McReggae
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:17:37 PM

The report says of the Sh182.2 million allocated to Ugenya in the 2003/04 to 2007/08 financial years, at least Sh5.1 million went to wasted on poorly implemented projects......this is unfortunate but considering the period under review, the audit is more on Arch Bishop Ondiek than on Orengo!!!!!

..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
ecstacy
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:30:07 PM

“IF you inherit a corrupt regime in your constituency, it is up to you to rectify the situation,” Mr Wangalwa the National Taxpayers Association (NTA) coordinator said. I agree.
For Sport
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:36:06 PM

ecstacy wrote:
“IF you inherit a corrupt regime in your constituency, it is up to you to rectify the situation,” Mr Wangalwa the National Taxpayers Association (NTA) coordinator said. I agree.

I also agree. Still, STEALING?
McReggae
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:42:33 PM

ecstacy wrote:

......this can we competently do when we audit you a few months after you take over???....what was so difficult in carrying out the audit upto year 2010 so that we fix fellows that continue siphonng this money to to date!!!!!
ecstacy
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 1:02:07 PM

McReggae wrote:
ecstacy wrote:

......this can we competently do when we audit you a few months after you take over???....what was so difficult in carrying out the audit upto year 2010 so that we fix fellows that continue siphonng this money to to date!!!!!

I'd think we are most interested in ensuring our hard earned taxes are properly used and accounted for. The incumbent MP, not NGO's or welfare organisations, is responsible for initiating moves to arrest loss or abuse of taxpayers money. If he does not do this, by ommission he is complicit regardless of our personal feelings toward him or his party. My taxes come first to political affiliations!!
McReggae
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 1:12:49 PM

ecstacy,
I agree with you absolutely, what I am questioning is the period covered by the audit, my opinion is that they should have done a current audit!!!!!
Kaigangio
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 1:46:02 PM

@ mcreggae,

lest you forget the other day the Ministry of Lands was ranked the worst in service delivery...

kweri whoever said "the amount of talking in a working community is inversely proporsional to the progress" was dead right...

...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
FundamentAli
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:11:45 PM

@all,

Sto[p misleading people. He was not the MP for Ugenya then
ecstacy
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:33:51 PM

FundamentAli wrote:
@all,

Sto[p misleading people. He was not the MP for Ugenya then

@FundamentAli - stop misleading people.

The report says of the Sh182.2 million allocated to Ugenya in the 2003/04 to 2007/08 financial years, at least Sh5.1 million went to wasted on poorly implemented projects.

Orengo was rigged in as an ODM candidate in the ODM party elections and won the MP seat in the 2007 General Election.