wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Vehicle air conditioning.
Magigi
#1 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 10:26:48 AM

...After a small accident, I took my car to the dealers for repair. In the process they messed up the AC. I have taken it back to them 3 times (because it has a guarantee of 2 yrs or 50,000 KM-whichever comes first) and they have been unable to fix it properly. It always gets spoilt again once fixed. Does anyone know of a credible company where I can have it fixed?
captainrio
#2 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 10:57:43 AM

msa or nrb?
Magigi
#3 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 3:30:29 PM

Nairobi
Magigi
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 12:11:08 PM

Helloooooooooo.......!!!!
Gordon Gekko
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 12:44:38 PM

Sorry for your accident. Manufacturers or any guarantee has never covered accidents. They must have fixed (or tried to) as a favour, hence no incentive to invest in this loss leader. Take it to an a/c expert - I know none and pay for a proper job to be done. BTW, I live in Nairobi and have never had to use the a/c.... A fan yes, but not a/c.
Tommy
#6 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 4:35:41 PM

Sorry @magigi for the accident, i have never gone for an a/c repair. But i had inquired from a fridge repair expert and he was sure that he can do it. The idea here is to seal all the leaks on the a/c pipes and refill the gas. So i suggest you look for one near you and give it a shot. All the best.
Don't wait for the Last Judgment. It happens every day. ~Albert Camus, The Fall, 1956
FancyFace
#7 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 4:51:45 PM

Magigi wrote:
...After a small accident, I took my car to the dealers for repair. In the process they messed up the AC. I have taken it back to them 3 times (because it has a guarantee of 2 yrs or 50,000 KM-whichever comes first) and they have been unable to fix it properly. It always gets spoilt again once fixed. Does anyone know of a credible company where I can have it fixed?

seems like the gas leaked. you need to get a new compressor. I'm made to understand once the gas leaks the gadget is completely damaged and cannot be repaired, the mechanics will only get some temporary remedy which in the long run will be more expensive..

Sorry for the accident.

Problems can get out of proportion, and not only in the wee small hours. Don't let the problems eclipse the Master. Let the Master eclipse the problems.
Sheldon Smith
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 09, 2015 2:45:33 PM

Problems might occur but if talking about ac repair you must repair your AC unit from the certified professionals so that you will not face this problem while you are on long tour in the car.