wazua Thu, May 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Google Problems
mukiha
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 2:43:59 PM

For about three months now, I have been having problems with google. 8 out of 10 times it refuses to connect. I have ended up using yahoo! Search.

Anyone in the same boat?

My ISP is Orange Internet Everywhere 3G+

My browser is Mozilla 3.6

Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
jaggernaut
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 3:26:21 PM

mukiha wrote:
For about three months now, I have been having problems with google. 8 out of 10 times it refuses to connect. I have ended up using yahoo! Search.

Anyone in the same boat?

I use Google Chrome browser and the google search engine connects all the time. Am also on Orange EW 3G+ and in Nairobi.
tony stark
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 3:58:46 PM

mukiha wrote:

Anyone in the same boat?

The google .co. ke or google.com do not have downtimes ever.
I would blame your ISP first and foremost but if you happen to be in tripoli CBD i would then blame the government.
Yahoo search engine is unfortunately inferior to google. If you do not want to use google use BING which is a close second.
Good luck if your part of the Tripoli mercenaries.
innairobi
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:06:36 PM

Refusing to connect is a very ambiguous description. You will get better help if you are more specific on the error and whether it is the same error each time. Google has no issues. Have you tried clearing your cache?

mukiha wrote:

Anyone in the same boat?

All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
milken
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:17:43 PM

I have also noticed something similar.

If I use Google search on Firefox am not able to follow the links. However when I use chrome the problem disappears. Is google trying to make us use Chrome?
Itari muting'oe ihuragwo ngi ni Ngai
mozenrat
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:18:38 PM

mukiha wrote:

Anyone in the same boat?

What kind of ISP is this whose customers cannot reach google of all sites.. Google.co.ke and .com are never down... That company knows something about redundancy, failover, disaster recovery and all those other gisty risk management terms.
mukiha
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:25:50 PM

innairobi wrote:
Refusing to connect is a very ambiguous description. You will get better help if you are more specific on the error and whether it is the same error each time. Google has no issues. Have you tried clearing your cache?

What would you call it if you type www.google.com, press "ENTER" and then it says "Waiting for www.Google.com" for one minute... isn't that "refusing to connect"?
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
innairobi
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:47:44 PM

Ok. Have you tried to clear all history? I have experienced the same problem with certain websites and that is what sorted it out. As recently as yesterdau with nation.co.ke.

Have been using Mozilla Firefox for years and have never had a problem with Google search.

mukiha wrote:
innairobi wrote:

What would you call it if you type www.google.com, press "ENTER" and then it says "Waiting for www.Google.com" for one minute... isn't that "refusing to connect"?

All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
muganda
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 5:03:15 PM

@mukiha, pls confirm...

1. Are you able to ping google.com?
2. When you type http://72.14.204.104 into the browser what do you get?

If no 2 works and no 1 doesn't then DNS may have a problem. Try fixes at owners risk but with Wazua spirit smile:

a. Flush DNS cache and try again
......start/run
......type in CMD (enter)
......type in ipconfig /displaydns
......restart browser

b. If that doesn't work
.....start/run
.....type in "notepad Windows/System32/Drivers/etc/Hosts"
.....remove all entries not prefaced by #
.....save

c. If that still doesn't work; try a Winsock fix
http://www.brothersoft.com/winsockfix-66663.html

You are never alone http://getsatisfaction.com/goog...le_com_unable_to_connect

mukiha
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:03:59 PM

I filed a complaint with the ISP [Orange] yesterday and this morning it worked. Now why would any ISP block access to the most popular website?

Only in Kenya!

In Lybia, they blocked everything.
mozenrat
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:34:20 PM

mukiha wrote:
I filed a complaint with the ISP [Orange] yesterday and this morning it worked. Now why would any ISP block access to the most popular website?

Only in Kenya!

In Lybia, they blocked everything.

Tells you, you need to MOVE
mukiha
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:07:04 PM

At 4:05pm [E.A.S.T] orange lost one more customer.... I'm back to SCOM.... Gosh I've been missing so much!!
mozenrat
#13 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 12:03:31 PM

and to celebrate your move, SCOM have launched the Twitter SMS service. You send your tweets from your phone as an SMS..
mukiha
#14 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 7:23:13 AM

The problem is back; even when using SCOM modem and browsing with Chrome, I still can't connect to google most of the time. I am forced to use bing...

Could this be a problem with my computer?
Silk
#15 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 8:26:36 AM

Never had a problem with Google. Whether on laptop, phone, etc.

Check whether there is a way you can contact them maybe in their Kenyan offices. They might have a helpdesk.