Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
ODM now supports ICC referal.
McReggae
#41 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 12:53:15 PM

bwenyenye wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Impunity wrote:
RAO has always been on either the Hague or refferal, but not defferal.

Deferral and referral are the same.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Referral; the cases are handled in ( referred to) Kenya instead of the ICC."...The ICC refers the case to Kenya after Kenya has established a credible local tribunal..."Deferral; The cases are heard at the ICC but the dates are pushed forward to a later date...."the ICC stops dealing with the kenyan case give Kenya time to set up local tribuinal to which the cases can be referred to..."
Ooops! Did I just comment on a politics thread!!

For me there is a difference!!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
nostoppingthis
#42 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 12:54:32 PM

@Just Blazing, if this process turns into targeting the ones with political responsibility, then your guess is as good as mine who will fry the most....but if it is about financing and organizing the attacks (this is what MO is after), the case may be limited to a few individuals...
selah
#43 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 1:01:13 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
@Selah, I disagree, those pushing for referral want to fry their own and those pushing for deferral have no intention of achieveing justice...Justice delayed, is justice denied...

that is a matter of conjecture since after one year if a competent local tribunal is not formed it goes back to the ICC..Thats the argument I believe, of those championing for the deferral.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Lolest!
#44 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 1:04:08 PM

It was Hague vs Local Tribunal, now its deferral vs referral. Our politicians are either the brightest creatures on the planet or we are extremely daft.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
selah
#45 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 1:15:21 PM

Lolest! wrote:
It was Hague vs Local Tribunal, now its deferral vs referral. Our politicians are either the brightest creatures on the planet or we are extremely daft.

Lolest.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Jus Blazin
#46 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 1:21:37 PM

Lolest! wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Now its all Local Tribunal: Referral vs Deferral. And we still wonder how lawyers mint money... If the means and end product are the same, what's the difference?
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
nostoppingthis
#47 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:07:15 PM

selah wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:
@Selah, I disagree, those pushing for referral want to fry their own and those pushing for deferral have no intention of achieveing justice...Justice delayed, is justice denied...

that is a matter of conjecture since after one year if a competent local tribunal is not formed it goes back to the ICC..Thats the argument I believe, of those championing for the deferral.

Big question is, when Local Tribunal was proposed initially, same individuals opposed it, now change on mind a third time...
YesuWangu
#48 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:19:44 PM

newfarer wrote:
Wont be surprised to see a change of tune on the other faction of the govt.Tumezoea hii shifting of gears.

I imagine PNU and simon saying 'dont be vague lets go to hague'.This is not far fetched

I think so too. Maybe now that odm is for this, their opponents will just switch to being pro hague. Its automatic, these things.....
Mtu Biz
#49 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:22:28 PM

This cartoon network Kenyan politics is on a whole other level.
Sola Scriptura

Lolest!
#50 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:36:54 PM

I dont see this happening. PNU is driven by the need to protect its own from prosecution. ODMs main driving force is 2012.
YesuWangu wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Wont be surprised to see a change of tune on the other faction of the govt.Tumezoea hii shifting of gears.

I imagine PNU and simon saying 'dont be vague lets go to hague'.This is not far fetched

I think so too. Maybe now that odm is for this, their opponents will just switch to being pro hague. Its automatic, these things.....

nostoppingthis
#51 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:35:53 PM

YesuWangu wrote:
newfarer wrote:

I think WR is already pro-Hague...from what i heard on radio asubuhi
ecstacy
#52 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:40:31 PM

ODM = Mr Nusu Mkeka
Lolest!
#53 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:47:01 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:

He was caught by surprise by the Raila faction.

No one would support Hague among the suspects because it is now clear its process doesn't take 90yearssmile
YesuWangu
#54 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:54:19 PM

Lolest! wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:

He was caught by surprise by the Raila faction.

No one would support Hague among the suspects because it is now clear its process doesn't take 90yearssmile

politicians will never stop trying to catch each other off guard if only to make a fool of their opponents. Ruto was in his element, already castigating odm in no uncertain terms for this new stand. Listeners could only infer that he is now pro icc. Makes a good laugh. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
dossy7
#55 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:06:26 PM

selah wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Lolest.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
you have made my day
Kenya ni yetu sisi sote
famooz
#56 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 6:22:14 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Now its all Local Tribunal: Referral vs Deferral. And we still wonder how lawyers mint money... If the means and end product are the same, what's the difference?

Only in Kenya! we spend so much time in press conferences yelling and lecturing the masses about the same thing.....Pumbavu!
innairobi
#57 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:03:45 AM

With elections in a matter of months and the whole 50%+1 rule presenting a new headache, expect serious flip flopping and gymnastics in the political arena between now and then.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
nostoppingthis
#58 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:38:15 AM

A referral should be ICC-led.....just a change of venue, cutting back on travel costs
McReggae
#59 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:44:58 AM

“I went through the torture and difficulties and bad conditions at the prison for six months because my conscience was clear, I was innocent but did not have to shout about it,’’ - PM Raila Odinga
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
famooz
#60 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:53:24 AM

McReggae wrote:
“I went through the torture and difficulties and bad conditions at the prison for six months because my conscience was clear, I was innocent but did not have to shout about it,’’ - PM Raila Odinga

Can someone please tell me what this meanssmile