wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<2345>
Libyan Invasion
McReggae
#61 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:16:42 PM

"Why is Museveni bloviating so much about Libya? Is he feeling the heat from a distance? Or does he suspect his governance style has a lot in common with the Libyan dictator whose country is festooned with billboards proclaiming “42 years of permanent happiness?” So many questions the Ugandan leader needs to ask about himself. Above all he should rise above undergraduate reasoning that permeates his op-eds.

..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
McReggae
#62 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:17:52 PM

......funny M7 talks of ineterference, an act he has been practising throughout his presidency!!!!
Lolest!
#63 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:21:39 PM

McReggae wrote:
......funny M7 talks of ineterference, an act he has been practising throughout his presidency!!!!

Applause Applause Interesting thought there. M7 is a regional warlord! Gaddafi too has sponsored rebels all over Africa(including M7's NRM)
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
youcan'tstopusnow
#64 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:33:59 PM

Liked this from Gaddafi:

"If foreign intervention is good, then, African countries should be the most prosperous countries in the world because we have had the greatest dosages of that: slave trade, colonialism, neo-colonialism, imperialism, etc.

All those foreign imposed phenomena have, however, been disastrous."
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
youcan'tstopusnow
#65 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:42:23 PM

This too:

"We have been appealing to the UN to impose a no-fly-zone over Somalia so as to impede the free movement of terrorists linked to Al-Qaeda who killed Americans on 9/11, killed Ugandans last July and have caused so much damage to the Somalis, without success.

Why? Are there no human beings in Somalia similar to the ones in Benghazi? Or is it because Somalia does not have oil which is not fully controlled by western companies on account of Gaddafi’s nationalist posture?"
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Jus Blazin
#66 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:58:15 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
This too:

"We have been appealing to the UN to impose a no-fly-zone over Somalia so as to impede the free movement of terrorists linked to Al-Qaeda who killed Americans on 9/11, killed Ugandans last July and have caused so much damage to the Somalis, without success.

Why? Are there no human beings in Somalia similar to the ones in Benghazi? Or is it because Somalia does not have oil which is not fully controlled by western companies on account of Gaddafi’s nationalist posture?"

@Obi 1 Kanobi, your response on this? The answer is very simple. OIL.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Lolest!
#67 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:25:27 PM

Presidet Omar Bongo of Gabon used to receive a small annual token of 50 million euros from French oil firm Elf.

Now I understand why Sarkozy has been zealous in the war!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Bongo
Wa_ithaka
#68 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:44:51 PM

Why I my not surprised that Simon Kabuyu adorer of all kings of impunity everywhere is crying for Gadaffi? Simon, how was your trip to Tripoli with Kamlesh? Btw, US did try to help out in Somalia but got their backsides handed to them (hence the black hawk down movie). Also, note that its ze French who’ve initiated this attack.
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
Obi 1 Kanobi
#69 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:49:52 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
This too:

If you saw my earlier comment, i actually said that I don't care whether the US are invading Libya/Iraq for selfish reasons (Oil) or not. My stand is informed by my own selfish reasons, and that is the world is a better place with less dictators in non oil producing countries after the US gets rid of the one's sitting on Oil.

Besides, this arguement about oil being the motive is not 100% correct, regardless of who owns the oil, it is still bought and sold freely in the world markets. And regardless of which company drills the oil, they are all quoted on the various world stock markets and any one can buy in.

Qsn. Is the US buying Iraqi Oil at a discount?
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
simonkabz
#70 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:43:13 PM

@Wa bushes, was going thr ths thread to see where I have supported Gaddafi. Show me. I dnt support the mad man, I abhore the western attack n backing of armed rebels by the UN (history in itself) againt the wishes of majority of Libyans who had no problem with the "king". Tell u what, u r quite shallow. Obi is debating against my opinion, with all civility. I love debates, I hate attacks on persona when opinions dont tilt ua way. Im also wary of GROUPTHINK, im a very independent mind n u can attest to the fact that I can support the Devil if it deems fit to me. We r discussing Libya, not Simon. Tiga waana funda
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Kenyan Kop
#71 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:12:05 PM

Before you comment on who is right and who is wrong in the Libya crisis, always remember that in any war the first casualty is always the truth!
Lolest!
#72 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 6:16:42 AM

Obi, pls check the link on Bongo above. Why were the French bribing Bongo with such collosal amounts? The issue of oil might just be the main thing. The other issue is Gaddafis independence.
Wa_ithaka
#73 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 7:13:50 AM

Simo, is it a Kiambu tradition to result to kikuyu insults when your weak and wrong arguments are exposed?
As I said, the US did get involved in Somalia. Back in 1992-4, Clinton sent soldiers and cruise missiles to Somalia, but the dead bodies of its soldiers were dragged thru the streets of Mogadishu and it pulled out.
The world is a better place without murderous and corrupt dictators like Kaddaffi who has killed many of his own peep as well as salting away billions of dollars.
Its all well and good we Africans crying sovereignty and all that jazz, but the majority of us can't organise a good phombe night let a lone rule ourselves in a rational progressive manner. Every yr, we have to read about some african dictator doing nonsense.
In February 2008, many Kenyans were crying for international community to come and stop us hacking each other. Listen to us now...
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
Lolest!
#74 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 7:54:53 AM

Waithaka, I cannot even read your post. Why are you insulting Kiambu people? Regionalism just like tribalism is stupid. You act very primitive when you infer that Simo is acting bad coz he is from Kiambu(Ive always thought he is from Muranga). I take offence because this is not the first time you have insulted us. I know you are from Nyeri but I wont insult the good people from there because of 1 or 2 rotten apples. Remove the offensive sentence.
McReggae
#75 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:39:47 AM

Whenever an argument goes personal I get really pissed off!!!!
innairobi
#76 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:54:26 AM

Hapo sawa soldier. Propaganda is flying left, right and center.

Kenyan Kop wrote:
Before you comment on who is right and who is wrong in the Libya crisis, always remember that in any war the first casualty is always the truth!

All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
Rahatupu
#77 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:21:56 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
TAZ wrote:
What's the difference between Gadaffi and the North Korean dictator Kim Jong-il.....why can't "the west" do anything about it?

Gadaffi has already called for ceasefire, one wonders why "the West" especially the UK still insist on bombing Libya.....Here's a hint http://www.dailymail.co....s-Justice-minister.html

As for the US they saw a chance of getting rid of Gadaffi (get their hands on Libyan oil) jumped at it. The only way the ARABS will thank them for all these is by giving them another dose of 9/11. NOTHING good is going to come out of this rash action.

I also guess that people in Somali are not suffering. No suffering in Zimbabwe, Never have there been suffering in any part of Sudan including Darfur. Same applies to Rwanda etc. etc. The suffering is only Libya which coincidentally has oil, is ruled by a fellow the west doesn't like very much and had one of the highest per capita income before all this madness started. By the way, this 'suffering' Libyans have the friendliest tax regime ever - 5% for anyone earning less than Kshs. 70,000/= (Approx.) and 10% for those earning above that. See Tax Legislation in Libya. Add to that free education, free medical care one of the highest literacy levels anywhere, profit sharing (from oil proceeds etc.) - you actually get a cheque from the government. How can they take all this suffering??? I wonder what that makes Kenya!

He's bombing his own people. That's what I'll hear. Any other source of this information apart from Western media?

@Maich... not a word more. BTW the West has just launch a coordinated propaganda war to counter Gadaffi's supporters, AU, Arab League, Russia etc who have not been too vocal so far.
'user'
#78 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:28:16 AM

Rahatupu wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
TAZ wrote:
What's the difference between Gadaffi and the North Korean dictator Kim Jong-il.....why can't "the west" do anything about it?

Gadaffi has already called for ceasefire, one wonders why "the West" especially the UK still insist on bombing Libya.....Here's a hint http://www.dailymail.co....s-Justice-minister.html

As for the US they saw a chance of getting rid of Gadaffi (get their hands on Libyan oil) jumped at it. The only way the ARABS will thank them for all these is by giving them another dose of 9/11. NOTHING good is going to come out of this rash action.

I also guess that people in Somali are not suffering. No suffering in Zimbabwe, Never have there been suffering in any part of Sudan including Darfur. Same applies to Rwanda etc. etc. The suffering is only Libya which coincidentally has oil, is ruled by a fellow the west doesn't like very much and had one of the highest per capita income before all this madness started. By the way, this 'suffering' Libyans have the friendliest tax regime ever - 5% for anyone earning less than Kshs. 70,000/= (Approx.) and 10% for those earning above that. See Tax Legislation in Libya. Add to that free education, free medical care one of the highest literacy levels anywhere, profit sharing (from oil proceeds etc.) - you actually get a cheque from the government. How can they take all this suffering??? I wonder what that makes Kenya!

He's bombing his own people. That's what I'll hear. Any other source of this information apart from Western media?

@Maich... not a word more. BTW the West has just launch a coordinated propaganda war to counter Gadaffi's supporters, AU, Arab League, Russia etc who have not been too vocal so far.

And if things are as rosy as you make us believe , why are the people rebelling against Gaddafi?, what is it that Gaddaffi is not doing since you are just telling us the positives only ?What is the other side of the coin that is making the people rebel against 'saint' Gaddaffi ?
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
Rahatupu
#79 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:32:25 AM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
This too:

If you saw my earlier comment, i actually said that I don't care whether the US are invading Libya/Iraq for selfish reasons (Oil) or not. My stand is informed by my own selfish reasons, and that is the world is a better place with less dictators in non oil producing countries after the US gets rid of the one's sitting on Oil.

Besides, this arguement about oil being the motive is not 100% correct, regardless of who owns the oil, it is still bought and sold freely in the world markets. And regardless of which company drills the oil, they are all quoted on the various world stock markets and any one can buy in.

Qsn. Is the US buying Iraqi Oil at a discount?

@Obi, they don't pay. Texacco Iraq selling to Texacco US, is just money from the left hand to the right hand.

A different line of thought in the wider debate about the situation in Libya which I find to be very balance: http://english.aljazeera...11322135442593945.html#
Rahatupu
#80 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:42:51 AM

@User, Gadaffi has his weaknesses that is not in question. BUT the million dollar issue is that the protesters in Libya (Benghazi) could not muster the critical mass to oust him by non violent means, they resorted to use of heavy weapons. How was the regime supposed to respond? Secondly, the West waited hoping that the "rebels" could win in ousting Gadaffi until Gadaffi turned the tables on them. Why come in late?

Secondly, that the protests in Libya did not have economic grievances is not in question. In fact there is no mention of suffering by the people. The so called rebels are a bunch of disgruntled elements out to express their political disaffection but their retort to violence messed it up. this cannot be classified as a popular uprising in the same breathe as Tunisia and Egypt.