wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<12345>
Libyan Invasion
simonkabz
#41 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:09:32 PM

@rahaman, read ssevo's article above? (DN pg 13) Thoughts?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
simonkabz
#42 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:12:44 PM

A
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#43 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:59:26 PM

Just to clarify, the west (mzungu) has a right to act in their self interest, when their self interest dovetails with mine, I will support their actions. An example, I can't stand Dictators or people who think they are Demi-Gods, the Gaddafi's, Museveni's, Mugabe's and Gbagbo's of this world. So whenever "the West" feel like lobbing a few bombs at them, they have my full permission.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
TAZ
#44 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:51:58 PM

What's the difference between Gadaffi and the North Korean dictator Kim Jong-il.....why can't "the west" do anything about it?

Gadaffi has already called for ceasefire, one wonders why "the West" especially the UK still insist on bombing Libya.....Here's a hint http://www.dailymail.co....s-Justice-minister.html

As for the US they saw a chance of getting rid of Gadaffi (get their hands on Libyan oil) jumped at it. The only way the ARABS will thank them for all these is by giving them another dose of 9/11. NOTHING good is going to come out of this rash action.

simonkabz
#45 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 4:05:21 PM

Actually, the good ol' saying "violence begets violence" has held true to its meaning since time immemorial. Demonstrators seize arms to oust MG, seize control of several towns violently. MG shoves a few bombs 'up theirs'. The west with all the arrogance invade Libya to "protect civilians", killing scores of the protectees in the process. Silence befall the Asian, African n S. American continent, unsure of the proper response. The west awaits to harvest the fruits of their labour.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Lolest!
#46 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 7:41:21 PM

Obi, just coz we believe M7 is bad doesnt mean military action shd be used. What justification could you be having for a raid into Kampala, Abidjan or Harare?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Jus Blazin
#47 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:42:55 AM

Question: If foreign military destroys a country's air defense network, who is responsible for reconstruction?
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
bwenyenye
#48 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 1:11:54 PM

Guys, If you were president and a group of fellas get armed by the west and try to take over your country using FORCE i.e tanks, amoured vehicles etc, what would you do? isit not like the SPLF guys? Are there other ways of handling MG instead of bombing everyone? I am yet to see a bomb that discriminates between the rebels and civilians!!

Even if the guy has declared himself president for life, there are many ways of dealing with him without killing everyone around him.
I Think Therefore I Am
YesuWangu
#49 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:07:02 PM

TAZ wrote:
What's the difference between Gadaffi and the North Korean dictator Kim Jong-il.....why can't "the west" do anything about it?

Gadaffi has already called for ceasefire, one wonders why "the West" especially the UK still insist on bombing Libya.....Here's a hint http://www.dailymail.co....s-Justice-minister.html

As for the US they saw a chance of getting rid of Gadaffi (get their hands on Libyan oil) jumped at it. The only way the ARABS will thank them for all these is by giving them another dose of 9/11. NOTHING good is going to come out of this rash action.

There is no template on dealing with these things, or is there? Each situation kivyake with its unique circumstances, I think.
Jus Blazin
#50 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:11:00 PM

@Yesu, the unique circumstances being oil. That is why Gbagbo, Bashir, Kim Jong, etc are still in power even after turning on their people. Or what would you call that?
KulaRaha
#51 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:15:23 PM

bwenyenye wrote:
Guys, If you were president and a group of fellas get armed by the west and try to take over your country using FORCE i.e tanks, amoured vehicles etc, what would you do? isit not like the SPLF guys? Are there other ways of handling MG instead of bombing everyone? I am yet to see a bomb that discriminates between the rebels and civilians!!

Even if the guy has declared himself president for life, there are many ways of dealing with him without killing everyone around him.

But Qaddafi claims he is not President, and hence has no post to relinquish.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Obi 1 Kanobi
#52 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:30:34 PM

bwenyenye wrote:

@Bwenyenye, unfortunately there is no other way of dealing with such a situation, this is the only way, the other options such as passing UN/AU resolutions, publicly denouncing them, trade sanctions or even writing them warning letters have proved to be ineffective and tend to hurt the civilians that they should have been protecting.

The fact that one is a dictator of an Oil rich patch of land does not make your sins any less important than a dictator of some poor 3rd world country. So forcefully removing you from power because you are sitting on oil (or for any other reason) makes humanity better off than retaining the status quo.

In fact it is this rich Dictators who tend to support bad habits around the world.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
MaichBlack
#53 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:43:13 PM

TAZ wrote:

I also guess that people in Somali are not suffering. No suffering in Zimbabwe, Never have there been suffering in any part of Sudan including Darfur. Same applies to Rwanda etc. etc. The suffering is only Libya which coincidentally has oil, is ruled by a fellow the west doesn't like very much and had one of the highest per capita income before all this madness started. By the way, this 'suffering' Libyans have the friendliest tax regime ever - 5% for anyone earning less than Kshs. 70,000/= (Approx.) and 10% for those earning above that. See Tax Legislation in Libya. Add to that free education, free medical care one of the highest literacy levels anywhere, profit sharing (from oil proceeds etc.) - you actually get a cheque from the government. How can they take all this suffering??? I wonder what that makes Kenya!

He's bombing his own people. That's what I'll hear. Any other source of this information apart from Western media?
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#54 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:55:26 PM

bwenyenye wrote:

My sentiments exactly!!!

Imagine the Mungiki break into the barracks and take over all the military hardware. They now try to use the same hardware to topple the government. What do you do if you are the president? Smile at them because they are your country men or blow them to smithereens?

Mind you, these fellows are worse than the Mungiki. They would make Mungiki look like choir boys!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Jus Blazin
#55 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:05:54 PM

MaichBlack wrote:

I also guess that people in Somali are not suffering. No suffering in Zimbabwe, Never have there been suffering in any part of Sudan including Darfur. Same applies to Rwanda etc. etc. The suffering is only Libya which coincidentally has oil, is ruled by a fellow the west doesn't like very much and had one of the highest per capita income before all this madness started. By the way, this 'suffering' Libyans have the friendliest tax regime ever - 5% for anyone earning less than Kshs. 70,000/= (Approx.) and 10% for those earning above that. See Tax Legislation in Libya. Add to that free education, free medical care one of the highest literacy levels anywhere, profit sharing (from oil proceeds etc.) - you actually get a cheque from the government. How can they take all this suffering??? I wonder what that makes Kenya!

He's bombing his own people. That's what I'll hear. Any other source of this information apart from Western media?

Spot on. Applause Applause Applause
Jus Blazin
#56 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:16:46 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
bwenyenye wrote:

@Bwenyenye, unfortunately there is no other way of dealing with such a situation, this is the only way, the other options such as passing UN/AU resolutions, publicly denouncing them, trade sanctions or even writing them warning letters have proved to be ineffective and tend to hurt the civilians that they should have been protecting.

The fact that one is a dictator of an Oil rich patch of land does not make your sins any less important than a dictator of some poor 3rd world country. So forcefully removing you from power because you are sitting on oil (or for any other reason) makes humanity better off than retaining the status quo.

In fact it is this rich Dictators who tend to support bad habits around the world.

@Obi, oh your selective responses. Now, tell me. You have Gaddaffi, Kim Jong-il and Al Bashir. All have 'attacked' their people. Who do you go after and why?
youcan'tstopusnow
#57 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:35:13 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Spot on. Applause Applause Applause

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
bwenyenye
#58 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:40:52 PM

@ Obi,

My take. I doubt the Libya uprising had anythng to do with the Libyans themselves. If it were so, they would have succeeded just like their brothers under Ben Ali. Me thinks the Colonel refused to bow down to the west( actually confessed to bombing their aircraft, lockerbie, and tld the fellows he could pay them off!!) the 'Cowboys' got pissed and want control of Libya, so they use the opportunity of the Arab world unrest to create some commotion then use the opportunity to get the guy out.The guy would have been attacked whether he retaliated or not.

Believe you me, if it was the Libyans who wanted the guy to leave, he would have left by now!!! Tanks do not stop the masses.

The 'cowboys' si watu wazuri sana!!!
I Think Therefore I Am
Lolest!
#59 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:41:36 PM

http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/ndnx64z/-/index.html

Museveni on Libya Part II.

I agree with him on his comparison of Libya and Bahrain.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
YesuWangu
#60 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:48:52 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
@Yesu, the unique circumstances being oil. That is why Gbagbo, Bashir, Kim Jong, etc are still in power even after turning on their people. Or what would you call that?

Yes, that is why it is difficult to copy and paste as it were approaches from different parts of the world. In this mix also put in individuals ready to kill themselves if only they can kill you too, put in a belief system that scares you to death....good old fashioned plain revenge at the earliest and easiest opportunity against such peoples and their way of life cannot be ruled out. After all all peoples, including presidents and generals have feelings and memories.

Gbagbo and Jong supporters have not proven themselves in these matters, they can be ignored in this regard. Dont you think they have learnt from Afghanistan and Iraq? Bashir has just lost his clout of oil after the souths succession.