wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
Libyan Invasion
alikujia
#21 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 12:35:51 PM

Ati Gadafi will fight to death??
But yes, the west cant let go this opportunity to drive him out and that's national interest that comes with some bonus to the civilians Gadaf's been crashing.
famooz
#22 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 12:41:35 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
@Obi, you don't have to believe the reasons but they are there. The Western media is asking the very same reasons. BBC, ABC, CNN, you name it. The Western governments keep saying they are not targeting Gaddafi, just trying to stop him from turning against his people, but so are Yemen and Bahrain. So what's the logic behind it?

Gaddafi may not be fit to run the country, but so is Al Bashir (Darfur). Yet the US never invaded Sudan. Another Iraq may be looming due to an unnecessary war.

"Another Iraq" is not necessarily a bad thing, Iraq is way better off now than it was under Saddam, and will only get better. The violence playing out now and probably in future is simply because most of the people don't know any other way to relate as a result of life under Saddam.

Kanobi,are you sure that Iraq is better now than under Sadam? how so?
simonkabz
#23 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 1:20:41 PM

Im not sure Iraq is better under the west. Again, why Libya?? I aint a Gaddafi sympathiser, bt I pity the country. The mad man was crushing a MINORITY armed rebellion, like we did with the SLDF. Now, after Kaddafi, who takes over? The rebels?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Rahatupu
#24 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 1:36:57 PM

newfarer wrote:
Simon , what do you do with someone has decided to kill his own people.Wait for genocide ? Obama took the right decision.Gaddafi and his sons are sick people.
His end is nigh.The self proclaimed king of kings of Africa also interpreted as the Dictator of Dictators of Africa.I have no pity for him.I just pity the innocent women and children of Libya as the two bulls fight.But it's the price to pay for a better free Libya.

I think now we need to be told the truth about the Grand regency hotel saga.

Hey!!!!

This is exactly the intended purpose of the Western war machine - propaganda. millions have swallowed this hook, line and sinker! My take on this is:

1. The Libyan rebels could not gather enough mass to force Gadaffi out of power. Could not hold out longer like the Egyptians and Tunisians and resorted to armed struggle.

2. Faced with an armed insurrection Gadaffi is justified to use "legitimate" means to subdue the revolt.

3. The hand of the West in this Libyan uprising will emerge just later. This is because unlike Egypt and Tunisia, the populace did not have any economic demands to make on Gadaffi like jobs, better living conditions, bread etc. Thus the uprising could not muster the critical numbers to force Gadaffi out. Remember Libya has one of the highest per capita incomes in the world.

4. Having managed to crush the insurgency Gadaffi needed only to recapture Benghazi the rebel strong hold. Where in the world has the UNSC recommended involvement against a government by fighting alongside rebels??

5. The AU is coming out loud against the bombings. Late as this maybe I believe we are witnessing another Iraq in the making, all the hullabaloo, excuses, sob-re rattling et al.
fantony
#25 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 1:50:44 PM

all empires fall.. the soviet empire fell...

the US and UK are the biggest police states where government have turned surveillance and intelligence systems on their people..

i have a feeling... i know its going to happen soon... the fall of the american empire... look at their desperation before the last election.. with a crumbling market..

China... where are you (open your eyes, ha! ha!)? save Africa from this madness..
Njung'e
#26 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 1:59:56 PM

I'll play the devil's advocate alongside Obi and chairman.A despot who is more than willing to kill his people just to hang on to power deserves to be bombed into the next world regardless.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
McReggae
#27 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 2:16:49 PM

Njung'e wrote:
I'll play the devil's advocate alongside Obi and chairman.A despot who is more than willing to kill his people just to hang on to power deserves to be bombed into the next world regardless.

My thoughts exactly!!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
KulaRaha
#28 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 2:25:18 PM

McReggae wrote:
Njung'e wrote:

My thoughts exactly!!!!!

Amen!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
mwenza
#29 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 2:31:44 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Njung'e wrote:

My thoughts exactly!!!!!

Amen!

Seconded!!
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
Pierce
#30 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 3:26:03 PM

mwenza wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Njung'e wrote:

My thoughts exactly!!!!!

Amen!

Seconded!!

Thirded!!!.....ha
newfarer
#31 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 3:39:47 PM

fourtheded
punda amecheka
willin2learn
#32 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 6:10:14 PM

THE WEST should not and must not invade Libya under 'the guise' of seeking to protect innocent civilians seeking to overthrow A despot! The WEST must respect the SUFFEREIGNITY of Libyans! Have the WEST considered that African Union under the Chairmanship of Muammar Gaddaffi has the capacity to restrain the Libyan Government from attacking and KILLING it's citizen. The WEST must respect the Libyan's -mainly from Beghazi City- choice of dying under their army attack!

The much acclaimed African Union leaders like Laurent Gbagbo, Mengistu Haile Mariam, El bashir, Mugabe, Kibaki, Museveni, Zuma, Wade and a host of other esteemed African leaders have already responded to the Suffering Libyans and hence THE WEST should allow them to finish what they 'started' in any case, this is an African problem which needs an African solution.. THE WEST.... ( am sick)
aemathenge
#33 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 6:18:49 PM

It is my fervent wish that they never discover oil in Kenya during my life time.

It is all about oil.
simonkabz
#34 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 7:14:53 PM

@senge hehehe oiro yawesa reta matomahawk fuana (to protect civilians during tribal clashes).
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
amga
#35 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 7:40:14 PM

much as the Libyans were suffering the west has just started something worse than Iraq. if the US and UK were so desperate to save Libya they should also intervene in states like equitorial Guinea where disease and corruption kills more people than war. i hope we read the story of the presidents son who now owns the 2nd most expensive yacht after Roman Abromovich. and i ain't supporting dictators but let all our African brothers be given similar treatment n save all from such regimes. my 2 cents
masukuma
#36 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 8:49:08 PM

1. whats the "no fly zone"? does it include bombing and regime change? 2. What is the UN doing about Ivory Coast? or Zim? ni mafuta tu!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
famooz
#37 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 10:20:57 PM

Maybe the WEST should be be willintolearn that it is possible for other nations and citizens to criticise them without necessarily supporting the oppossing side?

Like there are 2 sides of the coin,or even 3 sides?
YesuWangu
#38 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 8:35:21 AM

The 'king of kings' is being thwacked. I wonder what his subjects, akina pattni, must be feeling.....havent they called for 'libyan solutions for libyan problems'?
KulaRaha
#39 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 8:39:22 AM

The west the west the west oh the west!

Africa and Arabia are choking under dictators and imbeciles and all we blame is the west.

But then again, who supports these moron when the dice rolls? Us, the citizens of failed states.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
kadonye
#40 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:39:37 PM

Museveni's views. Clearly he detests Gaddafi but avoids bringing in emotions into his article.

http://www.nation.co.ke/...4/-/x0w0ksz/-/index.html
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing