wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Is controlling oil producing nations really bad for the world?
KulaRaha
#1 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 10:39:46 AM

So many excuses about Libya, oh the US is after their oil, ah oh ah they want to control the oil, poor Qaddafi blah blah.

A simple question, do you think its better that oil producing nations are "managed" by a superpower like US or by their own dictators?

Do you think the world would be a better place if a well managed nation manages these countries and manages oil prices and output?

Do you think Nigeria, Saudia, Uzbekistan, Libya, Iran, Iraq etc are better off with their own clown leaders who siphon most of the cash into Swiss accounts, and get the money frozen when they die, or is it better if the US manages these countries, with US corporations making huge profits, paying US taxes to help manage these countries and keep the oil prices stable and affordable for all?

Would it benefit the citizens of these nations? Is the average Nigerian better off with the US running their country rather than a President who died in the company of a pair of hookers?
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
kingfisher
#2 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 10:51:58 AM

We are better off with those dictators my brother. Anything controlled by the west only finds it way into their markets, and in controlled quantities so as to preserver more energy for their future needs. Thus Libya oil production will go down, just as Iraq did and there will be no efforts to increase it as long as supply to the west if sufficient. The rest can go to hell...
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
KulaRaha
#3 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 11:03:25 AM

So you think if these "western" powers satisfy their needs, they dont care about the rest of us?

But if you look at consumption, the rest of us dont matter...so if theyre satisfied with Iraq and Libya, that means prices should be stable for the rest of us?

Isnt that logical?

Global Oil consumption

i still feel perhaps oil has now reached that status of mineral wealth that requires controlling and management, for the whole planet's sake. We can no longer have super rich guys like th Saudis taking all the profits, with a broke populace, and diverting these funds to support terrorism etc.
simonkabz
#4 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 1:42:37 PM

That idea is debatable, but the implied undertone is the west CARES for us, which is not true.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
KulaRaha
#5 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 2:01:41 PM

simonkabz wrote:
That idea is debatable, but the implied undertone is the west CARES for us, which is not true.

Neither does Qaddafi...
simonkabz
#6 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 2:40:15 PM

So, if both of them dnt care, what nxt? U r now contradicting uaself, in that both shouldnt be trusted.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!