wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
Libyan Invasion
simonkabz
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 12:39:31 AM

Another Iraq is born today. I see this as another western invasion under the guise of UNSC n in pretence of protecting the Libyan peoples. OIL OIL OIL-42 billion barrels of proven reserves, with much larger areas remaining unexplored. Why havent they come to save somalis 21 yrs down the line since the fall of Siad Barre? Anyway, a french Jet allegedly shot down(france refutes). US fires over 100 cruise missiles into Libya. French Jets fire the 1st shot on Libyan troops outside Benghazi. Gaddafi must go, bt is the UN (the west) genuine? What will happen to these armed rebels? What will happen to the the legitimate national army? Tough.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
murenj
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 7:02:45 AM

you have already said theobvious. now tgat there is nothing gir me to do ajout it, I will try to analyze impact thus war will have on the nse. inceeased pump prices leads to increase prices in consumer goods reducing purchase power. reduced sales........increase in marketing activity............stock picks this year.......advertising.....all the way through the elections........telecomunications.........laxima watu waongee.....stima ni lazima..........mikopo itaongezeka but investor psychology???????? wacha tuone Q1na Q2 results.
MaichBlack
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 8:00:43 AM

I watched Obama's speech and I was like wtf!!! Apparently they are bombing Libya to protect the civilians! I was like HOW ABOUT 'WE' START BOMBING ISRAEL!! Have you seen what they do to Palestinian CIVILIANS? These punks bomb a block of flats full of women and children just because they suspect an 'extremist' lives in one of the houses there!

Libya is in a power struggle. And the west is supporting the rebels. There is no way the US/WEST will leave the Libya better than they found it. And if they are honest, can they start bombing ISRAEL to protect Palestinian civilians! Bure Kabisa.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
famooz
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 12:18:32 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
I watched Obama's speech and I was like wtf!!! Apparently they are bombing Libya to protect the civilians! I was like HOW ABOUT 'WE' START BOMBING ISRAEL!! Have you seen what they do to Palestinian CIVILIANS? These punks bomb a block of flats full of women and children just because they suspect an 'extremist' lives in one of the houses there!

Libya is in a power struggle. And the west is supporting the rebels. There is no way the US/WEST will leave the Libya better than they found it. And if they are honest, can they start bombing ISRAEL to protect Palestinian civilians! Bure Kabisa.

See ,this is what i was referring to when i talked about the ICC - yeah,that dark cloud which hangs over Kenya right now.It is the hypocrisy of the west- they set standards which they are not willing to follow. So now what Gaddaffi is doing is worse than the Israel Palestine conflict?

That said,i think Gadaffi is sick!!

Maybe the west powers should have forced him to accept to have a constitution and a time frame for free elections in OIL :) rich Libya?........instead of air strikes??

Just thinking......
YesuWangu
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 1:10:28 PM

this has got nothing to do with oil israel icc or all that. they just dont want europe to be inundated with african refugees, of arab and muslim descent no less, full stop. ask mubarak and the other one. no african madman is going to cause them that headache by distressing their citizens no thank you. whoever has eyes will see these things.
Lolest!
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 1:32:05 PM

@maichblack, al-jazeera is openly biased towards Muslims and Arabs. But Gadaffi will go Saddams way. He said he will attack Mediterranean Islands...sufficient excuse to the west to drive him out of power.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
simonkabz
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 1:45:56 PM

The guy also said he will open up barracks to civilians to arm themselves n fight for Libya..
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
famooz
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 1:48:52 PM

simonkabz wrote:
The guy also said he will open up barracks to civilians to arm themselves n fight for Libya..

yeah he is sick......
MaichBlack
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:41:45 PM

simonkabz wrote:

Believe me, the west has just pushed him to do exactly that. The west can get away with attacking his troops but not civilians. Gadaffi will DEFINITELY arm the civilians. The west will have no balls to bomb them.

And believe me, Gadaffi will fight till he's dead, captured or the west retreats. Given that he is now an outcast, he has no where to go! I hope the west has concrete plans and plan Bs and Cs
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Mwende
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 3:26:42 PM

How pathetic Sad Sad ! Some of those picx looks like an extract from ‘beyond enemy lines’ movie

It’s really beyond me that we can always & easily afford a war but we can never afford peace..

...hold me in your arms, like that Spanish guitar… all night long!!!
sanity
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 3:54:47 PM

Obama says the US has strategic interests in Libya....then again he says they are interested in protecting civilians..what a contradiction!!
Hope is not a strategy
simonkabz
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 7:07:07 PM

Given, USA is in a position to engage the whole world n probably bring it to its knees. Its the one n only SUPERPOWER in the world. In cohorts with UK n France, It becomes the absolute military powerhouse. This national pwr is controlled not by Obama, but a small cabal of families that literally own the American Govt. Money is their only language, n war is money. Oil is also money (Libya allegedly has the cleanest oil, with the largest deposits in africa-??) Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Lolest!
#13 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 8:48:36 PM

@simo, maybe we should blame the love for money not power. At the end of the equation is money, money, money...
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Jus Blazin
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 11:54:54 PM

Was watching ABC's Christina Amanpour asking a panel on their thoughts on the 'invasion'. Their thinking was Yemen represents more of a threat to the US than Libya in terms of terrorism, yet US was focusing on Libya thereby raising more questions to the logic behind the attacks yet both countries' governments were turning on their people. I say there are vested interests.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Obi 1 Kanobi
#15 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 8:02:27 AM

I don't believe in this line that most are trying to sell here between the west and the rest of the world.

Gaddafi is a sick man who has no business running a Kiosk, let alone controling a country, whatever reasons the West give for invading Libya are fine by me.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
KulaRaha
#16 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 8:05:36 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Believe me, the west has just pushed him to do exactly that. The west can get away with attacking his troops but not civilians. Gadaffi will DEFINITELY arm the civilians. The west will have no balls to bomb them.

And believe me, Gadaffi will fight till he's dead, captured or the west retreats. Given that he is now an outcast, he has no where to go! I hope the west has concrete plans and plan Bs and Cs

There used to be this guy called Saddam who even had missiles etc...they found him in a hole eating kit kat chocolates and drinking diet coke...
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
McReggae
#17 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 9:20:12 AM

Libya's oil may be the cleanest, the last time I checked it only represented 3% of the world supply!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
newfarer
#18 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 9:38:34 AM

Simon , what do you do with someone has decided to kill his own people.Wait for genocide ? Obama took the right decision.Gaddafi and his sons are sick people.
His end is nigh.The self proclaimed king of kings of Africa also interpreted as the Dictator of Dictators of Africa.I have no pity for him.I just pity the innocent women and children of Libya as the two bulls fight.But it's the price to pay for a better free Libya.

I think now we need to be told the truth about the Grand regency hotel saga.
punda amecheka
Jus Blazin
#19 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 9:46:01 AM

@Obi, you don't have to believe the reasons but they are there. The Western media is asking the very same reasons. BBC, ABC, CNN, you name it. The Western governments keep saying they are not targeting Gaddafi, just trying to stop him from turning against his people, but so are Yemen and Bahrain. So what's the logic behind it?

Gaddafi may not be fit to run the country, but so is Al Bashir (Darfur). Yet the US never invaded Sudan. Another Iraq may be looming due to an unnecessary war.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Obi 1 Kanobi
#20 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 10:09:23 AM

Jus Blazin wrote:
@Obi, you don't have to believe the reasons but they are there. The Western media is asking the very same reasons. BBC, ABC, CNN, you name it. The Western governments keep saying they are not targeting Gaddafi, just trying to stop him from turning against his people, but so are Yemen and Bahrain. So what's the logic behind it?

Gaddafi may not be fit to run the country, but so is Al Bashir (Darfur). Yet the US never invaded Sudan. Another Iraq may be looming due to an unnecessary war.

"Another Iraq" is not necessarily a bad thing, Iraq is way better off now than it was under Saddam, and will only get better. The violence playing out now and probably in future is simply because most of the people don't know any other way to relate as a result of life under Saddam.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins