wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Clinton: US losing the global information war
innairobi
#1 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 10:12:45 AM

Clinton admits their American media and US brobaganda is becoming a hard sell both in the US and the rest of the world thanks to Al Jazeera and Co.

Watch CNN coverage of major news events of late and it is a pale shadow of its former self. It is packed full of Justin Bieber and Charlie Sheen storos. The news analysis has lots of guess work even when certain facts are easy to obtain on the web.

For all its Palestinian-leanings Al Jazeera has some of the most real and intelligent documentaries on TV today.

http://www.youtube.com/w...pjA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/w...Iak&feature=related
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
masukuma
#2 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 10:55:25 AM

the thing i hate about CNN is that it uses phrases such as "American Lives" or dares make noise on the disappearance of 4 journalists in Libya like their lives are more important than those of others.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Robinhood
#3 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 11:55:52 AM

@masukums, Damn right. My perception of America changed on the day of the US Embassy bombing. President Clinton addressed a press conference to say that twelve Americans had been killed and scores of others. Those scores of others are the more than 200 Kenyans who died on that day.
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
MaichBlack
#4 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 12:04:23 PM

I have an issue with Western media - CNN being one of them. They always have an agenda. It's not as simple as giving people facts and letting them decide. They decide on the agenda first then go out looking for [mis]information geared towards that agenda.

Remember the invasion of Iraq - after 9/11? It was almost single handedly orchestrated by CNN. At a time when bush was totally confused - and in hiding - they were shouting from the roof tops how America should send a clear message, how delaying the "inevitable" invasion of Iraq [among other countries] was sending the wrong message - portraying America as weak, the terrorists are winning, the motherland bla bla bla. By the time Bush and crew were deciding what to do, the public opinion was already formed! Bure Kabisa Media!!

Al Jazeera - I like. Their stories especially about the middle east are very moving! Seeing what Israel is doing to Palestine and it's people, how they control everything - including food, medicine, movement etc you can't help but sympathize with the Palestinians! Do you know that a Palestinian living/working elsewhere in the world must get clearance before visiting his/her motherland? You can Google! Israel decides when you visit and for how long you stay! And I am talking about visiting your own country [Palestine] not the annexed part [Israel]! On the other hand, anyone who has remote Jewish connections automatically becomes an Israeli citizen!! wtf??? Obviously you'll never hear this from CNN.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#5 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 12:07:48 PM

Robinhood wrote:
@masukums, Damn right. My perception of America changed on the day of the US Embassy bombing. President Clinton addressed a press conference to say that twelve Americans had been killed and scores of others. Those scores of others are the more than 200 Kenyans who died on that day.

Because of the Americans!!!

Our brothers and sisters died because of the Americans and the became scores of others. The Americans we compensated but the Kenyans are still fighting years later to get even something small.

Have you ever seen a documentary on CNN documenting the suffering by the orphans, widows, Kenyans who were blinded and maimed etc.? And yesterday I see Anderson Cooper talking about two dogs that were injured/stranded in Japan [complete with video coverage] and assuring the audience that the dogs were rescued bla bla bla. They shouldn't be worried...
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
pessa
#6 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 12:23:04 PM

innairobi wrote:
Clinton admits their American media and US brobaganda is becoming a hard sell both in the US and the rest of the world thanks to Al Jazeera and Co.

Watch CNN coverage of major news events of late and it is a pale shadow of its former self. It is packed full of Justin Bieber and Charlie Sheen storos. The news analysis has lots of guess work even when certain facts are easy to obtain on the web.

For all its Palestinian-leanings Al Jazeera has some of the most real and intelligent documentaries on TV today.

http://www.youtube.com/w...pjA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/w...Iak&feature=related

rarely watch CNN..its no longer proper news. only thing i watch is Piers Morgan. Watching the japanese story it was so f&*k*n annoying for AC to ask an American intern what effect the tremors had. Same thing in Egypt making a Hero of an American doctor helping guys there. CNN, SKY and BBC are all loosing grip. Al Jazeera is raw and they news comes from the people...bye bye CNN