wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Lucy Kibaki and forced shoes...
Impunity
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 12:41:03 PM

Now she wants all primary school children be forced to wear shoes to school, to mitigate jiggers.

To me a case of the queen asking the government to feed hungry people on cakes if the stores are nil of bread.
Sad

http://dn.nationmedia.co.../2011/03/17/index.shtml
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

hoodrat
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 12:46:58 PM

Now how can someone who doen't even have something in his stomach think about his feet?Totally misplaced priorities!
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today!
cmk
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 1:45:51 PM

it's like shoes grow on trees and all you need do is go pluck some n wear..just like that..by the way most of the jigger infested families cannot afford a decent meal..
Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do-
Voltaire
sanity
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:02:38 PM

I think its a good idea.The little feet get hurt soo much that seeing them running to school barefoot really sickens.I have personally bought two pairs of shoes for two kids in my home village.Lucy is simply asking the government to look for ways to make it easier for the kids to learn.I know most of them families can barely afford a meal but that doesnt mean they shouldn't go to school.
Hope is not a strategy
KulaRaha
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:03:44 PM

Kenyan Royalty...loved and defended by her "people".
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
'user'
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:13:08 PM

Guest (4), Impunity, kadonye, 'user'
is this not enough prove?

Back to the topic, I think jiggers come due to ignorance and laziness on the affected .simple hygiene can get rid of these suckers.

Do you expect the government to come and wash you?

Im talking from personal experience .In my early days of life I was once infected.I blame childhood and lack of a person to take care of me that time.
Now I am an adult , I bath daily ,sometime with cold water not to kill the passengersApplause Applause Applause and I am no longer infected

2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
Robinhood
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:19:24 PM

@Sanity, which pains you more, the kids going hungry or going to school bila shoes?
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
cmk
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:51:12 PM

@ real user..thats quite something..you can use hot water..all the passengers will disembark at the right time..as for the ndutus?? me thinks once affected,the kids sort of get mentally affected such that they are at the mercy of the jiggers..reminds me of this guy in primo those days...his feet were so chewed by the wadudus that they grew at an angle of 90 degrees..kama jembe..walking was a real pain..then the rainy season had the guy in real trouble..
Voltaire
simonkabz
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 4:37:21 PM

Best idea ever. Mtumba shoes r available for as low as 50bob, n may last over a year. Now, how much food can finje buy? Surprised guys dnt support her! Or is it me who is ignorant?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
miser
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 4:40:21 PM

People,jiggers are due to poverty!!And poverty of what, you ask...Water!!!Welcome to mashinani and you will understand why this is the case!!!Provide adequate water to all and jiggers will be history...but I forget there was a slogan 'water for all by 2000'.Just that,a slogan...And what is the current one?
Robinhood
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:02:13 PM

@Miser, are you insinuating that jiggers are only in places bila water? I thought most of central Kenya has lots of water. The fact is that poor hygiene contributes to the situation and buying 50 bob shoes to a guy who will not bathe will not chase away the jiggers. They will just be more comfortable inside the shoe.
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
majimaji
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:24:20 PM

The cure for jiggers is soap and water. The prevention for many ailments is hand washing as we all know.
Simple hygiene at all levels what should be taught in all schools.
Lucy is right. And now that men in centro are saving money courtesy of Mututho laws, let them buy the children shoes. Wawache maneno.
cmk
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:28:29 PM

not just poverty..also the soil type..jiggers like red soils..don't know whether we have jiggers in cotton/murram soils..most of central areas in fested with jiggers have red soil..very deep soils at that..must be a connection..then we have lazy/retarded mothers who cannot take good care of the kid's feet and hands..there used to be that cattle dip chemical??was quite effective plus the fruits of the soddom apple(ndongu)..you had to squeeze the juice onto the wound after removing the kajigger..
Voltaire
ecstacy
#14 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:39:00 PM

Impunity wrote:
Now she wants all primary school children be forced to wear shoes to school, to mitigate jiggers.

She is right. Shoes do mitigate jiggers in that mashinani soil.
K22
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:02:51 PM

cmk wrote:
not just poverty..also the soil type..jiggers like red soils..don't know whether we have jiggers in cotton/murram soils..most of central areas in fested with jiggers have red soil..very deep soils at that..must be a connection..then we have lazy/retarded mothers who cannot take good care of the kid's feet and hands..there used to be that cattle dip chemical??was quite effective plus the fruits of the soddom apple(ndongu)..you had to squeeze the juice onto the wound after removing the kajigger..

You have a point there!

sijawai sikia mitoto iko na hii ndutu uko Isiolo ama NEP....

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man
sanity
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:29:11 PM

Robinhood wrote:
@Sanity, which pains you more, the kids going hungry or going to school bila shoes?

Robin..a pair of shoes can cost as low as 50bob.but the kid will wear them for upto 3months.A meal of 50bob will hardly last 5 hours..If you look at the issue more rationally it makes alot of sense.
Hope is not a strategy
For Sport
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:54:33 PM

hoodrat wrote:
Now how can someone who doen't even have something in his stomach think about his feet?Totally misplaced priorities!

@hoodrat, if we can force them to wear shoes, surely, we can force them to eat

Our very on Marie.
simonkabz
#18 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 12:21:58 AM

@for sport, get real brother! How much is a set of complete school uniform? Can it go for less than ksh 500? Is it not mandatory? Are u suggesting we abolish this "EXPENSIVE" requirement so that our poor rural kids can feed? Dont allow antipathy towards the 1st lady obscure rationality....
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
murenj
#19 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 7:30:22 AM

for an ex mathare graduate, mama Lucy is doing just fine
YesuWangu
#20 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 7:56:43 AM

sanity wrote:
Robinhood wrote:

Robin..a pair of shoes can cost as low as 50bob.but the kid will wear them for upto 3months.A meal of 50bob will hardly last 5 hours..If you look at the issue more rationally it makes alot of sense.

I think she is right. I think schools put too much emphasis on the 'uniform' than on pupils health. There are plastic shoes, the very brightly coloured shoes that are also very cheap and I have seen children from very poor backgrounds wearing them at home. These can save pupils these jigger troubles. But they cannot be allowed to school because of 'policy'. They do not 'match' the official uniform hence cannot be allowed. The pupil is accepted without shoes than with these type of shoes.

She has tossed the ball into minister ongeris desk, he should mull over it apart from the annual kcpe and private schools ritual.