wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
The Son of Jomo: Do the Maths
poundfoolish
#1 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 5:10:49 PM

on Sato UK hired all Thika Matatus... and for good measure roped in all those from the environs of Thika i.e Murang'a, Nyeri, garissa et al..
event was 'formation of a mt. Kenya matatu association'...with question marks

Going to those sides was more expensive than hitching a flight to Uganda...

A kanyoni in the grapevines tells me that there are 800 matatus on thika rd. and each matatu was paid a full days wages
i.e 10k for gasoline
5k to the owner
1.5k to the driver
na konkodi ngiri yake pap!!

thats 17,500 per motorgari...
my mind mind and hands cant let me do the maths as to how much was spent on saturday..too boggling for my small brain.

Matatu men being who they are..kulad that money and still ferried those they were hired for, and still managed to move the masses(at exhorbitant prices) from NBI to Thika.

Burning Spear
#2 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 5:46:55 PM

poundfoolish wrote:
on Sato UK hired all Thika Matatus... and for good measure roped in all those from the environs of Thika i.e Murang'a, Nyeri, garissa et al..
event was 'formation of a mt. Kenya matatu association'...with question marks

Going to those sides was more expensive than hitching a flight to Uganda...

A kanyoni in the grapevines tells me that there are 800 matatus on thika rd. and each matatu was paid a full days wages
i.e 10k for gasoline
5k to the owner
1.5k to the driver
na konkodi ngiri yake pap!!

thats 17,500 per motorgari...
my mind mind and hands cant let me do the maths as to how much was spent on saturday..too boggling for my small brain.

Matatu men being who they are..kulad that money and still ferried those they were hired for, and still managed to move the masses(at exhorbitant prices) from NBI to Thika.

This is incorrect statement.
Get the facts right before you rumour monger !
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
Apple Bees
#3 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 8:36:34 PM

@ Burning Spear, please tell us the correct position because I thought @poundfoolish under-quoted the amounts dished out
For Sport
#4 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 9:22:55 PM

Apple Bees wrote:
@ Burning Spear, please tell us the correct position because I thought @poundfoolish under-quoted the amounts dished out

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly :- hii sasa ni uchokozi.
Tommy
#5 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 10:17:58 PM

as u get the right story, what do u think he intended to achieve with all this?
Don't wait for the Last Judgment. It happens every day. ~Albert Camus, The Fall, 1956
McReggae
#6 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 10:51:57 PM

hearsay!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Sober
#7 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 11:43:04 PM

what is the moral of this story? am sorry i was rather slow, after being off wazua for some time now.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
simonkabz
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:46:17 AM

Whats wrong with anyone dishing out his/her money? @pound, I see u joined in 09. Such threads ruled stockskenya b4 the bloodletting began. Truth be told, we r now back in 2005! Nxt yr will b 2007 reincarnate. Throw in ICC n a perfect "nail bomb" dangles over our pathetic heads.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Sigiriri
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:28:54 AM

@simon - manze u r becoming so anti-ICC - and what's with all the alarmist attitude?

things will happen and am not sure as Kenyan citizens we will be the ones to influence the decision - our politicians and world leaders are going to drive this - each with their own interests in mind.

whichever way this goes, Kenyan citizens can play their role - DUMISHA AMANI!
Robinhood
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:23:22 AM

@Kabz, some guys said there will be violence should the suspects be named by Ocampo. They were named and there was no violence. Some say there will be violence should the suspects be indicted and trial begins, my take is there will be no violence. Some think there will be violence in 2012 if nothing happens to the suspects, here I concur.
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
TAZ
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:43:58 AM

Robinhood wrote:
@Kabz, some guys said there will be violence should the suspects be named by Ocampo. They were named and there was no violence. Some say there will be violence should the suspects be indicted and trial begins, my take is there will be no violence. Some think there will be violence in 2012 if nothing happens to the suspects, here I concur.

There will be no violence in 2012 as long as UK, WR, RAO or SKM don't vie for Presidency. So as you can see its inevitable.
poundfoolish
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:57:29 AM

now, surely, whose goat have i eaten....???

I just stated the facts as i saw them on the road and heard on the ground..
I was personally headed to my home town on Sato.. the mats were demanding 100bob hata kama its just 100 metres..

on further prodding i got the full information(from fellow msafiri,a satisfied driver who had collected his wages and surrendered his motorgari).
Infact our Matatu had to weka that red ribbon as if we were going for a funeral, much to the chagrin of one of the commuters.
Travelling within Thika was such a hustle, because any vehicles found defying were to face some serious instant consequences..PAP!!!

Nobody actually had a complete story on what was going on, from the taxi man, shoe shiner or the guy on the streets... it was mkutano kimya kimya..

thats my version, thats what i saw and heard
wakagori
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 11:38:32 AM

UK did not hire any matatus, he was headed to Thika as a guest of the Matatu assoc which was having their official launch on that day. UK travelled, with some MPs, on an open truck all the way to thika whilst making various top at the various small towns/shopping centres along Thika road.
Kihangeri
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:11:06 PM

Sigiriri wrote:
@simon - manze u r becoming so anti-ICC - and what's with all the alarmist attitude?

things will happen and am not sure as Kenyan citizens we will be the ones to influence the decision - our politicians and world leaders are going to drive this - each with their own interests in mind.

@Sigiriri...........When it becomes an issue of Justice, all other issues are supposed to be put a side. That is why i would rather a rapist, killer etc, you name it, goes scot free now if the prosecution of the rapist will give a hypocrite an upper hand of ascending to power while in reality he had more blood on his hands or was actually the main culprit. Why do some guys think we use our knees to think? there is a tribe in kenya which has a monopoly in rumour mongering and outright lies. who would want to kill millie adhi, or some other ... crying wolf all the time.

it is very dangerous for raila to lead a group of his tribes men and women within odm and claim they are odm which is in coolition with government. the problems is that the day kaleos and kiuks will wake up in arms, the lke side brothers will be the scape goat na mtapenda. we need to come to our senses now instead of trying to compete with each other here.

By inference, the man is all that Mr Phantom is not: an untrustworthy radical, divisive, too many enemies, a dictator, and a persistent liar...
Gaitho dialogues.

Burning Spear
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:59:31 PM

wakagori wrote:
UK did not hire any matatus, he was headed to Thika as a guest of the Matatu assoc which was having their official launch on that day. UK travelled, with some MPs, on an open truck all the way to thika whilst making various top at the various small towns/shopping centres along Thika road.

You got it right !!
Are the rumour mongers listening
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
keraka
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:51:03 PM

Kihangeri wrote:
Sigiriri wrote:

@Sigiriri...........When it becomes an issue of Justice, all other issues are supposed to be put a side. That is why i would rather a rapist, killer etc, you name it, goes scot free now if the prosecution of the rapist will give a hypocrite an upper hand of ascending to power while in reality he had more blood on his hands or was actually the main culprit. Why do some guys think we use our knees to think? there is a tribe in kenya which Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you has a monopoly in rumour mongering and outright lies. who would want to kill millie adhi, or some other ... crying wolf all the time.

it is very dangerous for raila to lead a group of his tribes men and women within odm and claim they are odm which is in coolition with government. the problems is that the day kaleos and kiuks will wake up in arms, the lke side brothers will be the scape goat na mtapenda. we need to come to our senses now instead of trying to compete with each other here.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Raila according to me is not the best president Kenya can have and infact he isnt.but that alone does not make an international justice process which wouldnt take off localy to be paralysed.By the way had ua small gods not been on the list would we still be quoting that silly word sovereghnity which is selectively used when it fits your situation. We need justice hata RAO and KIBS should be heading there.on another note bro. go slow on the hate and tribal sentiments.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
2 Miles
#17 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 4:12:48 PM

@ Robinhood , I totally agree....totally
poundfoolish
#18 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 4:49:28 PM

Kwani am i growing mental senile at 30 or what? or the guys diligently stating otherwise are part and parcel of those involved in Saturday's meeting?

Im Stating facts: what do you want me to do..? pin them on the sun, so that you can see them rise shine and set with the sun so as to take them as facts????
or maybe stick them on the moon...

if Uhuru was just going for a launch as a guest.
Why were Thika Matatus being stopped enroute to go assemble at roysambu..?

Why did they ferry people, from outside to Thika Stadium...???

Why did Matatus have to operate undercover lest the crew get roughed up????

Who were all those being ferried into the stadium..??
If anything a matatu should only have atmost 5 stakeholders (the driver, conductor, the owner, his wife if interested (and any other 1 or 2 fellas who may feel they own a stake in the matatu legally or otherwise)
famooz
#19 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 5:18:44 PM

poundfoolish wrote:
now, surely, whose goat have i eaten....???

I just stated the facts as i saw them on the road and heard on the ground..
I was personally headed to my home town on Sato.. the mats were demanding 100bob hata kama its just 100 metres..

on further prodding i got the full information(from fellow msafiri,a satisfied driver who had collected his wages and surrendered his motorgari).
Infact our Matatu had to weka that red ribbon as if we were going for a funeral, much to the chagrin of one of the commuters.
Travelling within Thika was such a hustle, because any vehicles found defying were to face some serious instant consequences..PAP!!!

Nobody actually had a complete story on what was going on, from the taxi man, shoe shiner or the guy on the streets... it was mkutano kimya kimya..

thats my version, thats what i saw and heard

Nobody had the complete story yet you have given us the whole story ?
poundfoolish
#20 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 5:27:43 PM

@famooz
True i have the whole story but its not complete.. and no this is not a case of semantics...
DETAILS!!! PUZZLES!!!

its those cases where you see the picture but you just cannot spot what is missing in the picture