wazua Wed, Oct 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
Africa plots mass walkout from ICC
yekeyeke
#1 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 2:56:38 PM

This is good news indeed. The ICC is nothing but a colonial court. Period
The funders are 5 counties who were all former colonial powers in Africa. When we got independent we said good riddance to colonialism.
Israel rejected the court stating that “the court will be used to invent new crimes”.
The USA has rejected the courts and even passed legislation denying aid to any nation those hands over any US citizen to the courts.
So what makes this court good for Africa other than the fact that the colonial powers have found a way to re-colonise Africa again?
How come no one from Somalia’s warlords has been indicted for war crimes and crimes against humanity?
What about Iraq and Afghanistan? And what about Latin America and Eastern Europe? What about the human rights of the aborigines and the American Red Indians and all the natives of Central and South America.
No one has been. Zero. All the cases have come from Africa. Why? Because the ICC is a European tool to fix Africa. Period.
The EU and the US are now practically broke. They have no money as a result of the credit crisis. So they can’t threaten Africa with Aid freezes any more. It will not work.
Statistics have shown that China lent more money to the developing countries than the World Bank did in 2010. Go figure where the new world power is. The EU and US are finished. Kaput.
Let the AU kill the ICC. If you see the ICC president or that prosecutor, tell them that their time is up.
Kenya and Africa will not accept to be bullied.

http://www.capitalfm.co....ut-from-ICC.html#sucess
newfarer
#2 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 2:59:18 PM

Desperate action by African Dictators.

What will happen to those that order for killing of innocent People. Will the hopeless, toothless African Union Punish them
punda amecheka
masukuma
#3 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 3:14:03 PM

the court is a neo colonial Kangaroo court - Imagine the US has the audacity to say they will VETO!!
Very fake, Africa is slowly moving away from dependence on the west, Europe is dying and Asia is booming. Wachana nao!!
Did the ICC sort out the English- Irish squabble? Nope! the nations sorted themselves out.
Kenya taking people to the ICC is nothing to celebrate but something to be ashamed of! only babies and brain dead people have their poop cleaned by others (which ones are we?)
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
famooz
#4 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 3:18:47 PM

let's face it. ICC is a court for Africans. I find it disturbing that these countries shouting the loudest are not even signatories to the ICC. If they really believe in it's mandate,why won't they let their citizens be tried in that court?

I would like to see a massive walkout- not to save the Ocampo 6 or African dictators ( no thanks i do not need a lecture on this) but sending a loud and clear message to our colonial masters that 'we see you for who you are' and then probably a new mechanism would need to be put in place interms of legitimacy of the ICC process.

mlefu
#5 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 3:30:23 PM

"mareciria icc ni kwa nyina" Uhuru for presidentApplause Applause
newfarer
#6 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 3:38:52 PM

McReggae wrote:
Thimioni, below I quote a friend:
"Today in Naivasha, I had a drink wth a military doctor friend of mine who narrated how he attended to PEV revenge attack victims of rape in 2008. Most of the women had not just been gang raped, but had their vaginas sealed with super glue afterwards, so they couldnt even pass urine! Some died! In my entire life, I've never heard of a worse violation than this!!!

.....for you such people yo still think would not like the O6 to got to the hague????

Famooz hope you had not read this.And no one has ever been jailed.Because the financiers are still free

punda amecheka
famooz
#7 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 3:44:48 PM

newfarer wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Thimioni, below I quote a friend:
"Today in Naivasha, I had a drink wth a military doctor friend of mine who narrated how he attended to PEV revenge attack victims of rape in 2008. Most of the women had not just been gang raped, but had their vaginas sealed with super glue afterwards, so they couldnt even pass urine! Some died! In my entire life, I've never heard of a worse violation than this!!!

.....for you such people yo still think would not like the O6 to got to the hague????

Famooz hope you had not read this.And no one has ever been jailed.Because the financiers are still free

I had not read it but even if i had,it would still not tell me why countries hold veto power yet thay are not signatories.....that is what i mean by the 'process'
newfarer
#8 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 3:52:46 PM

I dont care which 'process' is taken as long as I see justice being done to the 35 burned in a Church , the IDP out of the squalid condition, the raped mothers , men whose pine trees were cruelly cut ,and airports sealed with superglue, people whose hard started businesses were brought down etc.
And we have totally 100% failed to bring justice to these.
And we wait for these to happen once again NEXT YEAR ??????
Process!!!!! process!!!!process!!!!
punda amecheka
kadonye
#9 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 3:53:42 PM

The ICC is important. It sends shivers down the spines of would be inciters and financiers.

However, Kenyans have overhyped it. It does not solve the moronic hatred that wananchi wa Kenya have.

The real killers are still out there...
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
newfarer
#10 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 4:02:58 PM

kadonye wrote:
The ICC is important. It sends shivers down the spines of would be inciters and financiers.

However, Kenyans have overhyped it. It does not solve the moronic hatred that wananchi wa Kenya have.

The real killers are still out there...

Yes because we have not punished those who sent these FOOLS to kill and with well monied godfathers they know nothing will be done.Notwithstanding the new constitution which some people still think is a worthless piece of paper.
punda amecheka
2 Miles
#11 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 4:55:34 PM

All of you saying ICC is for African countries, get serious. I repeat , get serious. Why don't we also stop accepting aid??? We are the biggest beneficiaries of aid, from the west?? Lets say to no to aid too. This is simply a case of distorting events , so as to appear like victims.

If we want to change Africa, we must first be honest and sincere. Most African leaders are buggers. Idiots. They don't reflect their people's dreams.... more so their youth's aspirations. Bastards!!!

First , lets know our place. We have poor justice systems , malaria and HIV/AIDS still claim thousands of people and transparency in government procedures is a joke. Lets be humble. Tuko na mashida. Acceptance is the first stage.

These old leaders( mugabe & co. ) behave like they have enough financial muscle. They display flashes of arrogance , then quickly discover that they have to beg. Beg for money, beg for technology, beg, beg,beg. Thats why they are never taken seriously.

Our case is not the ICC , because of America or whoever else you want to blame. When given a chance to sort our issues, we proved to the world that:
1. We can't organise ourselves , to decide whether we want a local tribunal or the ICC.
2. Our decisions are rarely based on reason or rationale , but on tribal alliances and temporary selfish strategies.
3. Our local justice is a sham. Very few people actually believe that Uhuru or even Ruto can be convicted in a Kenyan court. Perception. Majority lack faith in the Justice system. Its prone to manipulation.

Now we are crying all over, spending millions on shuttle diplomacy and asking leaders like Mubarak and Gaddafi to support us in our quest for deferral. While thats happening , IDPs are being jailed while demonstrating. For what??? Illegal assembly. And then someone says Kenya and Africa are being bullied by the west??????????

Friends , lets be a bit serious. If our colonial masters are harssing us , its because we made ourselves vulnerable a long time ago.
simonkabz
#12 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 5:09:50 PM

Hehehe down with the f***ed up kangaroo court! That reiterates my assertion that "KENYA'S CASE MAY FRY THE ICC". Infact, it SHALL! Let the kenyan middle class, civil society n lakeside brothers be very ashamed for trying to take us 50yrs back. Attaining sovereignty sio kama kwenda kununua mbuzi/samaki u people (S. Sudan?)
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Burning Spear
#13 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 5:27:04 PM

Much as we want justice to the PEV victims.I am a strong opponent to the Hague kangaroo court which intends to settle political scores for some part here in kenya.

I am speaking as a victim having lost our alternative house in Nakuru and left my father sick with pressure.I also lost 2 uncles in Eldoret but I believe the real suspects are not in that list.The Hague list is based on rumours and those who were calling for more rioting aare nowhere near the ocampo six.

This man Ocampo has lead to more ethinisization (spelling) in kenya that it was and this will even polarise kenya more because some ethnic communities believe ocampo is being used to settle scores
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
KulaRaha
#14 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 5:50:29 PM

Its true, Africa is so important, so critical to the world, that the western evil colonial powers have actually gone through the trouble of spending millions of dollars to set up a kangaroo court just to persecute (read not prosecute) poor innocent important African leaders who are beloved by their people!!!

Who says Africa only contributes 2% of global GDP? Who? those are just lies, I'm sure given all the cash stashed in private accounts outside Africa, we must be controlling almost 10%. Bashir alone has $9B in his accounts, so imagine what the rest must have? And that money is good money, it helps Africans, and helps the poor people of Africa who are being oppressed by the West and by evil America and Europe.

Long live Africa and its great leaders!!! Long live the deep thinkers of this continent, who are so smart they started this lovely thread that makes so much sense!!

We must unite to protect our great leaders, we must walk out of everything so the West can know we citizens of Africa will not allow our rightfully elected and beloved leaders down!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
kingfisher
#15 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 5:53:25 PM

yekeyeke wrote:
Statistics have shown that China lent more money to the developing countries than the World Bank did in 2010. Go figure where the new world power is. The EU and US are finished. Kaput.
Let the AU kill the ICC. If you see the ICC president or that prosecutor, tell them that their time is up.
Kenya and Africa will not accept to be bullied.

http://www.capitalfm.co....ut-from-ICC.html#sucess

And this is what is expected by 2020..... a paltry 9yrs away!!! So China is the real power in the world actually.

http://euromonitor.typep...0c014e5fb97eb7970c-popup
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
McReggae
#16 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 6:12:53 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Its true, Africa is so important, so critical to the world, that the western evil colonial powers have actually gone through the trouble of spending millions of dollars to set up a kangaroo court just to persecute (read not prosecute) poor innocent important African leaders who are beloved by their people!!!

Who says Africa only contributes 2% of global GDP? Who? those are just lies, I'm sure given all the cash stashed in private accounts outside Africa, we must be controlling almost 10%. Bashir alone has $9B in his accounts, so imagine what the rest must have? And that money is good money, it helps Africans, and helps the poor people of Africa who are being oppressed by the West and by evil America and Europe.

Long live Africa and its great leaders!!! Long live the deep thinkers of this continent, who are so smart they started this lovely thread that makes so much sense!!

We must unite to protect our great leaders, we must walk out of everything so the West can know we citizens of Africa will not allow our rightfully elected and beloved leaders down!

Well put brother, Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
For Sport
#17 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 6:18:39 PM

"We must unite to protect our great leaders...?"
d'oh! d'oh!
which ones?
Apple Bees
#18 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 6:19:55 PM

TAZ
#19 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 6:33:06 PM

I had so much confidence in ICC until Ocampo came into the picture....this idiot decided to play Kenya's 2012 politics instead of seeking justice for the victims of PEV. Some of these vocal politicians who are pro-hague should be on the same flight with the Ocampo six but because of the ICC prosecutor's actions most of them think they are innocent. I don't want to mention names but we all know them....Killers, Inciters, Rapists, thieves etc have no right to talk on behalf of Kenyans.
kadonye
#20 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 6:42:33 PM

@ kularaha, nice piece
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing