wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Double M, The new phase of public transportation.
Tommy
#21 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 7:05:04 AM

peep wrote:
Just gone to Kisumu and back, by a new bus service "The Guardian". This bus has truly redefined transportation on this route. Hostess, drinks, video, music, aircon - Msa like buses. My only problem is with the hostesses - cute little things who can't assist the driver change a tyre if we got a puncture. After having paid 1,300/- for the experience, I really dont expect to soil my self helping change tyres. On this score, Coast Malo still leads, others follow - the turnboy is a rugged unshaved pal who can even fend off the Tsavo lions, and give me the comfort I need.

first class and puntures, nowonder they need hostesses to keep u busy while they solve their problems. u can as well buy urself the snacks on offer.
Don't wait for the Last Judgment. It happens every day. ~Albert Camus, The Fall, 1956
YesuWangu
#22 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 7:42:21 AM

theslim wrote:
bwenyenye wrote:

Of late I have been seeing a fleet of green Mitsubishi buses calling themselves 'Forward Travellers' I do not know where they ply but I hope they are giving the commuters quality service. Enyewe, watu wameumia sana in the hands of matatus in Nairobi.

....smile smile smile

Those are just the old ruthless kayole matatus.
They've been so painted coz of the new regulations, about every matatu belonging to some sacco. Otherwise its the same shit, different colour!!

Yep. Same old same old. Pray Pray Pray Pray
karqui
#23 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 12:46:06 PM

K22 wrote:
bwenyenye wrote:
I look foward to real change when all matatus of a route shall have one colour, be timed and not go racing. I fondly remember the KBS days.WHen they were green....smile smile smile

Yaani KBS was once green? Yenyewe nimekuja Nai juzi....

Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray
yenyewe people have come from far, tulikuwepo !!!!
simonkabz
#24 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 6:55:40 PM

Jana (sunday nite) boarded an old Coast Liners bus to msa. Two separate tyre bursts interupted my sleep (twice). I want to assume it was just coincidental n not old/substandard tyres. O'wise their nbi offices r filthy n buses a bit old. Thus, join me in declaring the following ranking legitimate on msa route- Modern Coast, Mash, Horizon, Crown, Msa raha, Coastliners, Tahmeed, TSS, Randa, 2NK, Chania special, channia shuttle shuttle, Akamba n lastly, the cheapest, oldest, ugliest popular Maslah! Not sure which is worse btwn Maslah n Akamba.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Ceinz
#25 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 7:30:14 PM

simonkabz wrote:
Jana (sunday nite) boarded an old Coast Liners bus to msa. Two separate tyre bursts interupted my sleep (twice). I want to assume it was just coincidental n not old/substandard tyres. O'wise their nbi offices r filthy n buses a bit old. Thus, join me in declaring the following ranking legitimate on msa route- Modern Coast, Mash, Horizon, Crown, Msa raha, Coastliners, Tahmeed, TSS, Randa, 2NK, Chania special, channia shuttle shuttle, Akamba n lastly, the cheapest, oldest, ugliest popular Maslah! Not sure which is worse btwn Maslah n Akamba.

Where's coast bus, auto bus etc in ur list?Sad
“small step for man”
simonkabz
#26 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 10:21:27 PM

Coastbus= coast liners ltd. Autobus? With only 2buses? Too small, just lyk Imani coaches, vanga, dreamline, royal star n other small timers. Bt surely how can Akamba provide a rumshackle KAP on such a route wakati wengine wana KBP?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Gordon Gekko
#27 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:31:53 AM

simonkabz wrote:
Coastbus= coast liners ltd. Autobus? With only 2buses? Too small, just lyk Imani coaches, vanga, dreamline, royal star n other small timers. Bt surely how can Akamba provide a rumshackle KAP on such a route wakati wengine wana KBP?

The letter A is next to the letter Bsmile smile smile Lakini hiyo Autobus ni moto moto.
leona
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:37:38 PM

bwenyenye wrote:

@ K22

You know KBS was actually owned by the City Council of Nairobi and so took on their colours, yellow and greeen. They looked a little like the City Hoppa colours today. We could take a bus from Eastleigh to town to Otiende all in one bus. Very few buses would truncate their journeys in the CBD. The buses did not have destinations written on them but just numbers. And gues what, they were timed so you knew that the bus will fika at the stage at 7.30 and the next 7.45 and it would actually come then. Hakukuwa na basi kungoja mpaka ijae. Those were good memories for those of us who breathed our first at Pumwani when 'Carlif' was really Carlifornia... Can you believe that we used to go hunting for fruits from trees in this city? Yes there were fruit trees in Nairobi. I could not believe it when one guy tried to sell me Zambarao the other day. I was so shocked, I bought them just for the memory! I feel so old!

@Bwenyenye
Nice story,very nostalgic!

I love the Double M buses, The staff are professional and courteous,and the leg space is perfect for those of us with elongated limbs..
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life
Prime
#29 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 4:17:24 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

The letter A is next to the letter Bsmile smile smile Lakini hiyo Autobus ni moto moto.

Talking of akamba "unleashing" newly painted KAPs. I once travelled in a buscar that had bed bugs! That was one long night! And the last one to travel cheap! Ati saving 200 bob! Ai!
bwenyenye
#30 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 4:28:39 PM

.[/quote]
Talking of akamba "unleashing" newly painted KAPs. I once travelled in a buscar that had bed bugs! That was one long night! And the last one to travel cheap! Ati saving 200 bob! Ai! [/quote]

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly you made my Friday!
I Think Therefore I Am
Dangi
#31 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 12:03:18 PM

simonkabz wrote:
Bt surely how can Akamba provide a rumshackle KAP on such a route wakati wengine wana KBP?

I hate Akamba,with A PASSION Sad Sad i had an experience with them once while travelling from kisumu to nairobi.Imagine the ramshakle of a bus spoilt(mechanical problem) near sachangwan and it was 7pm when actually i had boarded the ramshackle at 1pm Sad then to make matters worse the crew dissapeared in thin air,we had to go to nakuru via an Ngo van since it was now getting late (8pm).we took another mololine from nax to nairobi...Its painfull since when we tried calling the akamba offices,our calls were not answered and when they did (at 8pm) they told us to wait for another bus to come from all the way from nairobi to where we were and it was in the middle of nowhere(calculate distance from nairobi to sachangwan..approx 4 to 5 hrs)

I HATE AKAMBA...Sad WITH A PASSION

Take care of the penny & the shilling will take care of itself
qw25041985
#32 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 12:17:58 PM

Tommy wrote:
peep wrote:
Just gone to Kisumu and back, by a new bus service "The Guardian". This bus has truly redefined transportation on this route. Hostess, drinks, video, music, aircon - Msa like buses. My only problem is with the hostesses - cute little things who can't assist the driver change a tyre if we got a puncture. After having paid 1,300/- for the experience, I really dont expect to soil my self helping change tyres. On this score, Coast Malo still leads, others follow - the turnboy is a rugged unshaved pal who can even fend off the Tsavo lions, and give me the comfort I need.

first class and puntures, nowonder they need hostesses to keep u busy while they solve their problems. u can as well buy urself the snacks on offer.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Your future depends on your dreams so go to sleep !
Njung'e
#33 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 12:59:48 PM

karqui wrote:
Pray Pray
yenyewe people have come from far, tulikuwepo !!!!

They were then referred to as Mbathi cia muthubari....(Municipal buses)
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.