wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Co-op bank system crash?
mlennyma
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:19:27 AM

I have had alot of pain accessing my funds from their atm's.whats happening?who is their provider?where is their public relations?bure kabisa.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Njung'e
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:40:54 AM

HOPELESS.....On Friday,i couldn't access their machines in Naks,Eldie and Bungoma.....had i not enough fuel and good ol'EB "kaba unjurage",i would have slept in the bush....Bwege Kabisa!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Ondiek
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:43:59 AM

Couldn't run the card in Nakumatt Ksm on Friday ABK.
yuleyule
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:49:59 AM

My wife could not travel coz she could not access her money. A call to the bank head office, yielded nothing as whoever I was directed to had no idea of what was happening.
selah
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:55:24 AM

I dont know why KCB do not blow its own horn On its ATM service.Its the best In Kenya currently. YOu can never be stuck, EVER, unless pesa point and kenswitch and MPesa Are Down and I think thats a rarity.

I saw large queues at COOPs atms on friday I thought it was payday for civil servants.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Fyatu
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 10:03:27 AM

I don't like what i have been seeing on richLIVE in the last couple of days as regarding COOP.I now see that i boarded this bus quite late...
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
mlennyma
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:19:24 AM

Its very un-usual for a top officer in co-op to be un-aware of this shit.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
jerry
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 12:02:28 PM

Fyatu wrote:
I don't like what i have been seeing on richLIVE in the last couple of days as regarding COOP.I now see that i boarded this bus quite late...

@Fyatu, I also feel that I entered late but mine is long term. On the ATM issue I used *667# on Wed 02 to load my M-PESA without a hitch. This was after Family mobile banking failed. I was far from the banks(ATMs). On friday I saw a long queue at coop ATM(s) and was discouraged and went to a family bank ATM. Coop mobile has never let me down. However, I don't know about the charges.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
Muthawamunene
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 12:43:35 PM

kumbe am not the only one making losses on this thing.
dasany
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 4:31:11 PM

Talking of Co-Op Bank, my workmate was at her grandfather's funeral arrangement meeting at St. Andrew's Church and lost her hand bag and her sister's handbag as she was watching it for her.

When they realized the bags were missing, she called the emergency number to stop any transactions on her account, but they informed her her account was cleaned out 25 minutes prior to her call and was was in fact overdrawn by Kshs. 2055 from 3 different ATMs. The shocking thing is the bank claims she must have written down her ATM pin and left it in her wallet where the thieves came across it and she swears she has never done that. To cut a long story short the bank refused to take responsibility. She lost her whole salary. On the other hand, her sister who banks with NIC, her account was intact. Is this possible? and what can my workmate do she is so distressed and can Co-Op bank be liable?.
bird_man
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 5:27:19 PM

@dasany....unless you can prove that Coop Bank was negligent.
As per the details given,I don't think that's the case.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Layman
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 1:39:57 PM

@DASANY WACHA POROJO...unless that sister gave out the pin numbers, it would not have been possible to withdraw the cash through any magic, unless the card was used to shop...swiped assuming the ID cards were parked together with the ATM cards. Withdrawing cash was not possible.....