wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Raila - 'Impossible to work with'?
ecstacy
#1 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 9:36:31 AM

According to Wikileaks statements attributed to the incumbent Kenyan head of state 'Kibaki said "I cannot have Odinga in the government. It is impossible to work with him.'

Ref: http://www.wikileaks.ch/...08/01/08NAIROBI239.html

Do you agree with this? Examples are Mr Odinga's history in ODM, the Coalition Govt circus, KANU, NARC etc?
McReggae
#2 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 9:43:10 AM

...the same he said of WR, who is now his Mr. Fix It!!!!
....it boils down to politics brother!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Impunity
#3 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 9:46:47 AM

Ni siasa hii mambo yote.
Ati Kaloozer wanted Bush to sweet talk BAKS out of the 2007 race so that the Wiper becomes the president, in what the "born-again" opportunist called something like "**** mary"
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Impunity
#4 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 9:48:12 AM

Ni siasa hii mambo yote.
Ati Kaloozer wanted Bush to sweet talk BAKS out of the 2007 race so that the Wiper becomes the president, in what the "born-again" opportunist called something like "**** mary"
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Karema Hiti
#5 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 10:07:06 AM

The number of times he has moved from one political party to another is one good indicator that he does not know how to work with other people. In all these instances, there has been violence and blood-letting. RAO does not tolerate different opinions/views nor does he take correction from anyone. What a dangerous profile for an aspiring 'president'?
YesuWangu
#6 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 10:20:10 AM

ecstacy wrote:
According to Wikileaks statements attributed to the incumbent Kenyan head of state 'Kibaki said "I cannot have Odinga in the government. It is impossible to work with him.'

Ref: http://www.wikileaks.ch/...08/01/08NAIROBI239.html

Do you agree with this? Examples are Mr Odinga's history in ODM, the Coalition Govt circus, KANU, NARC etc?

We believe one, we believe all. Why do you think they are silent? They dont want to confirm or deny. Except the vice president who has already told us they are not to be taken seriously. He has broken the rules, and spoilt it for everybody. Now no one should take them seriously.

Choice choice choice too much choice it hurts. Should we believe the vice president? or not?

I say we dont believe him......and go the whole hog. Juicy stuff.......too many eggs on faces.....
ecstacy
#7 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 10:51:44 AM

Karema Hiti wrote:
The number of times he has moved from one political party to another is one good indicator that he does not know how to work with other people. In all these instances, there has been violence and blood-letting. RAO does not tolerate different opinions/views nor does he take correction from anyone. What a dangerous profile for as aspiring 'president'?

Unfortunately away from fake Kalonzo..RAO is appearing bad..no US support, corrupt..double speaker etc...on the ground he sure is turning out to appear dictatorial & one who loves the trappings of State House...Uhuru looking good on Wiki but loosing traction in PR on the ground...
muganda
#8 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 10:52:37 AM

I respect Raila as a man, always admire gutsy populists, and he has it in droves. I've voted for him, though my greatgrandparents share more with Kibaki's grands (my handle is not my real name).

But I must say he strikes me as difficult to work with. You see, most bold opinionated males are likely so. If there heart is in the wrong place, they also make good dictators.

DJ Soxxy
#9 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 11:11:39 AM

I STILL INSIST THAT RAILA IS THE BEST PRESIDENT KENYA HAS NEVER HAD..DICTATOR OR NOT
Karema Hiti
#10 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 11:25:00 AM

DJ Soxxy wrote:
I STILL INSIST THAT RAILA IS THE BEST PRESIDENT KENYA HAS NEVER HAD..DICTATOR OR NOT

I wonder what assessment criteria DJ uses to think that way. Having gone through the dictatorial era of MO1, I would be a worried Kenyan to imagine that another one could be 'constructed' that soon. RAO has been in leadership for over two decade now, but I'm not sure he can pick one project that has been his brainchild. For the period he has been in the corridors of power, you would expect him to have 'educated' his Kibra constituents and the larger Bondo fraternity to embrace development, but this has remained a pipe dream.
mpobiz
#11 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 11:58:25 AM

DJ Soxxy wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
and i hope it remains that way for ever and ever

Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Intelligentsia
#12 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 12:25:35 PM

Really shocked how very senior Kenyans have been payukaring aimlessly to U.S. diplomats and the way they keep throwing that Official Secrets crap at us!
ecstacy
#13 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 12:29:25 PM

Intelligentsia wrote:
Really shocked how very senior Kenyans have been payukaring aimlessly to U.S. diplomats and the way they keep throwing that Official Secrets crap at us!

Exactly. Inadvertently submitting to Ranneburger's role as headmaster of Kenyan politicians.
Paul Kukubo
#14 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 1:17:11 PM

DJ Soxxy wrote:

Dj socks, am Just curious, are you a Jaluo?
muganda
#15 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 1:27:50 PM

Arcebic thread this one...
I actually believe were Obama in Kenya, many of those who take pride in him would never vote for him.

If even in your grave you wouldn't vote for Raila or Martha Karua for that matter, how is it possible to engage in a balanced debate on them? The comments would reek of bias.

If on the other hand you would suffer Kenyatta, Kibaki, Kalonzo, Raila, Karua, or even an Asian, then we can proceed with opposing arguments. At a certain level, politicans are all the same!

Paul Kukubo
#16 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 1:43:45 PM

mpobiz wrote:
DJ Soxxy wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
and i hope it remains that way for ever and ever

Amen.
Why is it that when you call a lake nilote species a Jaluo, he becomes upset. Call a bantu a kikuyu or okuyo and he has no problem with it. hwo can you be ashamed of your mother? Isnt that inferior complex?
oteve
#17 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 1:51:35 PM

If any body doubts raos dictatorial tendencies look at how ruf tuju was driven to oblivion tho he was the best mp in nyanza....
ecstacy
#18 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 10:28:45 AM

In separate remarks, the current Vice-President whilst trying to make a deal with Raila confided to the US that he also finds Raila "difficult".

Ref: http://www.wikileaks.ch/...7/05/07NAIROBI2240.html

Raila is unfortunately being roundly revealed as a man who is a very poor team player despite his football parables.