wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Double M, The new phase of public transportation.
Ceinz
#1 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 9:47:22 AM

Is it only me or has any body realised that these guys are serious with what they do, both business wise and minding of clients welfare. For instance; well kept fleet, working receipt system, road courtesy, fair fares, well kempt staff, u name it.
These guys seem to know what they r doing.
“small step for man”
Impunity
#2 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 9:52:56 AM

Ceinz wrote:
Is it only me or has any body realised that these guys are serious with what they do, both business wise and minding of clients welfare. For instance; well kept fleet, working receipt system, road courtesy, fair fares, well kempt staff, u name it.
These guys seem to know what they r doing.

I dont agree with you entirely, I have seen them overlapping in broad daylight especially in Eastland routes.

This is not what the best public transport should be.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

YesuWangu
#3 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 10:11:45 AM

All things considered, they are above the rest. I prefer them at all times. I would rather miss work if I miss the double m bus.....
bwenyenye
#4 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 10:50:41 AM

I also think these guys have the best service in the city! If that is what Michuki had in mind, then 'useless' is the fellow who let it slide....

Of late I have been seeing a fleet of green Mitsubishi buses calling themselves 'Forward Travellers' I do not know where they ply but I hope they are giving the commuters quality service. Enyewe, watu wameumia sana in the hands of matatus in Nairobi.

I look foward to real change when all matatus of a route shall have one colour, be timed and not go racing. I fondly remember the KBS days.WHen they were green....smile smile smile
I Think Therefore I Am
Jus Blazin
#5 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 11:06:41 AM

Cut above the rest. Always wondered why Buruburu Double M stage would have long queues in the evenings with no Double M bus in sight, and next to it a City Hoppa is almost empty with the touts shouting their voices hoarse, "...weee Buruburu, Mesora mwisho..."
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
annsal
#6 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 11:10:52 AM

bwenyenye wrote:
I also think these guys have the best service in the city! If that is what Michuki had in mind, then 'useless' is the fellow who let it slide....

Of late I have been seeing a fleet of green Mitsubishi buses calling themselves 'Forward Travellers' I do not know where they ply but I hope they are giving the commuters quality service. Enyewe, watu wameumia sana in the hands of matatus in Nairobi.

I look foward to real change when all matatus of a route shall have one colour, be timed and not go racing. I fondly remember the KBS days.WHen they were green....smile smile smile

@ bwenyenye
the green colourful mats are for the Kayole route- they all have same colours and fleet numbers - i wonder if the service is as good .....
God loves a Trier!
K22
#7 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 3:10:29 PM

bwenyenye wrote:

Yaani KBS was once green? Yenyewe nimekuja Nai juzi....

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man
bwenyenye
#8 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 3:28:00 PM

K22 wrote:
bwenyenye wrote:

@ K22

You know KBS was actually owned by the City Council of Nairobi and so took on their colours, yellow and greeen. They looked a little like the City Hoppa colours today. We could take a bus from Eastleigh to town to Otiende all in one bus. Very few buses would truncate their journeys in the CBD. The buses did not have destinations written on them but just numbers. And gues what, they were timed so you knew that the bus will fika at the stage at 7.30 and the next 7.45 and it would actually come then. Hakukuwa na basi kungoja mpaka ijae. Those were good memories for those of us who breathed our first at Pumwani when 'Carlif' was really Carlifornia... Can you believe that we used to go hunting for fruits from trees in this city? Yes there were fruit trees in Nairobi. I could not believe it when one guy tried to sell me Zambarao the other day. I was so shocked, I bought them just for the memory! I feel so old!
I Think Therefore I Am
Ceinz
#9 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 3:46:31 PM

@ Bwenyenye, yap I rem them days wheu u could take a mat from eastlands to Kenyatta.

@ All, of course we can't say that they are perfect, I'm aware of the overlapping cases, but can we compare them with their nearest competitor-city hopper/city shuttle.
Look at their fares, they are fair, clearly displayed and you always get a receipt.
What other standards are we looking for?
“small step for man”
annsal
#10 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 3:51:51 PM

bwenyenye wrote:
K22 wrote:
bwenyenye wrote:

@ K22

You know KBS was actually owned by the City Council of Nairobi and so took on their colours, yellow and greeen. They looked a little like the City Hoppa colours today. We could take a bus from Eastleigh to town to Otiende all in one bus. Very few buses would truncate their journeys in the CBD. The buses did not have destinations written on them but just numbers. And gues what, they were timed so you knew that the bus will fika at the stage at 7.30 and the next 7.45 and it would actually come then. Hakukuwa na basi kungoja mpaka ijae. Those were good memories for those of us who breathed our first at Pumwani when 'Carlif' was really Carlifornia... Can you believe that we used to go hunting for fruits from trees in this city? Yes there were fruit trees in Nairobi. I could not believe it when one guy tried to sell me Zambarao the other day. I was so shocked, I bought them just for the memory! I feel so old!

@ bwenyenye
yeah those were the good old days. dont worry so much much about your age , it aint nothing but a number afterall Old is Gold lest you forget.
God loves a Trier!
annsal
#11 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 3:54:15 PM

Ceinz wrote:
@ Bwenyenye, yap I rem them days wheu u could take a mat from eastlands to Kenyatta.

@ All, of course we can't say that they are perfect, I'm aware of the overlapping cases, but can we compare them with their nearest competitor-city hopper/city shuttle.
Look at their fares, they are fair, clearly displayed and you always get a receipt.
What other standards are we looking for?

there are red/white buses (Rwaken) which ply the umoja route in the evening , they are equally good as double M.wish we could have more of this.
God loves a Trier!
Ceinz
#12 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 3:58:58 PM

annsal wrote:

there are red/white buses (Rwaken) which ply the umoja route in the evening , they are equally good as double M.wish we could have more of this.

Ur right, they are equally good. lets hope that they can increase their fleet and serve more areas in the city.
“small step for man”
theslim
#13 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 5:24:12 PM

bwenyenye wrote:

....smile smile smile

Those are just the old ruthless kayole matatus.
They've been so painted coz of the new regulations, about every matatu belonging to some sacco. Otherwise its the same shit, different colour!!
the early worm is eaten by the early bird
Tommy
#14 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 5:59:36 PM

double m has good service compared to other competitors. the comfort and the attendance of the conductor is good. however, i sometimes doubt the competence of their drivers.
Don't wait for the Last Judgment. It happens every day. ~Albert Camus, The Fall, 1956
fullu fullu
#15 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 10:58:39 PM

They also have some rotten conductors in their midst, i remember one day boarded their vehicle along jogoo road paid my fare but the never issued me any ticket despite several reminders the guy just wished me off till I gave out
Tommy
#16 Posted : Saturday, March 05, 2011 3:15:58 AM

fullu fullu wrote:
They also have some rotten conductors in their midst, i remember one day boarded their vehicle along jogoo road paid my fare but the never issued me any ticket despite several reminders the guy just wished me off till I gave out

this sounds farmiliar. these conductors dont ask for money until u are almost in town. this way u wont bother to ask for the ticket.
Don't wait for the Last Judgment. It happens every day. ~Albert Camus, The Fall, 1956
murenj
#17 Posted : Saturday, March 05, 2011 7:28:44 AM

I was once overcharged by a double M BUSS. Not so funny.

sparkly
#18 Posted : Saturday, March 05, 2011 7:49:14 AM

I can't compare double m with any other mat in nairobi
Life is short. Live passionately.
peep
#19 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2011 5:18:20 PM

Just gone to Kisumu and back, by a new bus service "The Guardian". This bus has truly redefined transportation on this route. Hostess, drinks, video, music, aircon - Msa like buses. My only problem is with the hostesses - cute little things who can't assist the driver change a tyre if we got a puncture. After having paid 1,300/- for the experience, I really dont expect to soil my self helping change tyres. On this score, Coast Malo still leads, others follow - the turnboy is a rugged unshaved pal who can even fend off the Tsavo lions, and give me the comfort I need.
murenj
#20 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2011 11:10:37 PM

peep wrote:
Just gone to Kisumu and back, by a new bus service "The Guardian". This bus has truly redefined transportation on this route. Hostess, drinks, video, music, aircon - Msa like buses. My only problem is with the hostesses - cute little things who can't assist the driver change a tyre if we got a puncture. After having paid 1,300/- for the experience, I really dont expect to soil my self helping change tyres. On this score, Coast Malo still leads, others follow - the turnboy is a rugged unshaved pal who can even fend off the Tsavo lions, and give me the comfort I need.

why should we expect a puncture in the first place? been using easy coach all this time, and no punctures.