wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

UPS/SDV Transami
Djinn
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 2:52:51 PM

Hi. I just want to check with members here if they have had negative experiences with UPS (represented by SDV Transami) when receiving shipments.

My shipment arrived almost two weeks ago and there has been a lot of unclarity regarding what the "documentation" costs refer to - my premise and the person who shipped it, was that it covered the basic IDF (min 5000), KEBS, etc etc costs such that they should do that first, call me and advise me what the VAT and customs costs are, then pay on my behalf and deliver so I can re-imburse them.

Such was my expectation of a courier company that charges almost 30% more than other options. Door to door service.

So 14 days later, and with so much technology at their disposal (phone, fax, email), it has taken me about 47 emails and 13 days to follow this up....and I still have no shipment.

At some point IDF costs were misquoted and the whole handling has been really below par - dealing with people as sharp as marbles....

There is someone on Wazua who said he has a container coming in every month - I tried to contact him by email to enquire - but no avail. Instead of forking out nearly Kshs 50,000 to UPS, I am sure we could have struck a good deal...

Anyone ever deal with UPS? Anyone who has not, perhaps this should serve as a caveat

UPS - Undeniably Pathetic Service

Djinn
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 3:21:29 PM

Apparently its not just me chagrined at their "corporate culture"

http://www.complaintsboa...plaints/ups-c10313.html

http://ups.pissedconsumer.com/

Djinn
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 3:44:37 PM

On their website they have this:

Customs Brokerage Services

Shipments Cleared Faster, Easier, and with Less Hassle
Whether you're shipping in or out of the country, our experience and technology will get your shipments cleared.

UPS Customs Brokerage for Package Shipments
At UPS, we process hundreds of thousands of international packages on a daily basis, and virtually all are cleared immediately. With brokerage facilities in all the top world markets (representing 76% of all international trade), we cover the global trading centres where you do business with consistency, reliability, and flexibility.

The benefits associated with UPS Customs Brokerage Services include:

Electronic customs clearance that begins while your shipments are still in flight
Really? Why is my shipment still there 14 days later?
Expert brokers to handle all complexities and ensure accurate rating of duties and taxes
OK, do not make me laugh - whoever is handling my shipment can barely spell, let alone COMMUNICATE...
Use of our advanced online tracking application to monitor your shipment throughout its journey
They mark a shipment as delivered after calling you you to say it has arrived. True. My supplier initially suspected I had received it hassle free. But they still mark it as delivered including the receiver's name!!!! Shame on you
Routine customs clearance automatically included in all UPS air service rates (where applicable)
It WAS applicable in this case!!!!

In addition to speedy customs clearance for your everyday international shipments, we offer the expertise and depth of resources needed to help you transport goods that require special treatment in customs at little or no additional charge. The services include:

Clearing formal entries
Clearing live entries
Facilitating temporary import bonds
Coordinating duty drawbacks
Preparing export declarations

What a crock of shit! Or is it SDV Transami (UPS' contractor) not upholding UPS obligations and seeking to profiteer?