wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

British Airways grounds planes on US-UK route due to infestation by BEDBUGS
jaggernaut
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 27, 2011 12:09:14 PM

British Airways grounded two jumbo jets after a passenger complained of being badly bitten by bed bugs during two separate long-haul flights.

A businesswoman, travelling on premium class, revealed her body was ‘crawling’ with bugs and ‘left covered with 90 bites’ and 'splattered with blood' during a ten-hour transatlantic flight from Los Angeles to London Heathrow in January.

BA confirmed bugs had been found on the LA to Heathrow plane, which was then fumigated before being put back into service.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co....bites.html#ixzz1F9EWc2Qw
jaggernaut
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 27, 2011 12:16:09 PM

Maybe Kenyan authorities should demand that BA planes are sprayed before leaving Heathrow for Nairobi.
VituVingiSana
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 27, 2011 8:53:08 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
Maybe Kenyan authorities should demand that BA planes are sprayed before leaving Heathrow for Nairobi.
YES... I agree!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mpobiz
#4 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 12:56:28 AM

there is a worlwide epidemic /plague this things.
i had read this in yahoo. i can also confirm this by giving you two of my own eye witness accounts.
all of this happened in last month.
1- i was at a petro station. i had stepped out of the car when a newspaper vendor approached and sold me a gazeti..luckily i started to peruse ..and on the third page PAP!!!..two bugs crowled from the inside "na hii nini?.. kwani hizi gazeti zimelala wapi?" i demanded another issue which i checked it out page by page before i could get into the car..
if you buy your gazeti kwa jamm be ware!!
2- a friend had asked me to pick her from hapo junction of kiambu thika road ,she was from kiambu DC office. i had asked her to run some errands for me and in the documents she was currying PAP!! the bug escaped into the car.i am now living in fear but so far there is no singn of this things.i think its because this bugs are dead(i sprayed a whole can of doom in the car)or they shun daylight and only come out at night after i have gone.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Ms Mkenya
#5 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 10:00:56 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:
YES... I agree!

I also agree..
....above all, to stand.
Ms Mkenya
#6 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 10:02:41 AM

@Mpobiz, that is so weird!!! And scary! I have not seen a bedbug since a trip we had to a camp when i was in Std 7...
....above all, to stand.
pessa
#7 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 10:16:36 AM

typical British..panic and over exageration..look at last month during the winter problem. Funny guys