Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<345
Now Kibaki cancels the judicial nominations
Ngalaka
#81 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:27:14 AM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Kenyan Kop wrote:
This is how it went down.

Raila was meant to call press conference at (3:30pm) and demand for a snap election after certain conditions were put in place. (read boundaries and electoral commission etc)

Mwai Kibaki is briefed of this position by UK, WR and Abdikadir Mohammed. The PNU brigade and ODM rebels call a for PG meeting. 120 MPs in total attend the PG at Panafric. They adjourn for lunch and agree to meet at KICC where they were to preempt RO's move.

At about 2:30pm the team assembles at KICC where Abdikadir Mohammed makes a presentation before Kibaki and 120MPs on way out of stalemate. He proposes that CJ position be advertised via JSC. President okays move.

NB. Uhuru is the bugger who came up with the master plan.

Abdikadir then advices that the President considers advertising all positions through PSC.(at least for DPP and CoB) He agrees.

Next thing Press conference and the news is broken to the public.

So what informed Baks, UK, WR to change tack? strategy my friends, strategy.

Later I will reveal what this strategy entails. (remember the smiles of UK and WR)

at 3:45pm RO is caught off-guard and changes tact. No time to react strategically and faults advertisements using Public Service Commission. Remember PSC is the team that advertised for CIC and Revenue Allocation Commissioners.

Lol Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I admire your resilience, if you consider yeasterdays debacle as some strategy (winning!!!), then I would hate to see when PNU loses something. BAKS was cornered, plucked and cooked by the power of the new constitution. Deal with it my friend, long gone are the days of doing things in the dark.

Ever heard of tactical retreat and restrategising!
If the Kibaki brigade opt to play ball properly, then it wont be a case of missed toilets and carpets, but cars and other utility.
But thats unnecessary, only that Raila seems to suffer serious Myopia.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
alikujia
#82 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 12:51:11 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Kenyan Kop wrote:
This is how it went down.

Raila was meant to call press conference at (3:30pm) and demand for a snap election after certain conditions were put in place. (read boundaries and electoral commission etc)

Mwai Kibaki is briefed of this position by UK, WR and Abdikadir Mohammed. The PNU brigade and ODM rebels call a for PG meeting. 120 MPs in total attend the PG at Panafric. They adjourn for lunch and agree to meet at KICC where they were to preempt RO's move.

At about 2:30pm the team assembles at KICC where Abdikadir Mohammed makes a presentation before Kibaki and 120MPs on way out of stalemate. He proposes that CJ position be advertised via JSC. President okays move.

NB. Uhuru is the bugger who came up with the master plan.

Abdikadir then advices that the President considers advertising all positions through PSC.(at least for DPP and CoB) He agrees.

Next thing Press conference and the news is broken to the public.

So what informed Baks, UK, WR to change tack? strategy my friends, strategy.

Later I will reveal what this strategy entails. (remember the smiles of UK and WR)

at 3:45pm RO is caught off-guard and changes tact. No time to react strategically and faults advertisements using Public Service Commission. Remember PSC is the team that advertised for CIC and Revenue Allocation Commissioners.

Lol Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I admire your resilience, if you consider yeasterdays debacle as some strategy (winning!!!), then I would hate to see when PNU loses something. BAKS was cornered, plucked and cooked by the power of the new constitution. Deal with it my friend, long gone are the days of doing things in the dark.

Iam loving these!. Bring more, guys-just no going very dirty.

But @Obi, what other strategy was available to baks when the courts was going to whack him thoroughly on the face. by the way was wondering who is representing baks in the case since the AG has said he's on the other side. Guys dont seem to realise this was going to be really messy!

But @Kop, dont think these politicians are that superior intelligent and strategic.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#83 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 2:09:23 PM

alikujia wrote:
[quote=Obi 1 Kanobi][quote=Kenyan Kop]This is how it went down.

But @Obi, what other strategy was available to baks when the courts was going to whack him thoroughly on the face. by the way was wondering who is representing baks in the case since the AG has said he's on the other side. Guys dont seem to realise this was going to be really messy!

But @Kop, dont think these politicians are that superior intelligent and strategic.

By the way, I am not looking at the whole issue as some political competition, my interest is simply that everyone follows the law, when the constitution wins then I am very happy.

@Alikujua, my point is that these was not some tactical withdrawal, it was a complete beat down of Baks leading to his tucking tail and heading for the hills to lick his wounds. He lost this battle and will lose the war against the new constitution.

I don't care who wins his perceived political(or domestic) war with RAO, let them fight to the death as long as they don't intrude on our beloved constitution.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Kenyan Kop
#84 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 2:59:40 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
alikujia wrote:
[quote=Obi 1 Kanobi][quote=Kenyan Kop]This is how it went down.

By the way, I am not looking at the whole issue as some political competition, my interest is simply that everyone follows the law, when the constitution wins then I am very happy.

@Alikujua, my point is that these was not some tactical withdrawal, it was a complete beat down of Baks leading to his tucking tail and heading for the hills to lick his wounds. He lost this battle and will lose the war against the new constitution.

I don't care who wins his perceived political(or domestic) war with RAO, let them fight to the death as long as they don't intrude on our beloved constitution.

Time will tell.
kivairu
#85 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:44:27 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!

MK and his mis-advisors must have sensed that the jilted judiciary would have no sympathy for them (hint; Amos Wako and Gicheru stance) and so they decided to tuck tail and run for the hills.

I sense some kind of cold rebelion amongst Kenyans from all walks of life, the judiciary must be planning to send the message that "intepreting the law is their tuff, and not the state house's"

If I was a politician, i would take time to read the constitution very carefully. The game has changed in a major way in this country.

PS. If I were Ruto, I would be really worried about the Ngong forest case, he could be staring at a very very long battle with the system.

baks and his advisors need more civic education on the new constitution.They should be hearded into a corner somewhere for some crush course on the new katiba.In this class should be all water melons...i sadly think baks voted no....i could be wrong.Disapprove me off this notion(9marks)

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein.
Fundaah
#86 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:39:48 PM

If was Kibaki....I would sack all my advisors....I would work closely with RAO to secure a lasting legacy.....Its the advisors who put Kibaki in such an embarrassing position......And I hear WR is one of his closest advisors ....rumors have it that WR enjoys privileges that even many ministers dont get at the state house.....

Unfortunately we have a new constitution in operation and a well enlightened populace......the lords of impunity have no place

Bado niko ...watching from the sidelines .....since the passing of the new constitution...

I was sure that this was a good document ....and it will take us to greater heights
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
poundfoolish
#87 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:06:37 PM

ati WR advicing MK???

then i like the adviser who told MK to give the young man an unlimited gatepass

inaitwa kutumiana vilivyo... Believe you me.. there is quite some good brains in Kibakis ikulu.. problem is the young blood he now has to protect and the old arrogant elites
theman192000
#88 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:21:57 PM

I'm really encouraged by the arguments presented by Obi 1 Kanobi, Kivairu and Fundaah. Kenya is headed towards those for or against the katiba; away from where you were born, or the party you support, etc.

One day we may hear "Ningeomba katiba...."
poundfoolish
#89 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:25:51 PM

2 Miles wrote:
Kibaki decided to let parliament decide the fate of nominees-after meeting the PM. And what did parliament decide???
Then it was to the constitutional court. And before even the proceedings go very far, the AG - who should be his legal advisor , says the nominations were improper.
Clearly he was fried!!!! I hear people talking of a strategy. What strategy????????? Its called eating humble pie.

But again , its not good to be excited this early.

These guys were ready to fight to the wire. All of a sudden they back down. Just like that. Infact, the PM has always been reconciliatory. But these guys ( read WR & UK ) were ready for battle. But yesterday they were clapping and smiling- like celebrating victory. Somethings not ok! And some nominations will be done via the PSC. Just have a look at the PSC commissioners. Somethings not ok! Then all these nominations have to go thro parliament. I thnk the baks camp has the no.(s)there. Somethings not ok!

Well , am not a political pundit. Anyone who can give further insight. KUNA KITU KAMA SAMAKI!!

if this guys are now strategists as is now being chest thumped.. i think they are the best..

they take a long defeatist political route to land this thing onto the PSC JSC table where they have numbers...
then two hours after their new strategy, Everybody knows about it..

within minutes of the press release..somebody on twitter was already asking who are on the PSC and JSC

Some strategy!!!

sometimes...most times.. it hurts being a PNU follower..

truth be told... the west pressed their 'magical buttons'

Who here knows what SANCTIONS ARE? all this politicians have ties, deep business ties with the west.
For example.. a good sanction can block all those good lawyers from rep. you at the hague
A good sanction makes sure at a phone call notice Barclays, Stanchart, Swiss Banks block ur accounts.. and if u transfer it to Equity Bank, Helios and the likes pull out PAP!!!

A good sanction means no exporting ur products anywhere....

If i were to advice the prezzy and co..id just tell them to leave this RAO fella to politic all he can...but keep an eye on the goal mouth..cos we all know what he wants.. ikifika kura... Rigging PAP!!!! but in a smarter way...M7 way...
tajiri
#90 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:03:15 PM

@poundfoolish.. Am surprised that you still advocate rigging yet you know what that could do. But as your name suggests.. You must advocate the comedy of African democracy and selective justice. No wonder africa is a dark continent. Poverty, disease and injustice will never end.
kadonye
#91 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:35:13 PM

@fundaah et al, I hate to disappoint you but this katiba has a lot of poison in it. We will have crisis upon crisis for quite some time. The spirit is good but the wajuaji who gave us the draft did a shoddy job in drafting it! Let lawyers make money now in endless litigation.
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
si_cheki_ovyo_ovyo
#92 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:34:45 AM

kadonye wrote:
@fundaah et al, I hate to disappoint you but this katiba has a lot of poison in it. We will have crisis upon crisis for quite some time. The spirit is good but the wajuaji who gave us the draft did a shoddy job in drafting it! Let lawyers make money now in endless litigation.

Absolutely. It has quite a lot of poison. So happens Kenya needs to eradicate some vermin that has infested us for a long time. Of course the lawyers who defend the vermin will also want to make money from the vermin. Its good the judiciary has adjusted to the katiba. Next is the executive and the legislature and all vermin will be dead.
2 Miles
#93 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:04:48 AM

@ poundfoolish , your comments are a bit dangerous
kadonye
#94 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:06:53 AM

@Sicheki, poison for us. Any unclear provision can be used by a politician to his advantage. Baks just played with an unclear provision. Next yr parliament will play with some unclear provisions and extend its term.
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing