wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<2345>
Now Kibaki cancels the judicial nominations
myson
#61 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:19:13 PM

I hear the PM has protested that he was not consulted by the president before the president decided to withdraw his earlier stand smile
Jus Blazin
#62 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:32:16 PM

Kenyan Kop wrote:

at 3:45pm RO is caught off-guard and changes tact. No time to react strategically and faults advertisements using Public Service Commission. Remember PSC is the team that advertised for CIC and Revenue Allocation Commissioners.

So why doesnt he trust PSCs input in the DPP and CoB?
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Kenyan Kop
#63 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:35:53 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
Kenyan Kop wrote:

at 3:45pm RO is caught off-guard and changes tact. No time to react strategically and faults advertisements using Public Service Commission. Remember PSC is the team that advertised for CIC and Revenue Allocation Commissioners.

So why doesnt he trust PSCs input in the DPP and CoB?

Good question.
phantom
#64 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:58:39 PM

myson wrote:
I hear the PM has protested that he was not consulted by the president before the president decided to withdraw his earlier stand smile

hehehe gud one
Your boss's job is to give you a job. Its your job to make yourself rich
muganda
#65 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:52:06 AM

Anatomy of a withdrawal - Why Kibaki withdrew list of nominees...
http://m.standardmedia.co.ke/headlines.php?id=2000029812

-JSC states nominations are unconstitutional
-Private sector/Media owners ask for names to be withdrawn
-Minister of Justice wondered aloud why his advise was ignored

-European and US envoys introduce pressure
-Kofi Annan appeals for common sense
-Government's own AG says his client is guilty
-Constitutional Implementation Commission asks Court of Appeal to give interpretetion
-Raila sustains reconciliatory statements casting President/PNU as agressors

-Hardliners advice president to backtrack
-And only as a last consideration, the people of Kenya were against it
innairobi
#66 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 8:56:43 AM

In other news making headlines, the PSC has suddenly become unconstitutional. Hehehe
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
ecstacy
#67 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:15:28 AM

I think it's time a performance appraisal was done on the Cabinet Ministers and the Principals. Seriously, when do some actually work? Permanent opposition from within.
theman192000
#68 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:42:58 AM

Kenyan Kop wrote:
This is how it went down.

Raila was meant to call press conference at (3:30pm) and demand for a snap election after certain conditions were put in place. (read boundaries and electoral commission etc)

Mwai Kibaki is briefed of this position by UK, WR and Abdikadir Mohammed. The PNU brigade and ODM rebels call a for PG meeting. 120 MPs in total attend the PG at Panafric. They adjourn for lunch and agree to meet at KICC where they were to preempt RO's move.

At about 2:30pm the team assembles at KICC where Abdikadir Mohammed makes a presentation before Kibaki and 120MPs on way out of stalemate. He proposes that CJ position be advertised via JSC. President okays move.

NB. Uhuru is the bugger who came up with the master plan.

Abdikadir then advices that the President considers advertising all positions through PSC.(at least for DPP and CoB) He agrees.

Next thing Press conference and the news is broken to the public.

So what informed Baks, UK, WR to change tack? strategy my friends, strategy.

Later I will reveal what this strategy entails. (remember the smiles of UK and WR)

Daily Nation says otherwise.

http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/3nbfjqz/-/index.html

Looks like WR is the master strategist after all.
Kenyan Kop
#69 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:27:53 AM

theman192000 wrote:
Kenyan Kop wrote:

Raila was meant to call press conference at (3:30pm) and demand for a snap election after certain conditions were put in place. (read boundaries and electoral commission etc)

Mwai Kibaki is briefed of this position by UK, WR and Abdikadir Mohammed. The PNU brigade and ODM rebels call a for PG meeting. 120 MPs in total attend the PG at Panafric. They adjourn for lunch and agree to meet at KICC where they were to preempt RO's move.

At about 2:30pm the team assembles at KICC where Abdikadir Mohammed makes a presentation before Kibaki and 120MPs on way out of stalemate. He proposes that CJ position be advertised via JSC. President okays move.

Abdikadir then advices that the President considers advertising all positions through PSC.(at least for DPP and CoB) He agrees.

Later I will reveal what this strategy entails. (remember the smiles of UK and WR)

Daily Nation says otherwise.

http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/3nbfjqz/-/index.html

Looks like WR is the master strategist after all.

theman 192000 daily nation got the headline wrong.
Kenyan Kop
#70 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:39:11 AM

Next battle front. The Public Service Commission. The madness continues.
2 Miles
#71 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:49:56 AM

Kibaki decided to let parliament decide the fate of nominees-after meeting the PM. And what did parliament decide???
Then it was to the constitutional court. And before even the proceedings go very far, the AG - who should be his legal advisor , says the nominations were improper.
Clearly he was fried!!!! I hear people talking of a strategy. What strategy????????? Its called eating humble pie.

But again , its not good to be excited this early.

These guys were ready to fight to the wire. All of a sudden they back down. Just like that. Infact, the PM has always been reconciliatory. But these guys ( read WR & UK ) were ready for battle. But yesterday they were clapping and smiling- like celebrating victory. Somethings not ok! And some nominations will be done via the PSC. Just have a look at the PSC commissioners. Somethings not ok! Then all these nominations have to go thro parliament. I thnk the baks camp has the no.(s)there. Somethings not ok!

Well , am not a political pundit. Anyone who can give further insight. KUNA KITU KAMA SAMAKI!!
QD
#72 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:51:59 AM

This eint over yet the battle is now with the gloves as RO claims PSC not constituted as per the new constitution.

On another note what with the Israelis in town??? anyone who nows!
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence
kingfisher
#73 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:00:17 AM

2 Miles wrote:
Kibaki decided to let parliament decide the fate of nominees-after meeting the PM. And what did parliament decide???
Then it was to the constitutional court. And before even the proceedings go very far, the AG - who should be his legal advisor , says the nominations were improper.
Clearly he was fried!!!! I hear people talking of a strategy. What strategy????????? Its called eating humble pie.

These guys were ready to fight to the wire. All of a sudden they back down. Just like that. Infact, the PM has always been reconciliatory. But these guys ( read WR & UK ) were ready for battle. But yesterday they were clapping and smiling- like celebrating victory. Somethings not ok! And some nominations will be done via the PSC. Just have a look at the PSC commissioners. Somethings not ok! Then all these nominations have to go thro parliament. I thnk the baks camp has the no.(s)there. Somethings not ok!

Well , am not a political pundit. Anyone who can give further insight. KUNA KITU KAMA SAMAKI!!

Why are you saying something not ok?? Why has PSC suddenly become a bad outfit?? Just the other day it did a wonderful job in recruiting members of the RAC and CIC. How come now its being looked at differently?? Lets be objective here and let the PSC do their job, otherwise we will be erecting unnecessary bumps on a road that appears now to be "smoothening" out.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
ecstacy
#74 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:01:11 AM

2 Miles wrote:

You are onto something...
Wendz
#75 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:02:40 AM

have you noted lately, whenever we have one group demonstrating - say a PNU/ODM side, we always get another spoiler from the other side? Am finding this totally childish! Yaani, these guys who go wakipayuka payuka, are they paid for it? i dont see how else someone can leave some productive work that feeds him/her to go chanting aimlessly on the streets? They cant be doing this for free, can they?
ecstacy
#76 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:06:38 AM

kingfisher wrote:
2 Miles wrote:

Why are you saying something not ok?? Why has PSC suddenly become a bad outfit?? Just the other day it did a wonderful job in recruiting members of the RAC and CIC. How come now its being looked at differently?? Lets be objective here and let the PSC do their job, otherwise we will be erecting unnecessary bumps on a road that appears now to be "smoothening" out.

@Kingfisher - Raila amesema. It's only a problem when he says it is otherwise die in wool supporters are OK. On the other hand, if PNU or ODM wanted a manipulated result, what avenue is left? This is where precedent comes in, your opine is balanced..
McReggae
#77 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:07:57 AM

Wendz wrote:
have you noted lately, whenever we have one group demonstrating - say a PNU/ODM side, we always get another spoiler from the other side? Am finding this totally childish! Yaani, these guys who go wakipayuka payuka, are they paid for it? i dont see how else someone can leave some productive work that feeds him/her to go chanting aimlessly on the streets? They cant be doing this for free, can they?

......is there one going on today???
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Obi 1 Kanobi
#78 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:10:08 AM

Kenyan Kop wrote:

Lol Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I admire your resilience, if you consider yeasterdays debacle as some strategy (winning!!!), then I would hate to see when PNU loses something. BAKS was cornered, plucked and cooked by the power of the new constitution. Deal with it my friend, long gone are the days of doing things in the dark.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Kenyan Kop
#79 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:18:47 AM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Kenyan Kop wrote:

Lol Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I admire your resilience, if you consider yeasterdays debacle as some strategy (winning!!!), then I would hate to see when PNU loses something. BAKS was cornered, plucked and cooked by the power of the new constitution. Deal with it my friend, long gone are the days of doing things in the dark.

@Obi watch and learn my friend watch and learn.
Ngalaka
#80 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:22:33 AM

QD wrote:
This eint over yet the battle is now with the gloves as RO claims PSC not constituted as per the new constitution.

On another note what with the Israelis in town??? anyone who nows!

Very telling!!!!
I heard stories of Whitesands "guests" and hasty change of Hotels!!
God forbid!
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu