wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<12345>
Now Kibaki cancels the judicial nominations
Gordon Gekko
#41 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:25:56 PM

McReggae wrote:
President Kibaki withdraws names of four nominees to key state positions in the face of strong opposition. Three positions to be re-advertised and filled through Public Service Commission. Judicial Service Commission to have role in replacing Chief Justice.

re-advertised means that they had previously been advertised. Was this the case?
innairobi
#42 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:27:49 PM

Battle heads back to parliament. Names will likely be approved and rejected based on perceived allegiance of nominees (in Kenyan parlance, allegiance = ethnicity).
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
kingfisher
#43 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:31:35 PM

innairobi wrote:
Battle heads back to parliament. Names will likely be approved and rejected based on perceived allegiance of nominees (in Kenyan parlance, allegiance = ethnicity).

Wewe kweli ni girafe!! Bando ni mapambano mapambano!!
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
Wendz
#44 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:32:59 PM

TAZ wrote:
Wendz wrote:
I cant wait to see WR and UK's faces hahahahahahahahahahahaha....... they will be blue!!!

Kenyans should be celebrating.... at least there is a chance of giving the job to a common mwananchi..... slim as it may be... but at least it is there. Sycophants are free to be sad...

They were all right behind MK when he was reading his speech, which really makes me question the motive of this move.

Eh? Eh?
Jus Blazin
#45 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:38:26 PM

Wendz wrote:
I cant wait to see WR and UK's faces hahahahahahahahahahahaha....... they will be blue!!!

Kenyans should be celebrating.... at least there is a chance of giving the job to a common mwananchi..... slim as it may be... but at least it is there. Sycophants are free to be sad...

@Wendz, WR and UK were there at the Prezzo's briefing and they were smilling ear to ear. Something could be brewing hapa...
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
McReggae
#46 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:42:17 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
Wendz wrote:

@Wendz, WR and UK were there at the Prezzo's briefing and they were smilling ear to ear. Something could be brewing hapa...

Smile could be because, PSC simply means Kibaki nominees,

what they fear is the JSC!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
raszag
#47 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:43:55 PM

McReggae wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
McReggae wrote:
cnn wrote:
RAO...the PSC not properly constituted, a panel of experts should do the vetting.

sasa hii imetoka waphi???

RAOs press briefing that is currently going on.

...hehehe, yaani amesema panel of experts, if true then ours is a real comedy!!!!

Yap..It's really a COMEDY..RAO says the Current Public Service Commission hasn't been re-constituted in line with the new katiba hence it should play a secretarial role to a Panel of Experts who should interview potential appointees to the positions of DPP and Control of budget.....ODM and PNU Mpigs have been given another 'life-line' to attack each other....The comedy continues.....This COALITION Gava is really in a COALITION...
Hardwork, Smartness & Humility = Successful and Happy life...Jipange sasa hivi
nostoppingthis
#48 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:45:46 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
Wendz wrote:

The JSC/PSC will probably be bak's men...that could explain the smiling faces of WR/UK...time will tell
Obi 1 Kanobi
#49 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:47:25 PM

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!

MK and his mis-advisors must have sensed that the jilted judiciary would have no sympathy for them (hint; Amos Wako and Gicheru stance) and so they decided to tuck tail and run for the hills.

I sense some kind of cold rebelion amongst Kenyans from all walks of life, the judiciary must be planning to send the message that "intepreting the law is their tuff, and not the state house's"

If I was a politician, i would take time to read the constitution very carefully. The game has changed in a major way in this country.

PS. If I were Ruto, I would be really worried about the Ngong forest case, he could be staring at a very very long battle with the system.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Jus Blazin
#50 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:56:06 PM

More drama in the offing kweli. And like RAO just said in his press briefing, politiccs is a game of adversaries. Kweli, bado mapambano.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Obi 1 Kanobi
#51 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:57:38 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Wendz wrote:

The JSC/PSC will probably be bak's men...that could explain the smiling faces of WR/UK...time will tell

I think the season of "Baks men" or "RAO men" is finished, Gicheru was a BAKs man but he did not support him, the implementation committee, JSC and even the KACA all seem to have lives of their own.
This is largely due to Baks laid back nature which implies he will never instruct anyone to do anything directly. I don't think the people in this positions will listen to anything from any of BAKs dogs, so it does not matter. Lets move on
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Jangwa la Jangili
#52 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:59:29 PM

One word - DEAFENING - best describes the silence of the Committee of Experts throughout this kizungumkuti.

Wapi all these folks who always have an opinion on something even if its the village chicken thief? Akina Njoki Ndungu, Atsango Chesoni, Dr. Aukot. Hata mmoja jameni?

No prizes for guessing why.
Katika Jangwa la Jangili ndipo Pwagu hupata Pwaguzi.
Tommy
#53 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:07:28 PM

this drama aint over until the coalition gov. term ends.
Don't wait for the Last Judgment. It happens every day. ~Albert Camus, The Fall, 1956
Obi 1 Kanobi
#54 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:09:19 PM

Jangwa la Jangili wrote:
One word - DEAFENING - best describes the silence of the Committee of Experts throughout this kizungumkuti.

Wapi all these folks who always have an opinion on something even if its the village chicken thief? Akina Njoki Ndungu, Atsango Chesoni, Dr. Aukot. Hata mmoja jameni?

Wee wacha, and move on, what did you want them to say, thank God they said nothing, we had the able intepretation by the likes of UK, Ruto (who did not support the constitutionLaughing out loudly ) and the other rent a quote politicians who paid others to do for them the language proficiency tests.
Jangwa la Jangili
#55 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:22:29 PM

Have nothing against them man.

Just that it is strange when everybody from makangas and jua kali artisans to civil society and the usual political sycophants is somewhat somehow interpreting the constitution, the folks that spearheaded it's drafting retreat to the background.

After all, if the issues were so black and white, what's there to fear? Fungua roho. Ongea.

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Jangwa la Jangili wrote:

Wee wacha, and move on, what did you want them to say, thank God they said nothing, we had the able intepretation by the likes of UK, Ruto (who did not support the constitutionLaughing out loudly ) and the other rent a quote politicians who paid others to do for them the language proficiency tests.

Katika Jangwa la Jangili ndipo Pwagu hupata Pwaguzi.
kadonye
#56 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:32:46 PM

Jangwa la Jangili wrote:

The Committee of Expert Quacks better keep their mouths shut! Kazi yao ilikuwa fake and hurriedly rushed through document with many visible holes. ABK!
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
YesuWangu
#57 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:53:58 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
Wendz wrote:

their smiling is meant to make you think they are up to something. Just like they smiled while accepting defeat in 2002. They have nothing. And the committee of experts no longer exist. They are gone and can only speak as individuals and you cant force a private citizen to make known his or her mind. Apparently that is not common knowledge to some.
Kenyan Kop
#58 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:26:13 PM

This is how it went down.

Raila was meant to call press conference at (3:30pm) and demand for a snap election after certain conditions were put in place. (read boundaries and electoral commission etc)

Mwai Kibaki is briefed of this position by UK, WR and Abdikadir Mohammed. The PNU brigade and ODM rebels call a for PG meeting. 120 MPs in total attend the PG at Panafric. They adjourn for lunch and agree to meet at KICC where they were to preempt RO's move.

At about 2:30pm the team assembles at KICC where Abdikadir Mohammed makes a presentation before Kibaki and 120MPs on way out of stalemate. He proposes that CJ position be advertised via JSC. President okays move.

NB. Uhuru is the bugger who came up with the master plan.

Abdikadir then advices that the President considers advertising all positions through PSC.(at least for DPP and CoB) He agrees.

Next thing Press conference and the news is broken to the public.

So what informed Baks, UK, WR to change tack? strategy my friends, strategy.

Later I will reveal what this strategy entails. (remember the smiles of UK and WR)

at 3:45pm RO is caught off-guard and changes tact. No time to react strategically and faults advertisements using Public Service Commission. Remember PSC is the team that advertised for CIC and Revenue Allocation Commissioners.

McReggae
#59 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:32:24 PM

Kenyan Kop wrote:
This is how it went down.

Raila was meant to call press conference at (3:30pm) and demand for a snap election after certain conditions were put in place. (read boundaries and electoral commission etc)

Mwai Kibaki is briefed of this position by UK, WR and Abdikadir Mohammed. The PNU brigade and ODM rebels call a for PG meeting. 120 MPs in total attend the PG at Panafric. They adjourn for lunch and agree to meet at KICC where they were to preempt RO's move.

At about 2:30pm the team assembles at KICC where Abdikadir Mohammed makes a presentation before Kibaki and 120MPs on way out of stalemate. He proposes that CJ position be advertised via JSC. President okays move.

NB. Uhuru is the bugger who came up with the master plan.

Abdikadir then advices that the President considers advertising all positions through PSC.(at least for DPP and CoB) He agrees.

Next thing Press conference and the news is broken to the public.

So what informed Baks, UK, WR to change tack? strategy my friends, strategy.

Later I will reveal what this strategy entails. (remember the smiles of UK and WR)

at 3:45pm RO is caught off-guard and changes tact. No time to react strategically and faults advertisements using Public Service Commission. Remember PSC is the team that advertised for CIC and Revenue Allocation Commissioners.

Wat they call ABK!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
kadonye
#60 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:18:15 PM

CIC to move to court to seek an interpretation of the appointmentment clauses. Now this is leadership!
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing