wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
Now Kibaki cancels the judicial nominations
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:38:37 PM

ecstacy wrote:
some brakes to the NSE sale orders...

Quite a sad day at the stocks it was. But the saying it's normally darkest just before dawn does apply!
God bless Kenya!
@SufficientlyP
Jus Blazin
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:42:34 PM

Impunity wrote:
What has RAO said?
Anything credible? substantial?

Bado hajaongea. We are still waiting.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Jus Blazin
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:44:09 PM

FundamentAli wrote:
Kudos,

The President and PM will only have to agree on AG. Every other appointment is through the new order. The transitional clauses have been trashed as we can say.

They were supposed to consult on 4 positions. Now MK will invite RAO on consultations on 1 position. Talk about pulling a fast one.
si_cheki_ovyo_ovyo
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:49:10 PM

Wendz wrote:
McReggae wrote:
President Kibaki withdraws names of four nominees to key state positions in the face of strong opposition. Three positions to be re-advertised and filled through Public Service Commission. Judicial Service Commission to have role in replacing Chief Justice.

what was he waiting for? kengele? I believe the constitutional court judges have told him the thing was unconstitutional and instead of waiting for embarrassment, he opted to "jump the gun". otherwise, what has changed in his stand these few days since the last press conference?...

Shall we hope that he will no longer be taking advise from those who got him here in the first place?

They should just slither away and leave kenya alone.
FundamentAli
#25 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:54:15 PM

MK has now left his approach and taken the stand of civil society and decided to do things their way. I had said in an earlier post that RAO approach and Civil Socity approach are diferent and opposing. RAO's group did not have the court as an option but political arm twising. RAO could not have filed a suit jointly with the civil society. Let us now wait and see RAO reactions to this.
Robinhood
#26 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:54:36 PM

I see RAO's men frantically revising a speech...
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
McReggae
#27 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:54:59 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
FundamentAli wrote:
Kudos,

The President and PM will only have to agree on AG. Every other appointment is through the new order. The transitional clauses have been trashed as we can say.

They were supposed to consult on 4 positions. Now MK will invite RAO on consultations on 1 position. Talk about pulling a fast one.

talk of psycophancy, seing victory even where your man is badly bruised....lol!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
kingfisher
#28 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:59:52 PM

Have some people been sacked??? Any news about anyone who has been sacked over this mess???
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
kenmac
#29 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:03:21 PM

>> since the problem was the process and not the individuals, Githu might come back. After all MK made sure he will be consulting for only the AG position.

Visram, might have lost it mostly because all the heat was emanating from the CJ post and the principles had some agreement on the other candidates.
......Ecclesiastes
Jus Blazin
#30 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:03:44 PM

McReggae wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
FundamentAli wrote:
Kudos,

talk of psycophancy, seing victory even where your man is badly bruised....lol!!!!

@McDoba, hapana hapo hujaongea poa. Take back your words. Am just quoting facts...
Wendz
#31 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:04:04 PM

I cant wait to see WR and UK's faces hahahahahahahahahahahaha....... they will be blue!!!

Kenyans should be celebrating.... at least there is a chance of giving the job to a common mwananchi..... slim as it may be... but at least it is there. Sycophants are free to be sad...
Robinhood
#32 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:05:30 PM

I sincerely do not envy Kibaki's position. He pushed a document which has robbed him of a lot of leeway. There is now no guarantee that the CJ candidates forwarded to him by the JSC will be pliable guys or that they will be kind to the O6. Talking of which I wonder how the O6 will take this current development. Remember UKs bluster just a few days ago? Ohh sijui executive authority must be respected...blah blah blah, Ohh Hague...kwa nyina, Ohh...ABK Wacha watu walie!!!
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
cnn
#33 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:07:08 PM

RAO...the PSC not properly constituted, a panel of experts should do the vetting.
mlefu
#34 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:15:30 PM

This cheap talk about kenya winning ,thats Pangangah pangangah. . Kibaki and his camp won. Live with that .
McReggae
#35 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:17:46 PM

cnn wrote:
RAO...the PSC not properly constituted, a panel of experts should do the vetting.

sasa hii imetoka waphi???
Jus Blazin
#36 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:19:07 PM

McReggae wrote:
cnn wrote:

RAOs press briefing that is currently going on.
innairobi
#37 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:19:16 PM

Hehehe. The more things change the more they remain the same. So who will select the panel of experts? Wanjiku?

cnn wrote:

All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
TAZ
#38 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:19:57 PM

Wendz wrote:
I cant wait to see WR and UK's faces hahahahahahahahahahahaha....... they will be blue!!!

Kenyans should be celebrating.... at least there is a chance of giving the job to a common mwananchi..... slim as it may be... but at least it is there. Sycophants are free to be sad...

They were all right behind MK when he was reading his speech, which really makes me question the motive of this move.
Mo
#39 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:23:33 PM

baks backs down - was a damage control gimmick. the O6 with their pnu lap dogs reliased the constitutional court would embarrass them further. if they don't get a malleable judiciary you will hear them oooh hague kwa nyina, kihii, kimundu ....ABK!!
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
McReggae
#40 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:24:12 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
McReggae wrote:
cnn wrote:

RAOs press briefing that is currently going on.

...hehehe, yaani amesema panel of experts, if true then ours is a real comedy!!!!