wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Commwarrior virus
simonkabz
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2011 5:36:06 PM

I hav lived positively with this virus on ma n70 for over 2yrs. The virus will attempt to send itself to random numbers on the phonebk, via mms. I frustrated it by changing the mms svc provider, nikaweka zain. So every 20min, message sending failed. Even with the fone off! How can I kick ths thng out for gud?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
tmatekwa
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2011 6:05:34 PM

try netq antivirus free download. it has a firewa
ll.
Gordon Gekko
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:00:29 PM

Sorry regarding your status. I have lived with Nokia all my life, from the 5110, 3210, 3310, N60, E61 and currently E63. Last month a friend asked me to try android, and took the opportunity when Scon released the Huawei IDEOS. The experience so far is orgasmic. My point? Look outside of symbian which are prone to viruses. Android to the best of my knowledge is LINUX based and no virus will mess with it. It was a tough decision, but I am slowly adjusting to the fact that there is more to phones beyond Nokia.
bartum
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:28:57 PM

godon gheko which is better betw E62 and your ideos in functionality
Phaoro
#5 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 5:20:14 AM

@Simonkabz

Try the following

1. Access the tools option on your cell phone's menu.

2. Select the file manager application. Select the preference to allow you view the files in the system directory.

3. Locate the directory "c:system\apps\commwarrior" and delete the following files: "c:\system\apps\commwarrior\commwarrior.exe" and "c:\system\apps\commwarrior\commrec.mdl."

4. Go to the directory "c:\system\updates" and delete the following files: "c:\system\updates\commrec.mdl," "c:\system\updates\commw.sis" and "c:\system\updates\commwarrior.exe."

5. Go the directory "c:\system\recogs" and delete the file "c:\system\recogs\commrec.mdl."

6. Exit the file manager application

Read more: How to Delete a Commwarrior Virus in My Cell Phone | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_...phone.html#ixzz1EGyQKNr1
tmatekwa
#6 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 7:51:08 AM

bartum wrote:

ideos has more features and quick processor but poor battery, and typing speed.
there are virus es that are design ed to work on Linux
Gordon Gekko
#7 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 9:25:57 AM

bartum wrote:

It is an E63 I have. All functions I get on it are available on the IDEOS. The IDEOS has a much larger screen, the colours are beautiful. I am however yet to get used to the touch screen.

I also love Opera 10, which I couldn't use on E63 which was struggling with it(speed, memory etc), but was very comfortable with Opera 4.2. The E63 also had issues with Opera 5.1

I understand that android has alot of free apps, but I'm yet to look for them.

My only worry now is the hardiness of the IDEOS. I cant imagine what will happen if it drops down. But for the cost, literally half that of E63, it is probably worth it.
reddevil
#8 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 9:49:06 AM

@Gordon Gekko,
It's not called IDEOS, its called an IDIOT phone Laughing out loudly
bwenyenye
#9 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 1:15:02 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
bartum wrote:

It is an E63 I have. All functions I get on it are available on the IDEOS. The IDEOS has a much larger screen, the colours are beautiful. I am however yet to get used to the touch screen.

I also love Opera 10, which I couldn't use on E63 which was struggling with it(speed, memory etc), but was very comfortable with Opera 4.2. The E63 also had issues with Opera 5.1

I understand that android has alot of free apps, but I'm yet to look for them.

My only worry now is the hardiness of the IDEOS. I cant imagine what will happen if it drops down. But for the cost, literally half that of E63, it is probably worth it.

Here I was thinking that simu ni ya kusalimiana and kusema umeshikwa na karao. ABK!!!Sad Sad Sad So when do you guys find time to do all these things?d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
I Think Therefore I Am
Gordon Gekko
#10 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 1:35:57 PM

smile smile in between dumping Equity because it is fully priced (28.75) and holding the funds in readiness to pick up KPLC at 17-19.smile smile
XSK
#11 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 3:45:28 PM

simonkabz wrote:
I hav lived positively with this virus on ma n70 for over 2yrs. The virus will attempt to send itself to random numbers on the phonebk, via mms. I frustrated it by changing the mms svc provider, nikaweka zain. So every 20min, message sending failed. Even with the fone off! How can I kick ths thng out for gud?

@SKabz

Have you tried defaulting your nokia to factory settings? I also had a virus for a couple of months and it was making the phone very slow. I was advised to do this and it worked! Try it and tell us if it works!
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!