wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

STANDARD NEWSPAPER - PROMOTES NATIONAL DIS-UNITY
peglo
#1 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 11:00:13 AM

Looking at the Standard Headline today "Ruling stuns PNU but excites ODM" has left me wondering. Why does the newspaper always classify Kenyans as ODM and PNU? We have alot of Kenyans who do not fall in those categories!

What about more nationalistic classifications like the poor vs the rich, the politicians ordinary wananchi ?

I think consciously the standard Newspaper is sowing the seed of discord! To the paper exciting news is when Kenyans are at war with each other, fighting each other, shouting at each other and not anything positive.

Cupcake
#2 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 11:17:31 AM

peglo wrote:
Looking at the Standard Headline today "Ruling stuns PNU but excites ODM" has left me wondering. Why does the newspaper always classify Kenyans as ODM and PNU? We have alot of Kenyans who do not fall in those categories!

What about more nationalistic classifications like the poor vs the rich, the politicians ordinary wananchi ?

I think consciously the standard Newspaper is sowing the seed of discord! To the paper exciting news is when Kenyans are at war with each other, fighting each other, shouting at each other and not anything positive.

i stopped reading that paper yrs ago!!
McReggae
#3 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 11:21:43 AM

The standard are not alone, it's all the media houses, sample this from NTV:

PNU's anger, ODM's joy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hiSBd5fV3c
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
TAZ
#4 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 11:32:35 AM

The only thing i read from the Standard newspaper is the sports news.
Kirika
#5 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 11:55:10 AM

SGL played a big role in the PEV not to mention the fact that the paper is an official gutter press.

The content on monday is 'Manifest Nonsense' not to mention that the editorial team dont deserve the tag editorial.

The paper is not worth 'kufunga nyama' its better of as a flying toilet.
Karema Hiti
#6 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 12:01:12 PM

What quality of training do journalists get in Kenya? You and I can also guess the kind of salaries they earn that leads to topping up with kick-backs mainly from politicians.
bwenyenye
#7 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 12:28:31 PM

Kirika wrote:

SGL played a big role in the PEV not to mention the fact that the paper is an official gutter press.

The content on monday is 'Manifest Nonsense' not to mention that the editorial team dont deserve the tag editorial.

The paper is not worth 'kufunga nyama' its better of as a flying toilet.

hear ! hear!Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
I Think Therefore I Am
Surealligator
#8 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 12:40:16 PM

TAZ wrote:

@TAZ

The only thing that used to make me read Standard was 'It's Madd Madd World'. So, today, I have no reason of touching the paper. Even the butcher man knows not to wrap the meat with that thing.

These guys are so thick they will announce an SNG share rise but never mention a drop. This is an indicator they have been propping the share price on a weekly basis to impress the majority shareholder who knows little about the stock market.

SNG still pays rent on some floors in I&M although they have all the space they require on Mombasa rd. Seen them advertise the I&M office space as if they have become property managers.

Truth, SNG made a rental contract with I&M building management I suspect upto 2012 if not 2014. They thus have to pay rent for space they don't require.

But I wish them well as without them, NMG would not have the spirited competition they get from SNG. I plan to start watching KTN cauze I need to be objective on media houses. But for the paper, not so soon.
Go overdrive in purchasing the goods when there's blood on the streets, expecially if the blood is your own
IDP
#9 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 12:50:05 PM

Those goons there only inflame tribalism. It does well in those regions where ignorance is king. Cant lift that piece of sh*t from the stands.
2 Miles
#10 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 1:08:15 PM

The Standard newspaper isn't objective at all. Its so easy to detect bias in their presentation of news!!!!!!!! They have a tendency to make news of national importance to be divisive, basically due to their presentation.

Kwanza that idea of sports news being upside down was just pathetic. PATHETIC. Not to mention that they have a chief strategist.
Intelligentsia
#11 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 2:09:21 PM

TAZ wrote:

Sports page used to be upside down from the headline, why did they change it?
Kirika
#12 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 2:16:17 PM

The honcho there one Melly, has absolutely no knowledge of matters media.

He is better of as a backroom clerk filling returns.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#13 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 2:40:03 PM

Surely guy's we just can't have the nation telling us all we need to know, let the standard be, and call it as they see it.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
McReggae
#14 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 2:48:37 PM

.....after the speakers ruling jana, this is the place to vent and share frustrations...lol!!!!
simonkabz
#15 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 2:59:39 PM

Do these dimwits explore outside their coccoons of self gratification? Do they 4instance, visit wazua n see the public apathy emanating fm their print manifest nonsense? (p.s. napenda pulse)
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
McReggae
#16 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 3:07:04 PM

simonkabz wrote:
Do these dimwits explore outside their coccoons of self gratification? Do they 4instance, visit wazua n see the public apathy emanating fm their print manifest nonsense? (p.s. napenda pulse)

eih thimioni, wewe napenda pulse, kumbe wewe bado iko kijana!!!
bwenyenye
#17 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 3:58:25 PM

@Thimioni anapenda tupicha twa pulsers Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray
I Think Therefore I Am