wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
'Kimundu'
TAZ
#41 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 11:31:29 AM

kadonye wrote:
Uhuru intended to show his strained relations with Raila. Let's not debate that fact. Haikuwa kimundu a buddy. It was meant to show disrespect.

But I don't see why I come in. Or how this can lead to chaos again. We are used to hearing this stuff since multi-partyism was re-introduced in 1991.

Rallies in the 90s by the opposition were full of such insults with people referring to Moi with many derogatory words. Kibaki too has been a victim of insults.

UK na RAO wadeal na issues zao. If Raila was offended, he should sue UK. Tribe does not come in here unless insulting Raila is insulting the whole Luo Nation.

Let's not forget, that as much as we had incitement in the last polls, most of the people were already full of hate and thus it didn't require a major excuse for them to start hacking others!

Exactly, i don't see why Uhuru should apologise to RAO. Like so many have said in this thread, how many times has Raila used derogatory words to demean his political opponents.....He should first start by apologizing to Kalonzo and Ruto, otherwise people will continue to treat him the same way he treats them.
willin2learn
#42 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 11:53:47 AM

It must be 'difficult' being a Kikuyu in Kenya. A Kikuyu forms an alliance with a Kamba/Kalenjin/Luhya = TRIBALIST, a Luo forms an Alliance with a Luhya/Kalenjin=DEMOCRACY.

Give them a BREAK yawa
nostoppingthis
#43 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 12:32:42 PM

@Taz, just a thought, RAO uses vitendawili, and leaves it to your intepretation (which could be way off the mark)...UK on the other hand, refers to the person directly..."Kimundu" and hence this thread.

When UK used the kitendawili of a hyena waiting for an injured arm to fall off.....you did not hear such an outcry, did you?
Mo
#44 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 1:04:10 PM

Njore wrote:
In fact all of you are fuelling hate speech due to ignorance. In my beautiful mother tongue, 'kimundu' means a 'big person' and not a useless person as some of you are trying to depict. In my interpretation, UK was merely alluding to one of his political competitors. If you are not a first speaker of this language, kindly look for an elder to take you through the kikuyupedia.

@njore, y ru throwing a spin here? it's not fair to mislead wazuans that kimundu refers to big man. The actual interpretattion of kimundu is an ogre. pls cite ur kikuyupedia if am wrong! UK is misbehaving and confirms our worst fears that he is a legitimate hague material...this is a clear case of hate speech period!
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Euge
#45 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 2:00:33 PM

Mo,I disagree, kimundu is not an ogre. An ogre is irimu. And kimundu is not demeaning. If he said kamundu I would probably say he was belittling RAO.
Lord, thank you!
Wamutonyi
#46 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 10:29:57 AM

Those supporting Uhuru, please answer this question and be very honest. Do you think Uhuru would refer to President Kibaki as Kimundu during an interview. Kindly do not support Uhuru just because he is your fellow tribesman. Politics aside, Uhuru has no respect for Raila, period yet he is a deputy PM.
TAZ
#47 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 10:47:29 AM

Wamutonyi wrote:
Those supporting Uhuru, please answer this question and be very honest. Do you think Uhuru would refer to President Kibaki as Kimundu during an interview. Kindly do not support Uhuru just because he is your fellow tribesman. Politics aside, Uhuru has no respect for Raila, period yet he is a deputy PM.

Uhuru was not appointed deputy PM by Raila....as it stands he can't even sack the guy even if he wanted to. Why is it that we pretend we don't know how the current coalition govt is constituted. Uhuru was wrong to refer to Raila as "Kimundu" but he is not obligated to respect the guy, these two will probably be in different political camps in 2012.
Cupcake
#48 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 12:36:08 PM

Kaigangio wrote:
hi all,

why so much argument, all of you???????

let us just call RAO "Kamundu"

and

UK and President "Imundu" plural for "Kimundu"

and

me "Githee" or "Kimundu" or "Kiigangio"

and let us lay the extremely petty case to rest....

NKT!!!!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Ki- gizzard you are just the one....hahahaha

what's in a name anyway....(Ritwa ni ta mbukio)...someone please interpret that.
Karema Hiti
#49 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 1:11:20 PM

Much the reason kaigangio is part of my favourite menu. This thread has been very hot and active for almost a week now. I doubt that there will be any further value addition to what has already been stated in this 'kimundu' business.
I beg to quit!
bwenyenye
#50 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 1:52:16 PM

Guys what is the hulabaloo all about? really....? I am not getting why I should be siding with any of these two fellas....I think we should learn to differentiate what is of value to us.. Let us not validate stupid talk by these guys by further disussing it and being split... WE ARE THE FUTURE OF THIS COUNTRY.... I do not listen to political talkshows ( and political news) coz all they do is split the country. Look at us now...is that all that we could pick from that interview? or is that what we are looking out for?

With utmost respect to all who got caught up.. ABK!
I Think Therefore I Am
Jus Blazin
#51 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 1:56:37 PM

Call me a KIMUNDU!! I will not mind it. Big Man I am. That's the only Big deal with the name...
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
masukuma
#52 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:30:59 PM

who cares what Raila was called? He has been called much worse by more people - why are people suddenly overly sensitive over a word in a language that is not theirs?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
nostoppingthis
#53 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:58:34 PM

masukuma wrote:
who cares what Raila was called? He has been called much worse by more people - why are people suddenly overly sensitive over a word in a language that is not theirs?

Maskuma, don't miss the point...this was done on radio. I'm sure we call our politicians all sort of names....Anyway, this thread was concluded at one point....tuwachane nayo
mpobiz
#54 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:17:34 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

CAN THE REAL KIKUYUS PLEASE STAND UP!!!

please if you are not a kikuyu please dont try to tell us what "kimundu" means...
[Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you -x

if somebody is a "kimundu" there is nothing we can do about it. the only person who can change the status of being a kimundu ,kamundu, or mundu. is the kimundu himself. as for me i consider myself a kamundu
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...