wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Luo-Kikuyu Polarity
Mercie
#21 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 8:33:15 PM

Karema Hiti wrote:
Historically, the polarity between these two communities started around independence time (almost 50 years ago). It has gradually metamorphosed into deep hatred and suspicion amongst our people. Politicians have successfully perfected the art of adding fuel to an already inflammable situation. Unfortunately, the common mwananchi has blindly but painfully suffered the consequences. As we break for the weekend, I wish to give Wazuans the challenge of working out a formula that will change the tide and give us a common approach in the way we see our country's problems. A mental revolution!

Do most of us even know what it means to be from a certain community? Can we speak the language, know the customs? What makes us Kale, Luo or Kikuyu? Isn't it, for a majority of us, from the surnames we bear? We are just Paper Tribesmen (http://sufuriaeconomics.blogspot.com/2011/02/paper-tribesmen.html!

@KH, this is a great initiative and hope we can redeem ourselves before we get into deep water.
Go borrow vessels!
Wendz
#22 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 10:18:35 AM

Paul Kukubo wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:
This coming from @Karema Hiti Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause wapi @ Paul Kukubo?

If Impunity, Kuralaha and McRagae etc can put down here on areas I need to change (assuming am a msapele) I can point out realistic ones and those impossible. Then we can consult but I make the final decision.

here is what they (Nyamu shia luguru) should do.

a.stop misleading the world that if you come to kenya, avoid kikuyus as they will steal from you.I doubt this is a one tribe affair.... any other community says the same thing... its not an exception of one tribe

b.wherever a luo is the boss, employment is based on you being a ruguru brohter.This happens with any tribe. Go to statehouse right now and tell us who are the majority employees... See what is happening with institutions like KCB.... go to institutions headed by other tribes...and i dont want to name them here... but they are all over!

c.stop believing that marring a kkyuk lady is the highest achievement you can make as a ruguru brohther. Kwnain your women are inferior?Kama kitu ni mzuri, ni mzuri.... tuseme ukweli! Actually, lets say, the brothers from the west are that accommodating and less tribal.

d.stop showing off. instead, live below your means so that you can save some money to develop your home county.Its not showing off... its a lifestyle. Thats the way they are. the fact that they do not save and save until they live poor and die rich doesnt mean their style is wrong. its just different from yours

e.eradicate sex for fish barter trade. Is it called JABOYA or something closer there. http://www.poz.com/artic...kenya_hiv_1_15283.shtml This people are extremely primitive. A mother gives away her daughter for the night to a man she has no clue where he came from in order to buy fish from the same man. Good point and they should strive to eradicate this. However, every other community should try clean up their mess too... for example, lets get our wanjiku's and wambui's off the koinange street, lets get that digo/giriama child off the coast line from the hands of italians... its a kenyan problem, not a luo problem....see?

f.if jakas promise to hold a referendum in a yrs time to secede from kenya and become a part of uganda teritory or a satelite annex of SS.It wont happen, learn to live with it... or you can lead the kikuyus back to Congo where they came from!

g.stop worshipping Aliar as if he is their god. ati ikiitwa 'kimundu', it becomes a week long discussion here. Bure kabisa. call obako or ruto or uhuru kinyesi and nobody will raise an eye blow. The person who started this thread couldnt possibly have been a luo.... i am yet to meet one luo who sits down and listens to kameme and can correctly understand a word in the context it is said... meaning, he knows the language at hand well enough to know the different meanings...

h.stop being highpocrates. Aliar appoints his tribes men in gover and that is okay, if kibaki does the same, it is tribal. can't you be logical at least for a day/ so should we leave it and believe that it is ok for Kibs to appoint his tribes people? As a kikuyu who is not in the inner circles and who is not likely to be, when will i, or my child be in a position to fairly compete for these jobs or are they a reserve for the few in the inner circle? all we want as kenyans is for such jobs to be advertised so that everyone has a chance of applying. If the fail fairly, its fair enough.

i.using lies to achieve or get out of trouble. deal with issues head on and you will make progress.This is not a reserve of one tribe.... it actually has to do with your upbringing!

jelousy. if a kiyuk has earned his wealth by hard work, why do you wnat him to share teh smae with you? why have you taken his rental houses and don't want to ..... but i an forgive you all if you make me understand the above is normal and that i should accommodate the saem.
Generalisation if the mother of all tribal evils we have.... deal with the crooks... not the tribe... Otherwise, tell us why all kikuyus are mungikis and tax people illegally and all kisiis (i think) are sungus and they behead others!
TAZ
#23 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 10:31:59 AM

I don't like RAO and i don't think I'll vote for him come 2012, is that being tribal? Why is it that we only talk of tribalism whenever some of these characters are criticized in public....
Obi 1 Kanobi
#24 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 11:25:04 AM

Paul Kukubo wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:
This coming from @Karema Hiti Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause wapi @ Paul Kukubo?

If Impunity, Kuralaha and McRagae etc can put down here on areas I need to change (assuming am a msapele) I can point out realistic ones and those impossible. Then we can consult but I make the final decision.

a.stop misleading the world that if you come to kenya, avoid kikuyus as they will steal from you.

b.wherever a luo is the boss, employment is based on you being a ruguru brohter.

c.stop believing that marring a kkyuk lady is the highest achievement you can make as a ruguru brohther. Kwnain your women are inferior?

d.stop showing off. instead, live below your means so that you can save some money to develop your home county.

e.eradicate sex for fish barter trade. Is it called JABOYA or something closer there. http://www.poz.com/artic...kenya_hiv_1_15283.shtml This people are extremely primitive. A mother gives away her daughter for the night to a man she has no clue where he came from in order to buy fish from the same man.

f.if jakas promise to hold a referendum in a yrs time to secede from kenya and become a part of uganda teritory or a satelite annex of SS.

g.stop worshipping Aliar as if he is their god. ati ikiitwa 'kimundu', it becomes a week long discussion here. Bure kabisa. call obako or ruto or uhuru kinyesi and nobody will raise an eye blow.

h.stop being highpocrates. Aliar appoints his tribes men in gover and that is okay, if kibaki does the same, it is tribal. can't you be logical at least for a day/

i.using lies to achieve or get out of trouble. deal with issues head on and you will make progress.

jelousy. if a kiyuk has earned his wealth by hard work, why do you wnat him to share teh smae with you? why have you taken his rental houses and don't want to ..... but i an forgive you all if you make me understand the above is normal and that i should accomodate the saem.

@Paul Kukubo, On very rare occasions I meet people like you, a very unique bile filled weak breed of persons thats facing extinction. You will not be missed.

c.stop believing that marring a kkyuk lady is the highest achievement you can make as a ruguru brohther. Kwnain your women are inferior?

This one's really funny, I have never thought of it that way, and as you obviously don't know, Luo women are 'smoking hot'
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
nostoppingthis
#25 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 11:35:34 AM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Paul Kukubo wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:

a.stop misleading the world that if you come to kenya, avoid kikuyus as they will steal from you.

b.wherever a luo is the boss, employment is based on you being a ruguru brohter.

d.stop showing off. instead, live below your means so that you can save some money to develop your home county.

e.eradicate sex for fish barter trade. Is it called JABOYA or something closer there. http://www.poz.com/artic...kenya_hiv_1_15283.shtml This people are extremely primitive. A mother gives away her daughter for the night to a man she has no clue where he came from in order to buy fish from the same man.

f.if jakas promise to hold a referendum in a yrs time to secede from kenya and become a part of uganda teritory or a satelite annex of SS.

g.stop worshipping Aliar as if he is their god. ati ikiitwa 'kimundu', it becomes a week long discussion here. Bure kabisa. call obako or ruto or uhuru kinyesi and nobody will raise an eye blow.

h.stop being highpocrates. Aliar appoints his tribes men in gover and that is okay, if kibaki does the same, it is tribal. can't you be logical at least for a day/

i.using lies to achieve or get out of trouble. deal with issues head on and you will make progress.

jelousy. if a kiyuk has earned his wealth by hard work, why do you wnat him to share teh smae with you? why have you taken his rental houses and don't want to ..... but i an forgive you all if you make me understand the above is normal and that i should accomodate the saem.

@Paul Kukubo, On very rare occasions I meet people like you, a very unique bile filled weak breed of persons thats facing extinction. You will not be missed.

This one's really funny, I have never thought of it that way, and as you obviously don't know, Luo women are 'smoking hot'

Actually, that one was very funny....ati an achievement!!!. I think you are mistaken, this goes against the stereotype vybe that many talk about...
But @Kukubo, as expected you are a very bitter individual and all that you've said has been nullified by @Wendz, if we were all bitter like that, all the stereotyping against each community would be highlighted here...not good if we are to be One Kenya...
Paul Kukubo
#26 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:42:14 AM

TAZ wrote:
I don't like RAO and i don't think I'll vote for him come 2012, is that being tribal? Why is it that we only talk of tribalism whenever some of these characters are criticized in public....
That is the problem. you mention Raila, and all jaluos raise their antenna. kwani Aliar ni mungu wao. saying Raila is taken to mean jaluo. so primitive charactoers.
Wendz, i have read your responses. i thought for problems to be solved, you need to identify the problems first inorder to generate the right solutions. nwo, why not state what you jaluos don;t like about the kikuyus or kambas so that we can address the problems, one at a time instead of simply saying, lets forgive and forget. it will never work that way. have you ever heard a kikuyu man marrying a jaka girl? (weka link). why dont wasapele men mary the jakas women? dont bring those koinange street issues here. prosti is a profession accepted world wide. we are not competing here. can a jaka in the house give me five reasons why they hate kikuyus as a tribe?
Last time, it was 41 against the kyuks. next time, it seems the shoe will be with the fish.
you see, the danger is in a mjaka taking over and if he sayis today, watu wote wavae kinyasa going to work, that becoems law. that is the problem with tribal mass-folloiwng on one dictator.
bwenyenye
#27 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 4:48:59 PM

@Paul

Please Shut up!
I Think Therefore I Am
muganda
#28 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 7:12:43 PM

Often overlook Politics section, but today...

@Paul Kukubo, your posts are straightforward but strike me as very tribal. It may not be what you say but the how that betrays the prejudice.

Often, the mindset that creates a problem can never resolve it. So as many say, I'm happy that some of our children hardly know which tribe they come from, or are bred from intermarriage.

When I'd meet my schoolpals, I'd have to think hard to remember which tribe they come from. Generally...
-so and so is a peacemaker and another a rabble rouser
-so and so is kind and another too materialistic
-so and so is humble and that one is an airheaded

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. Martin Luther King