wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

An Arab Solution To A Kenyan Problem
MaichBlack
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 10:19:20 AM

Who is happy with 'our' politicians? Seriously! If everyone puts aside tribalism, nepotism, narrow mindedness etc., who could honestly say they are happy with 'our' politicians?

Kenya is practically owned by the politicians. Everything they do and plan to do is all about them. Less than 1% genuinely think about Kenya and her people. We have corruption, nepotism/discrimination, impunity etc. perpetuated by PNU, ODM, UDM, KANU, Sisi kwa Sisi, Ford Kenya, Narc Kenya - EVERYONE!!! Nobody expects anything positive from any of these fellows. Look at the presidential hopefuls - both real and imagined. Who is genuinely thinking about our motherland and her people? Your guess is as good as mine. And what are we doing? Complaining, complaining, complaining!!!

I say we pull a Tunisia/Egypt! There will be some losses in the short term but what is important is the long term!!!

But two things have to change:

1) The middle class has to style up. People in the middle class are filled with a sense of self importance and yet common sense tells you they gain the most or lose the most depending on the kind of leadership in place. I have seen professionals and business people going to the streets for a good course elsewhere. We need that in Kenya.

2) Tribalism. This is the worst. As long as we have 'our person' syndrome, we will never pull this off. We need to realize it's not about tribe x vs tribe y. It's about the so called leaders vs the normal mwananchi. When prices sky rocket, crime increases, basic amenities are lacking, no one cares which tribe you are. We all suffer together! Why people retreat to their tribal cocoons is beyond me!

Why wait for five election cycle to clean up our system when we can do it in 18 days? I say we hit the streets!

Power To The People
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
kadonye
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 11:19:29 AM

@maich, allow me to respectfully disagree. First, Egypt and Tunisia have for long been dictatorships run by the big man. Kenya on the other hand is an activist country where a return to democracy process started in 1991. Secondly these leaders we complain about enjoy a near fanatical following among Kenyans eg RAO. Thirdly, if we are to believe ODM, Kenyans do not know the difference btwn mass action and killing or raping their fellow Kenyans. Fourthly, who will we replace these leaders with? Most of us are like them! Fifth, tribe, tribe, tribe.
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Seeders
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 1:15:49 PM

cant happen any time soon because of differences in how the average Egyptian and the average Kenyan think e.g.:

EGYPT - Mass protest means gathering on the streets in the thousands and making a lot of noise until you are heard.
KENYA - Mass protest means moving from house to house looking for anyone called 'Mubarak', spearing them to death and gang raping any accidental survivors.

EGYPT - Mass protest requires that we mobilize vigilante groups to help protect private property from looters.
KENYA - Mass protest requires that we target all stores in the neighborhood and get that greatwall tv we have always dreamed of. but if for any reason one cannot participate in the looting, they can stand by and laugh as the reformists do their thing. sound the alarm when law enforcement arrives on the scene.

EGYPT - set up roadblocks to ensure no car is carrying weapons or stolen goods.
KENYA - set up roadblocks, ask every person to produce their ID and unleash merciless mob justice on anyone called 'Mubarak'

...etcetera
simonkabz
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 1:30:00 PM

If u ever find more than 60% of kenyans agreeing on anythng, Thank God.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
MaichBlack
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 2:12:59 PM

simonkabz wrote:
If u ever find more than 60% of kenyans agreeing on anythng, Thank God.

True story.

Kenyans are so polarized it hurts. And this works perfectly for the politicians. They have successfully managed to balkanize our motherland. The sooner everyone comes back to their senses and we reverse this, the better.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Ceinz
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 4:02:35 PM

A good thread Maich. I totally agree with you, real change in our leadership will begin with putting aside 1) Tribalism, we are all very tribal, its sad to see even our intellectuals narrowing their thinking and arguments on tribal lines. There comes a time when its only good to set aside ur tribal affiliations and fight for what is right/legal, for example if u look at Mutulas conduct in this ICC issue, he actually stands for the law and behaves as a proffessional that we know him to be 2) A fake sense of self importance, the middle class have always carried this nothing to lose attitude. No sooner we realize real that real change comes from the people and not or leaders will we see the change we anticipate.
“small step for man”
KenyanLyrics
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 4:18:18 PM

I always thought the maize scandal would be the final straw for Kenyans, but lo and behold! Ruto came out of that case looking like a warrior fighting against the odds! So now if the people couldn't come together at a time of drought when starving people had been robbed of their staple food, when the hell will they come together?
X13united
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 6:28:18 PM

That arab concoction can nt work for us hungry n blind bats. Our redeemer rests in our hefty pay cheques. I had a chat with this sudy brother(s.sudan),this guy tells me,back there ,you accept a high salary n be ready for a lesson about communism n your salary will be the specimen sample A. Our solution therefore i.e after God ,is simply slashing salaries n our MPs should be the first bulls to face that castration knife. We therefore cut the salaries n discurage ppl from being mps simply to harvest money. 300k pm,makes sence.