wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Luo-Kikuyu Polarity
Karema Hiti
#1 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 12:36:37 PM

Historically, the polarity between these two communities started around independence time (almost 50 years ago). It has gradually metamorphosed into deep hatred and suspicion amongst our people. Politicians have successfully perfected the art of adding fuel to an already inflammable situation. Unfortunately, the common mwananchi has blindly but painfully suffered the consequences. As we break for the weekend, I wish to give Wazuans the challenge of working out a formula that will change the tide and give us a common approach in the way we see our country's problems. A mental revolution!
newfarer
#2 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 12:40:08 PM

Sawa Njore smile smile , watu wafanye hivyo.
Bottomline We want peace among all the 42+ communities.And the mental revolution starts with....
punda amecheka
nostoppingthis
#3 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 12:51:03 PM

This coming from @Karema Hiti Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause wapi @ Paul Kukubo?
Njore
#4 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 1:00:39 PM

@KH, A brilliant assignment. Newf for your information, Njore is not equivalent to HK. In fact, I have been wondering whether HK is a brother to Murira Ikihia.
MaichBlack
#5 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 1:01:31 PM

To all of us - Look at the man/woman in the mirror. Change begins with him/her.

From today, free yourself from tribal hatred/feelings/suspicions etc. Deal with everyone as a human being - not someone from tribe x. Analyze your daily activities and see if any of the things you did during the day was influenced by anything tribal. Take corrective measures immediately.

Don't worry about any tribal Kenyans you meet. It's not about them changing. First and foremost it's about you changing. You can talk to them but that does not guarantee they will change. And even if they don't, that should not stop you from striving to become a better human being.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Mo
#6 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 1:22:09 PM

what irks me most is ping pong bar talk about these two sides. can we start by toning down the derogatory language aganist each side? can we also ask Rao to adopt a national face and kick some jeng goons from his court....am talking about ndolo of makadara, he does him no good!
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Wendz
#7 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 1:31:23 PM

Karema Hiti wrote:
Historically, the polarity between these two communities started around independence time (almost 50 years ago). It has gradually metamorphosed into deep hatred and suspicion amongst our people. Politicians have successfully perfected the art of adding fuel to an already inflammable situation. Unfortunately, the common mwananchi has blindly but painfully suffered the consequences. As we break for the weekend, I wish to give Wazuans the challenge of working out a formula that will change the tide and give us a common approach in the way we see our country's problems. A mental revolution!

Surprisingly, there has also been alot of intermarrying between these two communities... So sometimes i wonder where things go wrong!

Is Ndolo from his community really? i thought he was from @Magigi's hoods.
annsal
#8 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 2:11:05 PM

Wendz wrote:
Karema Hiti wrote:

Surprisingly, there has also been alot of intermarrying between these two communities... So sometimes i wonder where things go wrong!

Is Ndolo from his community really? i thought he was from @Magigi's hoods.

Yeah he is from Rao's community. the name Ndolo worked to his advantage during the 2002 elections Kaos from makadara thought he was one of them n voted for him and he won.but i guess we should emulate his mum and give our kids names from other communities ......
God loves a Trier!
Elder
#9 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 2:17:53 PM

Personally I think the polarity issue is just political otherwise it is a myth. For example there are several Luos and Kikuyus involved in various economical and social ventures where tribe is not even an issue. You will find a Luo/Kikuyu talking about how 'down'/'evil' the other tribe is but you dig deeper and you find that some of his/her best friend is from that tribe. And I mean real friendship. Apart from the old generation you would rarely get one meeting a potential friend or business partner and writing them off just because they are from the other tribe.

An example is Wazua where when it gets to politics you can almost tell one's tribe from the posts and where things get pretty emotional but you don't see people refusing to go for mbuzi choma coz of 'the other tribe' being involved.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Njore
#10 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 2:54:06 PM

I suppose the suggested formula should include the following variables: When did the rain start beating these two communities?; What was the reason(s)?; Who were the key players then?; Are they still alive?; How did (or does) the common Jang'o/Ukuyu benefit? Is there room for eradicating the polarity? etc. Good luck.
Paul Kukubo
#11 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 3:05:33 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
This coming from @Karema Hiti Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause wapi @ Paul Kukubo?

If Impunity, Kuralaha and McRagae etc can put down here on areas I need to change (assuming am a msapele) I can point out realistic ones and those impossible. Then we can consult but I make the final decision.

here is what they (Nyamu shia luguru) should do.

a.stop misleading the world that if you come to kenya, avoid kikuyus as they will steal from you.

b.wherever a luo is the boss, employment is based on you being a ruguru brohter.

c.stop believing that marring a kkyuk lady is the highest achievement you can make as a ruguru brohther. Kwnain your women are inferior?

d.stop showing off. instead, live below your means so that you can save some money to develop your home county.

e.eradicate sex for fish barter trade. Is it called JABOYA or something closer there. http://www.poz.com/artic...kenya_hiv_1_15283.shtml This people are extremely primitive. A mother gives away her daughter for the night to a man she has no clue where he came from in order to buy fish from the same man.

f.if jakas promise to hold a referendum in a yrs time to secede from kenya and become a part of uganda teritory or a satelite annex of SS.

g.stop worshipping Aliar as if he is their god. ati ikiitwa 'kimundu', it becomes a week long discussion here. Bure kabisa. call obako or ruto or uhuru kinyesi and nobody will raise an eye blow.

h.stop being highpocrates. Aliar appoints his tribes men in gover and that is okay, if kibaki does the same, it is tribal. can't you be logical at least for a day/

i.using lies to achieve or get out of trouble. deal with issues head on and you will make progress.

jelousy. if a kiyuk has earned his wealth by hard work, why do you wnat him to share teh smae with you? why have you taken his rental houses and don't want to ..... but i an forgive you all if you make me understand the above is normal and that i should accomodate the saem.
Wendz
#12 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 3:08:55 PM

Elder wrote:
Personally I think the polarity issue is just political otherwise it is a myth. For example there are several Luos and Kikuyus involved in various economical and social ventures where tribe is not even an issue. You will find a Luo/Kikuyu talking about how 'down'/'evil' the other tribe is but you dig deeper and you find that some of his/her best friend is from that tribe. And I mean real friendship. Apart from the old generation you would rarely get one meeting a potential friend or business partner and writing them off just because they are from the other tribe.

An example is Wazua where when it gets to politics you can almost tell one's tribe from the posts and where things get pretty emotional but you don't see people refusing to go for mbuzi choma coz of 'the other tribe' being involved.

You are very right.
Paul Kukubo
#13 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 3:11:10 PM

Wendz wrote:
Elder wrote:

You are very right.

you are also right. read http://www.gtzpsda.co.ke/downlo...Menn%20%20Anyango_vf.pdf

http://www.bushdrums.com...s/index.php?shownews=415
raszag
#14 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 3:30:37 PM

Paul Kukubo wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:

If Impunity, Kuralaha and McRagae etc can put down here on areas I need to change (assuming am a msapele) I can point out realistic ones and those impossible. Then we can consult but I make the final decision.

here is what they (Nyamu shia luguru) should do.

a.stop misleading the world that if you come to kenya, avoid kikuyus as they will steal from you.

b.wherever a luo is the boss, employment is based on you being a ruguru brohter.

c.stop believing that marring a kkyuk lady is the highest achievement you can make as a ruguru brohther. Kwnain your women are inferior?

d.stop showing off. instead, live below your means so that you can save some money to develop your home county.

e.eradicate sex for fish barter trade. Is it called JABOYA or something closer there. http://www.poz.com/artic...kenya_hiv_1_15283.shtml This people are extremely primitive. A mother gives away her daughter for the night to a man she has no clue where he came from in order to buy fish from the same man.

f.if jakas promise to hold a referendum in a yrs time to secede from kenya and become a part of uganda teritory or a satelite annex of SS.

g.stop worshipping Aliar as if he is their god. ati ikiitwa 'kimundu', it becomes a week long discussion here. Bure kabisa. call obako or ruto or uhuru kinyesi and nobody will raise an eye blow.

h.stop being highpocrates. Aliar appoints his tribes men in gover and that is okay, if kibaki does the same, it is tribal. can't you be logical at least for a day/

i.using lies to achieve or get out of trouble. deal with issues head on and you will make progress.

jelousy. if a kiyuk has earned his wealth by hard work, why do you wnat him to share teh smae with you? why have you taken his rental houses and don't want to ..... but i an forgive you all if you make me understand the above is normal and that i should accomodate the saem.

woeiii Pray ....Is this looking for a solution or agravating the issue ...Heheheh...d'oh! Liar Pray
Hardwork, Smartness & Humility = Successful and Happy life...Jipange sasa hivi
reddevil
#15 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 3:41:53 PM

Sad I feel nothing for politics, in fact I seldom comment on political/tribal threads...BUT...IF...this is the same Paul Kukubo...the one in the real world...then my conclusion is that we have a real problem...
keraka
#16 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 4:54:12 PM

If kenya would have 10 idiots like Kukubo then we'll have no country.And for your information am a kisii and personally dont like some and i repeat the word some Luos overbearing attitudes.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Ms Mkenya
#17 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 7:00:53 PM

My thoughts on this.

Very soon, we will all be related to at least one other tribe. Your child will fall in love with a neighbour in Campus who is from a 'forbidden' tribe.. You refuse to acknowledge then as a daughter/son in law, they elope....Utado? This already happened to our parents.. It will be worse for us....

Intermarriage between the Luo and the Kikuyu is happening so much already! One such couple i know jokingly call themsleves 'coalition'...

So the earlier we learn to tolerate each other, the better. Do not lose your children in the mix because of this stupidity.
....above all, to stand.
Magigi
#18 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 7:35:58 PM

@Wendz
...Asi!!! ati Ndolo anatoka from my hood!!! No No No...My hood does not produce such brave men...Ukiona wao...toa suruali watu waoge!!!

But... We are known for...siyui nikule muthokoi ama nikule malenge...
kadonye
#19 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 9:51:54 PM

How has Kukubo survived in wazua? Hiyo chuki ni xcess na ni ujinga!
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
mpobiz
#20 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:20:08 PM

kadonye wrote:
How has Kukubo survived in wazua? Hiyo chuki ni xcess na ni ujinga!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
chuki?
huyu mtu is just stating facts
hata museveni once asked if he was being tribal by calling someona a jaluo?
all races and tribes of this world have some weird customs and habits ... this depending on where you come from.
talking about them doesnt mean uko na chuki....

Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...