wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
'Kimundu'
K22
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:32:19 PM

Kwani UK ni politician wa aina gani?

He should have said he was referring to 'KIMONDO' his area local chief....ama bar man.... ama pharmacist..... na hii maneno yote iishe....

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man
nostoppingthis
#22 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:44:33 PM

@Guka, your wisdom is needed on the interpretation of "kimundu", seems like the persons claiming to know are not even in agreement...
wanyuru
#23 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:03:50 PM

K22 wrote:
Kwani UK ni politician wa aina gani?

He should have said he was referring to 'KIMONDO' his area local chief....ama bar man.... ama pharmacist..... na hii maneno yote iishe....
Applause Applause heo umwe ngabu.

back in the day when we were young and when talking about our escapades in the 'village boogie' ( mbugi),you could often hear kariuki telling us how he 'fell on' or kuangukia on a 'kimundu' the previous night refering to a beautiful young 'african' girl.....in other days he would talk of a 'kamundu' meaning a petite girl.

so kimundu is not necessarily used to refer to someone in a derogatory way
Jacy26
#24 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:04:21 PM

It would have been better if UK referred to RAO as "agita mundu wake", why "Kimundu". Yes it's derogatory whichever way we look at it.
If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love - Maya Angelou
kangi
#25 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:23:12 PM

TAZ wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
Raila calls other leaders Mbwa, Tumbili/Nyani, mara Nundu changu!! and this is not hate speech?!

Look at the context...not your personal emotions.
Shame on you

When RAO said "nyef-nyef kama ngiri" he usually say so in a light touch;When UK says "kimundu" he means it.Shame on you

I urge you to do the same.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Applause Applause Applause
Accept no one's definition of your life; define your life.
masukuma
#26 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:28:28 PM

people are being hypersensitive and yet in the same breath calling others Zinjanthropus! how silly!! why do you expect others to follow a code you don't?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
K22
#27 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:09:37 PM

masukuma wrote:
people are being hypersensitive and yet in the same breath calling others Zinjanthropus! how silly!! why do you expect others to follow a code you don't?

Zinjanthropus kama hii ama?

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man
Mpenzi
#28 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:32:35 PM

Jacy26 wrote:
It would have been better if UK referred to RAO as "agita mundu wake", why "Kimundu". Yes it's derogatory whichever way we look at it.

This doesnt make sense. Can someone tell me what Jacy26 is trying to say?
newfarer
#29 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:37:49 PM

Mpenzi wrote:
Jacy26 wrote:

This doesnt make sense. Can someone tell me what Jacy26 is trying to say?

There is no love in anyone calling you 'kimtu hiki'.is there?
punda amecheka
simonkabz
#30 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:54:13 PM

Hii ujuaji makes us a highly trivial n noisy society. Ok someone sniff out some other blemish, lets say, our favourite bashmentation Ruto...
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
kadonye
#31 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:55:24 PM

masukuma wrote:

this is the most thought provoking reply on this thread. Should we ban use of words like MPig, PMPig, General Kiguoya, Kalooser, Water Melon etc? Hata sisi tuna matusi!
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
sanity
#32 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 9:32:21 PM

For all who may not have noticed k22 ameweka picha ya zinjathropus aka kimundu!!Applause
Hope is not a strategy
Jus Blazin
#33 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 11:40:09 PM

Impunity wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
Raila calls other leaders Mbwa, Tumbili/Nyani, mara Nundu changu!! and this is not hate speech?!

Look at the context...not your personal emotions.
Shame on you

When RAO said "nyef-nyef kama ngiri" he usually say so in a light touch;When UK says "kimundu" he means it.Shame on you

How would you know? Just because people laugh at RAOs statements doesn't mean he doesn't mean it.

Anyway, seems 'Kimundu' clearly is an ambiguous word just like 'Consultation'. So let's relax and be easy. They'll still talk like old friends ; UK and RAO, that is.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Wamutonyi
#34 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 8:40:03 AM

The Kikuyus on this forum know very well that "Kimundu" is deragotory when used in this context yet some of them want to confuse us with their personal interpretations. It is not only disrespectful but also irresponsible for Uhuru to refer to Raila who is his senior as so. This guy is a tribal leader and cannot represent the Kenya we are all yearning for. Those referring to others others as "Mukabira", "Mundu wa ruguru" should just stop it. No need justifying a wrong with another wrong.
Wa_ithaka
#35 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 9:18:10 AM

Well said Wamutoni.

Waseni pretence. We all know the context that Uhuru Muratina used the word.

Kimundu is doesn't have a positive meaning in any context never mind this one.

Uhuru is being his usual arrogant sit. Remember what he said about Marth the other day?
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
Njung'e
#36 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 9:39:28 AM

The word Kimundu is not derogatory as such although i believe as used here,it was meant to demean.If it's true UK used the word to refer to RAO,then i would consider that disrespectful and the kind of words that will take us back to 2007/2008.An apology would be in order.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
newfarer
#37 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 10:07:24 AM

Kimundu can be used by peers when they are joking or playing.Like 'wacha, thie naku kimundu kiki' .But given the context ,when Uhuru was confronted by masai, he said 'pressure ndio inapanda saa zingine' Uhuru meant something like , 'goma ino' or 'shetani hii'.
A simple apology is in order.Kwa pande yangu nitamsamehe kwa sababu Makosa imefanyika.Lakini asirudie tena.
I will fight anything that may take us back to 2008/9 whether said by RAO Uhuru Ruto , Kalonzo , Martha , Wamalwa and all these pretenders to the big seat
Ulimi ni moto.Ulimi ni upanga pia.

punda amecheka
McReggae
#38 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 10:24:12 AM

Njung'e wrote:
The word Kimundu is not derogatory as such although i believe as used here,it was meant to demean.If it's true UK used the word to refer to RAO,then i would consider that disrespectful and the kind of words that will take us back to 2007/2008.An apology would be in order.

.....saying it as it is, ahsante mzee!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
kadonye
#39 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 10:31:54 AM

Uhuru intended to show his strained relations with Raila. Let's not debate that fact. Haikuwa kimundu a buddy. It was meant to show disrespect.

But I don't see why I come in. Or how this can lead to chaos again. We are used to hearing this stuff since multi-partyism was re-introduced in 1991.

Rallies in the 90s by the opposition were full of such insults with people referring to Moi with many derogatory words. Kibaki too has been a victim of insults.

UK na RAO wadeal na issues zao. If Raila was offended, he should sue UK. Tribe does not come in here unless insulting Raila is insulting the whole Luo Nation.

Let's not forget, that as much as we had incitement in the last polls, most of the people were already full of hate and thus it didn't require a major excuse for them to start hacking others!
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Burning Spear
#40 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 11:29:36 AM

am amazed by how we have wazua tribalist worse than politicians.

The issue of UK calling Rao Kimundu is their business and should not be assumed to mean that it was tribe calling the other names.
As a matter of fact,Rao himself calls others names and kenyans are expected to accept it as democracy..you stupid kenyans.
I hate hypocricy !! period !!

and supporting Raila does not mean someone is a nationalist while you support Uhuru you are a tribalist.
Wake up you people and shun hypocricy !!
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X