wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
Why are Kikuyus supporting Ruto?
newfarer
#21 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 11:58:06 AM

Wa_ithaka wrote:
This is a reality. Some of you need to get out to the mashinani to hear for yourselves.

You may be right. One old mama was telling me this 'hawa watu manamsumbua rais wetu sana' 'si waache amalizie miezi yake kumi na nane' 'si watafanya akuwe mngonjwa''Hata afadhari ruto manamsaida Kibaki'

I couldnt reply her since I was not on a level ground to reason with her.
Sometimes for the sake of peace , it's wise to shut up.
punda amecheka
Karema Hiti
#22 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 12:28:02 PM

@Much Know, apparently, you are an outright tribalist. Let leaders make optimum use of any opportunity available to bring our communities together. I am a direct victim of the PEV and I'm very clear in mind what it means by making and cultivating peace with your neighbour. You must have been among those stone miners during the 2008 fracas and celebrating when 1,300 people lost their lives and over 350K getting displaced. You have no idea what key peace holds!
Rahatupu
#23 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 12:29:12 PM

@Waithaka, I feel you brother. Sometimes I stop and wonder is it me or them who are simpletons? Was the derogatory reference to Africans as having small brains by the likes of Huge Travor Ropper, W.W Hegel and others vindicated by such actions? What has changed since the clamour for removal of madoadoa? The argument "saving our sons" is simply sickening.

@Karema Hiti, Liar there is consistency in Ruto IMHO IMPUNITY.

@Muchno, roundi hii me thinks the trend will go full cycle, it will be Kales against Luos. At this rate then your question is answered, as well as @Karema hiti, @Taz @Qd. The plain and simple truth is that WR is leading this country down the precipice once again. With Ocampo now depicted as enemy of the people, I am saddened that debate here can be so base!Sad Sad Pray
newfarer
#24 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 12:34:21 PM

Karema Hiti wrote:
@Much Know, apparently, you are an outright tribalist. Let leaders make optimum use of any opportunity available to bring our communities together. I am a direct victim of the PEV and I'm very clear in mind what it means by making and cultivating peace with your neighbour. You must have been among those stone miners during the 2008 fracas and celebrating when 1,300 people lost their lives and over 350K getting displaced. You have no idea what key peace holds!

Nyani haoni kundule.

recheck your posts too

punda amecheka
Much Know
#25 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 12:38:19 PM

@Karema whatever, you strike me as a kalenjin warrior using a kiuk name to hype your main man Ruto, it's so easy to read you.
A New Kenya
newfarer
#26 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 12:39:38 PM

Much & Karema .Stop this .
Its no good.

Peace be upon both of you.

Lets try to anaylse Waithakas worry instead of stone/spear/arrow throwing to one another.

punda amecheka
Karema Hiti
#27 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 12:42:57 PM

Rahatupu, no wonder you are not proud of who you are! I'm karema hiti and I'm so proud of my being whom I'm that I will stop at nothing to share with you my piece of mind. My mother tongue came first and it will always be my first reference point. So you would rather not expose your ignorance because you do not know the importance of peace.
Wendz
#28 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 12:47:51 PM

newfarer wrote:

I like what Wendz had written.

Wendz, can you 'undo' it due to public demand

Unfortunately, wazua does not allow that... But trust me, there is nothing close to love in this whole "mpango wa kutumiana"!!!

@Waithaka & much know, you really dont believe the kikuyu ruling elite are that stupid, now do you? .... forget the wanjikus who follow these guys blindly. What is see is someone who is too willing to bend his back to give someone a ride - to the hill or to the hague, i cant tell yet!
Njore
#29 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 12:50:34 PM

Fellow compatriots, cool down. Let us not allow emotions to overtake the power of reason.
Wendz
#30 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 12:54:47 PM

Karema Hiti wrote:

Sorry if you were truly affected by this whole issue!

Now, isn't it ironical that you actually believe that these two, who are 'suspects' of the course of your agony, are supposedly spending sleepless nights to bring peace to you and your neighbors? Dont you read in capital letters SELFISHNESS in their actions right now? I will be blunt with you, they have absolutely no interest on whether you live in tents or you live in a house! they DO NOT! all this, is for THEIR OWN GOOD! the moment you realise this, you will realise that you and your neighbours were used for someone else benefit and the same will still be done now and in future until you people realise PEACE is not brought to people in a green polythene paper... it is cultivated by the people who need it - in this case, you and your neighbours! what you should be doing right now is being the ambassador of the peace you want to see in your area and not waiting for LEADERS to "bring" peace. And this is for all of us... including we as we continue to blog....
Seeders
#31 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 12:54:50 PM

here is a simple exercise

1. write down the names of every person that has declared interest in vying for president or VP in 2012

2. for each person on the list, answer the following question:

during the PEV, did he or she come out and unambiguously call for an outright, unconditional cessation of both police and civilian violence?

therein lies your answer. maybe 0 or 0.5 persons at best.

in short, mashetani wa kisiasa ni wengi zaidi kulika malaika.
simonkabz
#32 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 1:05:59 PM

Withdrawn. What amazes me with the kenyan middle class...Kiuks fight kales....oh wot r these guys doing to themselves....Kiuks unite with kales oh a marriage of conv.....Im for the latter!!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Karema Hiti
#33 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 1:11:50 PM

Wendz, thanks for your composure & sobriety. You are right -- lasting peace will only be cultivated by we neighbours. Currently, we have different programmes to complement the various efforts that other players are putting in place to build peace amongst our comunities. However, the so-called 'ethno-hysteria' or simply 'mob thinking' is profoundly entrenched in our communities. One way of unlocking it is through our 'leaders'. Therefore, any little sign or opportunity of our 'leaders' working together will always be welcome if it can add value to what we are doing at mashinani.
simonkabz
#34 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 1:21:56 PM

Specific Kenyan politicians enjoy near fanatical following fm ordinary kenyans. They unite, the followers unite. They differ, followers differ. Im for unity. Its shocking the kind of remarks much knw n newfarer are making, completely against the spirit of reconciliation.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
petro08
#35 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 1:26:31 PM

Ladies and gentlemen. I have always assumed that wazua community is made up of guys who went to school (at least something after forth form,) and have interacted with other Kenyan's from other communities.

Some of the sentiments here appear to indicate otherwise. Or may be education however high does not seem to change the person. My father used to tell me that if education does not change you, we can only refer to it as "academic nonsense".

The debate is healthy, but let us expect some of the sentiments from other's, not the wazua community.
Rahatupu
#36 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 1:30:58 PM

Karema Hiti wrote:
Rahatupu, no wonder you are not proud of who you are! I'm karema hiti and I'm so proud of my being whom I'm that I will stop at nothing to share with you my piece of mind. My mother tongue came first and it will always be my first reference point. So you would rather not expose your ignorance because you do not know the importance of peace.

@Karema, I am suspicious of your real motive in this debate. I don't want to believe there are people who reason like you in this blog. Is your mother tongue more important than mine or your neighbours? Brick wall ! F*#
MaichBlack
#37 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 1:42:06 PM

petro08 wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen. I have always assumed that wazua community is made up of guys who went to school (at least something after forth form,) and have interacted with other Kenyan's from other communities.

Some of the sentiments here appear to indicate otherwise. Or may be education however high does not seem to change the person. My father used to tell me that if education does not change you, we can only refer to it as "academic nonsense".

The debate is healthy, but let us expect some of the sentiments from other's, not the wazua community.

Well spoken.

I also don't expect anyone who has gone to school and has also interacted with people from different communities to be tribal.

Personally I don't understand this tribal nonsense. I learnt how to speak a different Kenyan language before my mother tongue because my best friend was from that tribe and they spoke the language at [their] home. My mum was so proud. Every time she had visitors, she could tell them I could speak language x. If the visitor was of that tribe she could make sure we had a conversation in the language. This made me know that appreciating and respecting other people's cultures is something to be proud of!

When I was young, we used to play kids from all tribes, religions etc. There was no discrimination in whatever form. How certain people suddenly become 'stone age' when they are fully grown and use tribes against each other is totally beyond me.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
nostoppingthis
#38 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 1:50:52 PM

Karema Hiti wrote:
Wendz, thanks for your composure & sobriety. You are right -- lasting peace will only be cultivated by we neighbours. Currently, we have different programmes to complement the various efforts that other players are putting in place to build peace amongst our comunities. However, the so-called 'ethno-hysteria' or simply 'mob thinking' is profoundly entrenched in our communities. One way of unlocking it is through our 'leaders'. Therefore, any little sign or opportunity of our 'leaders' working together will always be welcome if it can add value to what we are doing at mashinani.

Would you repeat this if it was in the context of other tribes?
@Wendz, i missed the post you withdrew as much as I'd have loved to soma it...kuna watu wako sober hapa ndaniApplause Applause Applause Applause
nostoppingthis
#39 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 1:52:58 PM

petro08 wrote:

This reminds me of a previous post...guys went to school, yes, but mostly in schools next to their ethnic background...why? The days guys were going to schools anywhere within the country are gone!Pray Pray Pray
newfarer
#40 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 2:02:14 PM

simonkabz wrote:
Specific Kenyan politicians enjoy near fanatical following fm ordinary kenyans. They unite, the followers unite. They differ, followers differ. Im for unity. Its shocking the kind of remarks much knw n newfarer are making, completely against the spirit of reconciliation.

what have I said that is against spirit of reconciliation simon? show me & I will humbly withdraw it

newfarer wrote:
Much & Karema .Stop this .
Its no good.

Peace be upon both of you.

Lets try to anaylse Waithakas worry instead of stone/spear/arrow throwing to one another.

punda amecheka