wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
Why are Kikuyus supporting Ruto?
Wa_ithaka
#1 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 8:38:39 AM

In late 2007 and the early months of 2008, kales financed and armed by Ruto, Kiplaya Kones and other kale leaders energetically embarked on a plan to cleanse Kiuks from RV.

Fast forward 3 years later, Kikuyus are the foremost supporters of a campaign to get Ruto from a ICC prosecution. They now want to make him the PM! Are we the biggest idiots in this country? Is this how the devil blinds people?

Your enemy is my enemy and all that, but this goes beyond comprehension.

Somebody explain this bs to me because I am confused...
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
Wendz
#2 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 8:49:35 AM

Removed......
2 Miles
#3 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 9:02:58 AM

Wa_ithaka, which Kikuyu's???????? Am afraid your talking on your own behalf.
the sage
#4 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 9:11:25 AM

The only Kikuyus supporting Ruto are th e political elite. In fact I think if Raila and say Uhuru duked it out in Central, Agwambo would quash Uhuru clean.

http://www.standardmedia...000022388&cid=4&
Wa_ithaka
#5 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 9:15:14 AM

This is a reality. Some of you need to get out to the mashinani to hear for yourselves.
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
newfarer
#6 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 9:22:34 AM

Wendz wrote:
Removed......

I read what you had said.

There was nothing offensive you said ,sister .

Its good to speak your mind.Usiongope
punda amecheka
Impunity
#7 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 9:35:10 AM

Wendz wrote:
Removed......

@sister, keep kool;let the guy speak his heart;I find nothing offensive with this thread and by the way the author's nick names is from the same tribe.Shame on you
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

TAZ
#8 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 9:36:54 AM

Wa_ithaka wrote:
In late 2007 and the early months of 2008, kales financed and armed by Ruto, Kiplaya Kones and other kale leaders energetically embarked on a plan to cleanse Kiuks from RV.

Fast forward 3 years later, Kikuyus are the foremost supporters of a campaign to get Ruto from a ICC prosecution. They now want to make him the PM! Are we the biggest idiots in this country? Is this how the devil blinds people?

Your enemy is my enemy and all that, but this goes beyond comprehension.

Somebody explain this bs to me because I am confused...

So who do you think they should support, Raila perhaps?
kadonye
#9 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 9:40:58 AM

They are probably doing it to protect their sons in the icc. The ICC is a major uniting factor in politics today. Secondly, they probably cant tel the difference between him and Raila. They both participated in whipping up the tribal hate that led to the violence against Kyuks. It is a case of which devil to side with...
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
ecstacy
#10 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 9:51:22 AM

Simple - it 'gurantees' their peace and subsequently lives on the Rift Valley ground come 2012 probably for the first time in multi-party electral years. Don't underestimate this however temporary or unjust to IDP's it is.
simonkabz
#11 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 10:01:19 AM

Its rather obvious. AntiRAO, antiOCAMPO.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Karema Hiti
#12 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 10:07:26 AM

Because they have realized RAO is big liar and he cannot be trusted in the current coalition arrangement. The good thing about WR is his consistency in articulating his opinion and/or position. The way he put up a spirited campaign for the 'NO' vote against a combined forces of who is who in the Kenyan political plateau says a lot about his leadership capability.
Much Know
#13 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 10:47:36 AM

They have fallen in love with their tormentors and decided to protect them from justice, expect clashes to continue 2012, 2017 and so on. From what i saw on Louis Otieno live in Rift valley before the elections, sorry to give a blanket tribal view but kaleos huko North Rift in general hate okuyos with a deranged passion and only Ocampo (or a serious vengeful hammering) can stop them turning violent at any opportunity. If i were Kiuk, i would rather be on RAO's side ten times, forget the issue of appointments, after all he fall out with Ruto/Kosgey over the clashes and ICC issue by not taking their sides, then the kiuks just abandon the guy when he needs them over some silly appointments issue. Mutapigwa!
A New Kenya
kenmac
#14 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 10:53:11 AM

Karema Hiti wrote:
Because they have realized RAO is big liar and he cannot be trusted in the current coalition arrangement. The good thing about WR is his consistency in articulating his opinion and/or position. The way he put up a spirited campaign for the 'NO' vote against a combined forces of who is who in the Kenyan political plateau says a lot about his leadership capability.

what is consistency????? give at least two issues where WR has been consistent (20 mks)

hague trials do not form part of the answer because;

when the hague process started he said....we want hague

last week,

he was supporting MK for naming CJ to convince AU support pulling out of hague.

......Ecclesiastes
QD
#15 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 11:06:04 AM

Am from neither of their base but one thing for sure "THIS IS NOT LOVE". this is a relationship of convinience where you dine with the enemy to know their weaknesses. I can say for sure kuyos are still bitter about 2007 ( atleast Wanjiku's) and they are looking at the opportune time to hit back which for sure they will en who knows it may just be next year.

Ruto wants them to help him deal with the bigger threat RAO, they will fully help him while learning his tenets to later deal with hin swiftly.
Just my thinking.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence
TAZ
#16 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 11:16:11 AM

Much Know wrote:
They have fallen in love with their tormentors and decided to protect them from justice, expect clashes to continue 2012, 2017 and so on. From what i saw on Louis Otieno live in Rift valley before the elections, sorry to give a blanket tribal view but kaleos huko North Rift in general hate okuyos with a deranged passion and only Ocampo (or a serious vengeful hammering) can stop them turning violent at any opportunity. If i were Kiuk, i would rather be on RAO's side ten times, forget the issue of appointments, after all he fall out with Ruto/Kosgey over the clashes and ICC issue by not taking their sides, then the kiuks just abandon the guy when he needs them over some silly appointments issue. Mutapigwa!

These are the same kind of comments that led to what we witnessed in RV during the PEV, you should be ashamed of yourself. I still think that the likes of Raila, took advantage of the historical differences between these two tribes to gain political mileage. Instead of people encouraging the Kikuyus and Kalenjins to reconcile we're busy trying to divide them again based on political alliances. The Luos and Kikuyus killed each other in Nairobi, shouldn't we also questions RAO's intentions....
Much Know
#17 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 11:27:37 AM

@TAZ, PEV kicked off in North Rift in 1992, 1997, 2002, 2007 without "my kind of comments", i am not from North Rift, they have issues with Kiuks including land, not comments like mine, please think through what you are posting BEFORE YOU RUSH TO MAKE BIASED ARGUMENTS, you begin by deriding tribal arguments then continue to do the same, why not just be consistent through and through?
A New Kenya
TAZ
#18 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 11:40:06 AM

Much Know wrote:

newfarer
#19 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 11:49:29 AM

As middleclass clashes here, Kibaki and Raila are set to meet at noon today.

I'm sure the voice of reason will rule not KKK.
Kibaki is not interested in 2012 presidency he is interested in a legacy.

To the 2Big Mboys put the interest of Kenyans first.

I like what Wendz had written.

Wendz, can you 'undo' it due to public demand
punda amecheka
Much Know
#20 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 11:51:51 AM

And i had posted "sorry about giving blanket tribal views", Whats more, this thread is titled "Why are Kikuyus supporting Ruto?", did you see that? These clashes we call TRIBAL CLASHES, or, ETHNIC VIOLENCE, what kind off underlying issue does that sound like? How do you deal with it? If they are ethnic and tribal problems then the solutions are perhaps related. Why is it one community consistently sees murder and violence as a means whereas the other 41 do not? Perhaps the leaders in this community need to be taught that violence and murder is not a way to solve simple ethnic differences, that's my point, otherwise if you side with them, what will stop them from acting the same in future? You are better of using politics to bring the political weight to bear on them and make them face justice. Again, i hate to make tribal arguments but what does one do here? Politics is part and parcel of life and one has to use political opportunities such as this ones wisely, particularly kiuks.
A New Kenya