wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
the highly farcical goings-on in government...
Ric dees
#21 Posted : Friday, February 04, 2011 3:55:18 PM

It's about time if you asked me.Truth be told the middle class in Kenya has been the greatest disspointment and continue being a disgrace in society.

@Djinn you have a point, revolutions are very simple but i can't help and think we Kenyans as some-one has said suffer from ujuaji, No disrespect to any-one we will quote all and sundry and give maxims when all we need is better roads, schools,respect to the rile of law and leaders who are accountable, surely that does not need a viva!!

Below some extracts from Egyptian people:

[i][b]A nearby demonstrator, whose puffy eyes betray a week of little sleep, overhears the conversation and interrupts: “Why do you think no churches or mosques have been attacked since all police forces were removed from the city two days ago? It’s because places of worship have been protected by the population, and the neighborhood patrols.”

Pointing to a mosque on a street adjacent to the square he says, “Wounded Coptic women were taken to the mosque there and protected from the madness going on outside Friday.”
Suddenly the voice of the muezzins (prayer caller) calms the general agitation as rows of men bow in prayer. Time seems suspended while the men pray, and Christian demonstrators standing close by.

http://www.almasryalyoum...ms-and-christians-unite

Enough is surely Enough!!!

The greatest danger in times of turbulence is not the turbulence; it is to act with yesterday's logic.
Rahatupu
#22 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 10:53:59 AM

@Rahatupu - I think Karl Marx's ideologies might not hold true today because of ONE thing - technology - rural life is no longer rural life. Rural folk no longer exist in isolation and are accesible by radio, TV and MOST important, MOBILE phones. Some of those mobiles have FM. And thats just Karl Marx - have you read the Green Book? .

@ Djinn, The Green Book and the Red one (Chairman Mao's) are among my all time favourites. Yeah in certain aspects the some of the ideologies may not hold today. BUT The fact that matters most is the material condition of the rural masses and reasoning from a Marxian perspective it the material conditions that determines the peoples' ideological condition and consciousness. In our case the poverty of the rural masses is not eased by radio, TV.... it is made even more clear to them that some people (the elites) live off their backs, sweat and blood.