wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Egyptian Uprising!!
kadonye
#21 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 3:14:57 PM

masukuma wrote:
I once heard a joke -
that on Hosni's deathbed, Azrael, the archangel of death, comes down to Mubarak and tells him he must say goodbye to the Egyptian people. "Why, where are they going?" he asks.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Reminds me of the Moi days when he spread propaganda that he was the only man capable of controlling the armed forces!Moi had ruled for so long that someone suggested he be made King of Kenya!

Now Mubarak's 30years and Gadaffi's 43years must look like an eternity.
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
masukuma
#22 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 3:18:02 PM

@Rahatupu, actually uncle sam is not seeing it that way. Its the reality. the fallacy of revolutions is that they are representative, they are not. 2 million people asking you to leave seems like a huge number but in a country of 80 million - thats a minority.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#23 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 3:34:33 PM

Rahatupu wrote:
masukuma wrote:
@YesuWangu,
Lovely analysis - the so-called Muslim Brotherhood will elbow out the more rational, secularist forces and take control in Egypt. If that happens the Largest Arab Nation will become an Islamic republic. pretty soon Sharia will be law and Israel will be Foe. I pity Israel - it will be like the tongue - surrounded by menacing teeth.

@sukumawiki,@JCwanguShame on you Shame on you Liar : Could we look at the events in our own lenses. I mean must we borrow what Uncle Sam and the West think? These regimes have supported the oppressive Arab leaders since time immemorial, now the people have woken up and all they can do is preach doom. If the people decide they want to go the fundamentalist way AMEN after all it their country (mtoto akililia wembe?).

Forget the ideological overtones it all boils down to strategic interests. The problem should be whose? The peoples'? NO. Its the west that fears Islamic Brotherhood not the people. Just like Adam Smith quipped it is not for the benevolence of the butcher that we get our meat or the benevolence of the baker that we get bread but out of their selfish interests!

Let the will of the people prevail!

@Rahatupu

Well thot and presented, Israel's protection must not be based on the back's of ordinary Egptians, if the people want to live under Sharia then let them be.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
masukuma
#24 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 3:37:51 PM

The thing about democracy is that it must be all inclusive and representative - Revolts and uprisings are not Democratic. its like basing policy on Opinion polls.
In September this year the whole of Egypt will make its choice know...not an implied choice.
kadonye
#25 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 3:51:09 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

Well thot and presented, Israel's protection must not be based on the back's of ordinary Egptians, if the people want to live under Sharia then let them be.

Spare a thought for the 16 million Coptic Christians in that countrySad
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
masukuma
#26 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 3:59:13 PM

its mob psychology - people have been told Mubarak is the cause of their poverty and somehow think he is.
a country with a GDP per capita of $5,500 is impressive. but the poor as always are prime fodder for radical islamists.
simonkabz
#27 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 5:43:05 PM

I would be cautious in taking sides in this unfolding drama. Rem mob psychology corrupts the individual. For a man who has propelled a rather dry country way ahead of other more endowed African states, fostered unity n social stability, Hosni gets my praises. However, change is as good as a rest. Im for the september elections when he has vowed to quit. Nothing in this world is perfect...whether revolution or democracy, be the sober judge.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
masukuma
#28 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 6:11:47 PM

@simonkabz - as always the voice of reason.