wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Judiciary rejects KIBAKI's appointees
Mo
#1 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 3:24:04 PM

http://www.capitalfm.co....i-on-nominees-11479.html
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
kingfisher
#2 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 3:47:40 PM

Oh my Gosh....they should have stayed out of this...I mean the JSC coz constitutionally their input is not required during the process of appointing the transitional CJ. Sasa ngojea uone vile watapakwa matope!!
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
Mo
#3 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 4:12:22 PM

kingfisher wrote:
Oh my Gosh....they should have stayed out of this...I mean the JSC coz constitutionally their input is not required during the process of appointing the transitional CJ. Sasa ngojea uone vile watapakwa matope!!

On the contrary i don't think so, both the AG and the CJ are on their way out. If Ghai makes his threat real and moves to the court to have the nominations revoked, Gicheru will appoint himself to listen to the case and nullify the appointments. Baks is konad. Period!!
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Impunity
#4 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 4:16:32 PM

Impunity must be dealt with ruthlessly no matter who in Governement is committing it.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

McReggae
#5 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 4:20:01 PM

Impunity wrote:
Impunity must be dealt with ruthlessly no matter who in Governement is committing it.

hapo umenena bwana USER!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
newfarer
#6 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 4:25:16 PM

God Loves Kenya.

He will always intervene at the right time .No need to worry.

Why do people behave like they will live in this earth for eternity.

Why cant we do what is right all the time?

Am not asking Kibaki or Raila ,but even you , yes you reading this.

Lets make a little heaven on earth by doing what is right and good .Before God AND Men
punda amecheka
Rahatupu
#7 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 4:30:33 PM

Impunity wrote:

HABARI NDIO HIYO!!Applause Applause
Seeders
#8 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 4:46:32 PM

forget the other 3. all this siasa is because of one position - Chief Justice. 2012 politics.
mlennyma
#9 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 5:06:38 PM

Wisdom declines with age...and you young ones, have mercy on them even when shame is thrown to their face.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 01, 2011 10:07:10 AM

These are political games to measure RO's remaining political influence. RO lost the battle when Kibs dangled him the Mau forest carrot and he grabbed it. It looks like he's folded back to his tribal cocoon for support now, what a big blow especially after he failed terribly in Ivory Coast. I think we are witnessing the beginning of the end of an ambitious political career.

I've just realised that Kibs is an underrated genius in politics.

BBI will solve it
:)
Kirika
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 01, 2011 10:28:14 AM

@ 2012
Well put. Kibz gave RAO all the rope to hang himself and may have outfoxed RAO on this one, though i wait to see how Marende will respond since he was furnished with the list of nominees.

Bunge meanwhile is waiting to thrash RAO. Payback's a bi*ch.Laughing out loudly

As for RAO, he really wanted to have his homeboy Riaga Amollo as CJ, but Kibz in his usual character was a hardliner.

Let's wait and see how it pans out.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 01, 2011 11:10:35 AM

All in all I think that it is sad that we Kenyans are so drawn to these useless side-stories that we forget that people are dying from drought, IDPs are still unsettled, Kosgei has a case to answer, Ngilu and the gold jembes, ICC, Mau, 300,000 kids can't make it to form 1... etc.

So anyway what happens if Kibs list is approved? Won't life go on after aren't all these guys are qualified? Let's not forget the real issues.

BBI will solve it
Mo
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 01, 2011 11:23:34 AM

For the PNU & Ruto brigade to start celebrsting their success now is a bit premature. I still hold it that Marende will pull a fast one on Kibz and reject any discussions in the house till the two "consult" (whatever that means).
On the international scene Koffi is already stepped in and it's apparent that he will be lobbying the security council members to reject Kenya's request on defferal at the Icc or probably to delay the discussion on the Kenyan situation until after the Pre trial Judges make their decision on the merits of the Ocampo case.Folks,
We ain't seen the climax yet!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:14:18 PM

2012 wrote:
These are political games to measure RO's remaining political influence. RO lost the battle when Kibs dangled him the Mau forest carrot and he grabbed it. It looks like he's folded back to his tribal cocoon for support now, what a big blow especially after he failed terribly in Ivory Coast. I think we are witnessing the beginning of the end of an ambitious political career.

I've just realised that Kibs is an underrated genius in politics.

We have a case where a sitting president has posibly trashed the constitution and you are busy here praising his ingenuity.

Kweli nguruwe hujipika na mafuta yake.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:27:23 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
We have a case where a sitting president has posibly trashed the constitution and you are busy here praising his ingenuity.

Kweli nguruwe hujipika na mafuta yake.

Don't be too emotional, don't get carried away, this is Kenyan politics. Don't forget that Kibs has nothing to lose and will be retiring next year. He can afford to test the waters especially now that his immediate rival is down and out. Let's await the next opinion poll, I'm sure this time the tables have more flipped over.

BBI will solve it
extrablessed
#16 Posted : Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:28:33 PM

"2012. As mutahi ngunyi would say, Kibbs has no interest in the appointments and he does not care who gets those positions. He is a winner whether the nominees are approved or are not... All he wanted was to convince the AU to defer the ICC trials while RAO was against that...The rest are sideshows...
2 Miles
#17 Posted : Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:30:14 PM

I wouldn't call BAKS a political genius at all. What he is good at is disregarding procedure. Power got into his head a long time ago. Even before the 2007 elections, he choose ECK commissioners unprocedurally and the outcome is well known to us. Sometimes I wonder what this guys sniffs in State House coz he was different before he got there.

I would encourage everyone to read The East African's headline story ' How Kenya became a diplomatic joke '. Nick Wachira & Charles Onyango - Obbo have done a good job. This story will give you some insight on how selfish our politics really are.
newfarer
#18 Posted : Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:35:10 PM

2 Miles wrote:
I wouldn't call BAKS a political genius at all. What he is good at is disregarding procedure. Power got into his head a long time ago. Even before the 2007 elections, he choose ECK commissioners unprocedurally and the outcome is well known to us. Sometimes I wonder what this guys sniffs in State House coz he was different before he got there.

I would encourage everyone to read The East African's headline story ' How Kenya became a diplomatic joke '. Nick Wachira & Charles Onyango - Obbo have done a good job. This story will give you some insight on how selfish our politics really are.

This is a serious paper, I wonder how many of us read it.Its another intellectually stimulating media source.I love it.
punda amecheka
McReggae
#19 Posted : Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:58:19 PM

Kirika wrote:
@ 2012, As for RAO, he really wanted to have his homeboy Riaga Amollo as CJ, but Kibz in his usual character was a hardliner.

Let's wait and see how it pans out.

His homeboy Riaga Amollo??....huh, did you stop any little bit to look at his qualifications for that position or your hatred for the spelling of his name is blinding your judgement????Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
TAZ
#20 Posted : Tuesday, February 01, 2011 1:05:52 PM

extrablessed wrote:
"2012. As mutahi ngunyi would say, Kibbs has no interest in the appointments and he does not care who gets those positions. He is a winner whether the nominees are approved or are not... All he wanted was to convince the AU to defer the ICC trials while RAO was against that...The rest are sideshows...

I totally agree with you, this whole story on CJ, AG and DPP nominations was just a sideshow....MK was able to finally convince the AU Council of ministers to unanimously adopt Kenya’s Motion seeking support for a deferral of the cases filed by ICC Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo.

Did any of you notice how most of the "noisy" politicians kept quiet after MKs nominations....they didn't approve or reject.