wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Egyptian Uprising!!
Kusadikika
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 1:52:09 AM

The people of Egypt take to the streets demanding that Mubarak steps down and should not hand over power to his son.

http://edition.cnn.com/2.../egypt.protest.dissent/

If you are interested in History take a front seat for this is History unfolding right in front of our eyes.

Egypt is not only the most populous Arab Country but also the cultural and intellectual leader of the more than 200 million Arabs.

This is going to have major repercussions. Military takeover?? Democratic elections?? Hard core fundamentalists winning elections??? Relations with Israel?? Will they open that border with Gaza?? Are we going to be seeing the same uprisings in Saudi Arabia?? Somebody check the price of oil!!! It is already up 4%

http://online.wsj.com/ar...CO-20110128-714685.html

And this is just with Egypt uprising. If there is even the slightest sniff of the same happening in Saudi Arabia $200 or even $300 a barrel is not too far fetched.
youcan'tstopusnow
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 11:44:03 AM

Wacha hiyo serikali ianguke. It has done absolutely nothing for the people. I hate dynasties. Ati give his son power. Same stuff museveni is trying to pull off (of course not until he has become EA President) It's just a matter of when the Egyptian govt. is toppled. Though I can't see that happening any time in Saudi. Muslim Brotherhood wakiingia, there will be consequences in the region. But let the people decide!
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Sober
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 12:02:27 PM

the wave is wide spreading my people. as an investor, i am greatly affected because the investments will suffer to a great deal. a consortium of white cement from Egypt has been delayed because of this affecting one of our major construction works in Rwanda. just but an example.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Njung'e
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 12:12:27 PM

@Sober,
A small price to pay for the good of all Egyptians...Let democracy be.I am watching things unfold on CNN and this Mubarak better run.After dismissing the cabinet and saying he stays,protesters are gathering at Tahrir square and one funny thing is that,tanks have been deployed here but the soldiers are interacting with the people and shaking hands....They changed mind once the roaring crowd started shouting,"We are all Egyptians"
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
newfarer
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 12:22:17 PM

Njung'e wrote:
@Sober,
A small price to pay for the good of all Egyptians...Let democracy be.I am watching things unfold on CNN and this Mubarak better run.After dismissing the cabinet and saying he stays,protesters are gathering at Tahrir square and one funny thing is that,tanks have been deployed here but the soldiers are interacting with the people and shaking hands....They changed mind once the roaring crowd started shouting,"We are all Egyptians"

me likes this
punda amecheka
Elder
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 12:28:50 PM

Sober wrote:
the wave is wide spreading my people. as an investor, i am greatly affected because the investments will suffer to a great deal. a consortium of white cement from Egypt has been delayed because of this affecting one of our major construction works in Rwanda. just but an example.

I feel you. Also having personal economic effects of this.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Intelligentsia
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 12:46:36 PM

@guka, kama ni Kenya, police would be screaming 'laleni chini nyote tuwafyatue vizuri!'
away with mubarak, gamael n his dynasty crap
Jus Blazin
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 1:05:59 AM

Whatever's happening in Egypt is a Pyramid Scheme (pun intended).
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Kirika
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 8:29:03 AM

Hosni has tried to appease the masses by declaring he wont run again in September this year. But it fell flat on the demonstrators ears. Earlier, he named a VP after 30 years and still the masses are relentless.

The tide is quite high against the man; the police and the entire judiciary are with the masses, the military is sympathetic to the masses.
When push comes to shove the military will nudge him out of the door.

In the meantime Libya's strongman Gaddaffi is getting jittery, the Saudi King has condemed the riots, Jordan's Prince has fired the entire cabinet and elsewhere a Prime Minister has been axed, Bashir is frantically trying to stem off a riot by University students calling for his departure, his military Generals are not all too happy with the seccession.

This is certainly a gloomy picture for the Arab leaders.
masukuma
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 9:50:29 AM

Each of the 1.12 million Kuwaitis will get KD 1,000 ($3,572) each month in cash as well as free essential food items until March 31, 2012.
http://www.kuwaittimes.n...php?newsid=NzIxMTEyMjEz

super bribe! - WAPI PLO?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
YesuWangu
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 9:53:57 AM

Kirika wrote:

Hosni has tried to appease the masses by declaring he wont run again in September this year. But it fell flat on the demonstrators ears. Earlier, he named a VP after 30 years and still the masses are relentless.

The tide is quite high against the man; the police and the entire judiciary are with the masses, the military is sympathetic to the masses.
When push comes to shove the military will nudge him out of the door.

In the meantime Libya's strongman Gaddaffi is getting jittery, the Saudi King has condemed the riots, Jordan's Prince has fired the entire cabinet and elsewhere a Prime Minister has been axed, Bashir is frantically trying to stem off a riot by University students calling for his departure, his military Generals are not all too happy with the seccession.

This is certainly a gloomy picture for the Arab leaders.

This may or may not be good. There is need for caution here.

Looking at history, Iran to be specific, they had almost similar protests way back in 1979 against the oppressive Shah. These were led by the ordinary citizens claiming democratic rights, yet it is the radical islamists led by the Ayatollah Khomeini were the ones who ultimately seized control and turned Iran into a sharia state.

Opposition to the religious rule of the clergy was often met with harsh punishments, abuses being likened to Jews and calling fatwa on them.

So I get uncomfortable when almost-secular or 'not-so-islamicised' governments in the Arab world are unwanted in such manner. It is a perfect opportunity for al kawaida to get a foot hold and upset a few world events in the future.
kadonye
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 11:36:04 AM

masukuma wrote:
Each of the 1.12 million Kuwaitis will get KD 1,000 ($3,572) each month in cash as well as free essential food items until March 31, 2012.
http://www.kuwaittimes.n...php?newsid=NzIxMTEyMjEz

super bribe! - WAPI PLO?
250,000 per month for free?I want to be Kuwaiti!
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Robinhood
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 12:49:34 PM

There is trouble in Tunisia, Eqypt, Jordan, Sudan, and Yemen. Some guys who have been in power for eons now fear people power. It is no wonder that the house of Saud is so worried that the contagion will reach its borders and the Kuwaiti leaders want to bribe their citizens.
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
raszag
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 2:21:38 PM

Mubarak supporters have now poured into the streets saying majority of Egyptians are with the Prezo and that the 1m camping at the square are a minority..The two groups are separated by the Military...Things will turn Nasty soon with Mubarak staying put....The military are still with the prezzo and have asked the protesters to call off the protests since their message has 'sank' in
Hardwork, Smartness & Humility = Successful and Happy life...Jipange sasa hivi
mzeekijana
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 2:30:32 PM

The beauty of this protest:
*some are protesting in Engilsh.
*Some in Arabic.
*Some in Hebrew.
*Some in French.
*May be in Swahili also...Sad
*There is a 5 times rest in the day (During Prayers).
*The first day of riots ... soon after prayer you can smash the head of a policeman (Now it's peaceful).
*They filth the place and the next day b4 starting the protest they clean the area the start dartening it....smile

I am loving it.....
masukuma
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 2:33:00 PM

@YesuWangu,
Lovely analysis - the so-called Muslim Brotherhood will elbow out the more rational, secularist forces and take control in Egypt. If that happens the Largest Arab Nation will become an Islamic republic. pretty soon Sharia will be law and Israel will be Foe. I pity Israel - it will be like the tongue - surrounded by menacing teeth.
masukuma
#17 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 2:39:37 PM

I once heard a joke -
that on Hosni's deathbed, Azrael, the archangel of death, comes down to Mubarak and tells him he must say goodbye to the Egyptian people. "Why, where are they going?" he asks.
Rahatupu
#18 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 2:54:18 PM

masukuma wrote:
@YesuWangu,
Lovely analysis - the so-called Muslim Brotherhood will elbow out the more rational, secularist forces and take control in Egypt. If that happens the Largest Arab Nation will become an Islamic republic. pretty soon Sharia will be law and Israel will be Foe. I pity Israel - it will be like the tongue - surrounded by menacing teeth.

@sukumawiki,@JCwanguShame on you Shame on you Liar : Could we look at the events in our own lenses. I mean must we borrow what Uncle Sam and the West think? These regimes have supported the oppressive Arab leaders since time immemorial, now the people have woken up and all they can do is preach doom. If the people decide they want to go the fundamentalist way AMEN after all it their country (mtoto akililia wembe?).

Forget the ideological overtones it all boils down to strategic interests. The problem should be whose? The peoples'? NO. Its the west that fears Islamic Brotherhood not the people. Just like Adam Smith quipped it is not for the benevolence of the butcher that we get our meat or the benevolence of the baker that we get bread but out of their selfish interests!

Let the will of the people prevail!
mzeekijana
#19 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 2:55:01 PM

masukuma wrote:
I once heard a joke -
that on Hosni's deathbed, Azrael, the archangel of death, comes down to Mubarak and tells him he must say goodbye to the Egyptian people. "Why, where are they going?" he asks.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly This is very cute...Laughing out loudly ...Ati where are they goin???
kingfisher
#20 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 3:02:39 PM

They are all going home...Yemen president will not contest another term....sweet words these are!!

http://english.aljazeera...02/2011228541277951.html
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.