wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

The KKK Hullabaloo
Njore
#1 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 11:39:58 AM

Our media are notorius for labelling, blending, branding, packaging and re-packaging the political class in the country. They successfully did it between in 2005 and 2007 and pitted one community against the rest of Kenyans. The country will take a number of decades to recover from the aftermaths. We should not allow this trend to take root as we approach another electoneering season (2012). As responsible citizen, let us lead in preaching peace, eating peace, drinking peace and sharing peace where ever were are. God bless our nation.
nostoppingthis
#2 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 1:32:38 PM

Njore wrote:
Our media are notorius for labelling, blending, branding, packaging and re-packaging the political class in the country. They successfully did it between in 2005 and 2007 and pitted one community against the rest of Kenyans. The country will take a number of decades to recover from the aftermaths. We should not allow this trend to take root as we approach another electoneering season (2012). As responsible citizen, let us lead in preaching peace, eating peace, drinking peace and sharing peace where ever were are. God bless our nation.

Not that the media is right in continuing the trend, but the 3 individuals started the name...hard to erase from Kenyan minds what their intentions were....
kivairu
#3 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 3:51:52 PM

@ Njore, i agree with you entirely.The media in kenya is anti-development, just dwelling on sensationalizing headlines. when there was severe drought last year and efforts were being made to reclaim the mau, instead of highlighting on the efforts, all the headlines splashing on all the dailies were about the fall out between rao and ruto over the exercise and how the kalenjns were now forming a new political outfit, UDM, as the aftermath on the fall out.Have you ever heard of the mau restoration efforts gain?

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein.
Wendz
#4 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 3:57:32 PM

kivairu wrote:
@ Njore, i agree with you entirely.The media in kenya is anti-development, just dwelling on sensationalizing headlines. when there was severe drought last year and efforts were being made to reclaim the mau, instead of highlighting on the efforts, all the headlines splashing on all the dailies were about the fall out between rao and ruto over the exercise and how the kalenjns were now forming a new political outfit, UDM, as the aftermath on the fall out.Have you ever heard of the mau restoration efforts gain?

As much as i agree with you, on this particular issue, the politicians coined the name and now they are quickly disowning it... infact, i saw WR had asked about kenyans thoughts on the same way back on his facebook page.... i bet he was testing waters... Kalonzo himself was on video telling us what the KKK means.... and now he thinks we are all suffering from dementia...
Mo
#5 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 4:32:09 PM

I absolutely have no qualms with the 3 fellows carrying the tag. They consumated it themselves; it's only after realising the flip side damage it's gonna inflict of them that they are crying foul!!!
we are not idiots.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
2 Miles
#6 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 4:44:55 PM

@ kivairu & njore.... I agree with u. The media in Kenya is not doin well @ all. They focus on politics too much. If its not Ruto n UDM , its KKK bullshit or cheap politics surrounding the ICC. I think why they focus on such issues is because political stories don't demand alot of research. And even objectivity lacks in these stories... what I hear most of the time is opinions.

But on the KKK issue, the 3 characters should stop thinking we are stupid and ignorant. Kalonzo and Ruto having made clear their intentions. And you dnt need to be a genius to see their gameplan. And to make matters worse, the CEO of Kenya is involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD HELP US.
willin2learn
#7 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 5:48:48 PM

These guys have realised that the Whirubaru(hullabaloo) they created called KKK will come a cropper! And now they are disowning it by dragging the media there!
Impunity
#8 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 5:55:24 PM

Washindwe!
Na media waendelee kuita viyo hivyo.I like it when tribal Mpigs are been shown where they belong.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.