3 Pages<123
Kenya's case may fry the ICC
Impunity
#41 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 10:19:54 AM

smith01 wrote:
Kalonzo is confused!

Talk about shuttle confusion!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

kivairu
#42 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 11:03:01 AM

ICC here we come.Some background info here.Part of the reason we went to hell and back in 2008 is because no one wanted to go to court to challenge the results.why? because no one had faith in the judicial system.Nothing has changed since then. Equally , knowing the cover-ups here, wealthy guys like uk can just ask, whats the bill? Even in $$$$$ i want to buy this case out of the courts once and for all.Small nuisance in my fantasy dreams state house!. I bet you guys, none of these big shots can successfully be prosecuted and convicted in Kenya.Not in this lifetime.

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein.
Njore
#43 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 11:22:54 AM

Both the GoK and the ICC are in a catch-22 situation. It will be extremely hard for the GoK to convince its citizenry why they are seeking a deferral whileas we have not heard of even the smallest fly (read mobs) being fried in our local courts. On the other hand, it will be foolhardy for ICC to be seen to create further instability within the region by stirring up the Kenyan political landscape. The chaotic situation being witnessed in Somalia and the impending secession of Southern Sudan are enough headache for the Eastern Africa region. Perhaps, the timing of ICC release of the Ocampo six was not well though out. My prediction is that Ocampo will be compelled by circumstances to re-schedule his plan of action.
KulaRaha
#44 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 11:53:29 AM

Putting Muthaura in jail will not cause political instability in the East African Region, that I can promise you.

In fact, it will only cause instability in his own home, and perhaps a small hiccup at State House...which will be ironed out easily.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
YesuWangu
#45 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 1:43:54 PM

Instability? In the region? Aaww, come on! Like the accused are gods? I cannot believe this!

Ati instability in the region??!! Its this kind of awe we have on individuals that has done us. Ati instability in the region!!!???

Or are we being threatened in so many words? Wakwende!

Hague! For me!
TAZ
#46 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 2:49:51 PM

gk wrote:
......could it be that we are supporting ICC to satisfy our deep hidden urge to see the mighty in society humiliated/punished and not necessarily coz we believe ICC will offer justice?

...how about the rest of the killers, rapists and thiefs who were on the ground? ICC too?

...how about compensation for the victims? ICC too?

....yes I want justice to prevail but am not convinced ICC's naming of 4 individuals (the case may even be lost) will serve this purpose.

Few months back before naming of the six suspects some people here were against ICC but after the list came out they somehow changed their minds. Now every sentence they make has hague written all over.....d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
kingfisher
#47 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 3:03:23 PM

Gaddafi backs Kenya bid on ICC

See http://www.capitalfm.co....ICC-11439.html#comments

yeye ni MYS!!!! ABK!!!
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
newfarer
#48 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 3:06:03 PM

kingfisher wrote:
Gaddafi backs Kenya bid on ICC

See http://www.capitalfm.co....ICC-11439.html#comments

yeye ni MYS!!!! ABK!!!

After Egypt , the protests well head to his homeland.Maybe he is looking for a place to be a Saudi arabia for him once things get thick at home
punda amecheka
simonkabz
#49 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 3:36:12 PM

NO ONE HAS ADRESSED THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD. Kila mtu ni ku-undress tu....Let me clarify/rephrase...How will the ICC be affected by Kenya's case?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Mo
#50 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 4:39:57 PM

@Simonkabz,
in the unlikely event that the pre-trial chamber dismisses the 2 cases, then the Ocampo 6 will become overnight celebs esspecially so for one Joshua arap. The ICC will loose face and may not push any other African case for a while. Should indictment be issued aganist all 6, then the kenyan political landscape will have changed forever; moreso with the current reformist constitution and a populace fatigued by the current political class.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.