#21 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:17:40 PM

kadonye wrote:
I abstain

kama Kalonzooooooooooo
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
kadonye
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:21:28 PM

Kalonzo ako upande wa local tribunal!:Shame on you
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
smith01
#23 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:25:52 PM

Kalonzo is confused!
Kirika
#24 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:29:30 PM

Today's cartoon in Nation confirms my fears.

As for me ICC does it.
KulaRaha
#25 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:58:47 PM

kadonye wrote:
Kalonzo ako upande wa local tribunal!:Shame on you

Jana local tribunal, leo ICC, kesho sijui...
Rahatupu
#26 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:59:29 PM

TAZ wrote:
Both are useless......The hague has already lost credibility and Kenyans are not so hopefully anymore while we all know how a local tribunal will end. Lets just get rid of ruto, Kalonzo, Uhuru, Mk, Rao and the rest.

TAZ, the only and sure way of riding Kenya of the above named individuals is not VAGUE ni HAGUE, wacha waende.

BTW @Simo, why are you preempting Hague?, given the options of Hague vs local tribunal I would not be vague njia ni HAGUE
the sage
#27 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 5:03:22 PM

I'm for Hague. ICC.
@Simon Kabz, the killing of 1,000 people, raping of women and children and displacing 300,000 is TRIVIAL.
And as for your assertion that other African countries will follow, count out South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana, Mauritius and basically all countries that are not yet banana republics.

Obi 1 Kanobi
#28 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 5:37:08 PM

I say HAGUE

We must set an example of someone, anyone before 2012 elections, for sure it cannot be done by a local tribunal that needs the parliament controlled by Mpigs to set up.

"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
simonkabz
#29 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 5:48:42 PM

Most African states arent fans of the ICC n Kenya's issue might just b the final straw....
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
gk
#30 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:00:01 PM

......could it be that we are supporting ICC to satisfy our deep hidden urge to see the mighty in society humiliated/punished and not necessarily coz we believe ICC will offer justice?

...how about the rest of the killers, rapists and thiefs who were on the ground? ICC too?

...how about compensation for the victims? ICC too?

....yes I want justice to prevail but am notconvinced ICC's naming of 4 individuals (the case may even be lost) will serve this purpose.

...and certainly we aren't anywhere close to the worst abusers of human rights on earth; and your friends from the West will tell you that judicial independence "depends".

...No i will NOT support sending of fellow Kenyans to foreign soil to be tried. However long it takes we will fight here and ensure they are tried locally, jailed at Kodiaga and the cells keys thrown into the lake.
kadonye
#31 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:41:22 PM

I still remain indifferent.Whichever route na ifuatwe.I think this is a good starting point but as I have argued here before, the actual morons who committed the crimes should be facing trial too.Trying the inciter only makes the assumption that the thugs who committed those crimes are robots controlled by the hague suspects!
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
For Sport
#32 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:08:19 PM

kadonye wrote:
I abstain

Don't be VAGUE.
the sage
#33 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 8:47:38 AM

simonkabz wrote:
@sage, seems u dnt knw kenyans 4sure. Plus I totally disagree with u on the states that might follow kenya. I hav listened to a ugandan, nigerian n s. african professors. My friend u have no facts, Africa hates the ICC n Kenya's issue might just b the final straw....

It is not a matter of liking the ICC or not. Kenya wants will definitely need donor money to support our ridcoulously high budget.
Should we pull out, no money and the technocrats at Treasury know that the West in not bluffing.
And this sovereign balderdash.
The GoK says it's sovereign and when there is a drought or a flood, it is the first to go begging for food abroad.
There is only one adjective; pathetic.

the sage
#34 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 8:56:03 AM

gk wrote:
......could it be that we are supporting ICC to satisfy our deep hidden urge to see the mighty in society humiliated/punished and not necessarily coz we believe ICC will offer justice?

...how about the rest of the killers, rapists and thiefs who were on the ground? ICC too?

....yes I want justice to prevail but am notconvinced ICC's naming of 4 individuals (the case may even be lost) will serve this purpose.

...and certainly we aren't anywhere close to the worst abusers of human rights on earth; and your friends from the West will tell you that judicial independence "depends".

...No i will NOT support sending of fellow Kenyans to foreign soil to be tried. However long it takes we will fight here and ensure they are tried locally, jailed at Kodiaga and the cells keys thrown into the lake.

That is true. But even under the Penal Code it is possible to prosecute the rapists, arsonists and murderers. But we should ask ourselves why NO ONE has ever been found guilty 2 years after the crimes were committed.
It is clear that the justice will never be delivered by the crop of leaders we have.
nostoppingthis
#35 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 9:23:29 AM

kadonye wrote:
I still remain indifferent.Whichever route na ifuatwe.I think this is a good starting point but as I have argued here before, the actual morons who committed the crimes should be facing trial too.Trying the inciter only makes the assumption that the thugs who committed those crimes are robots controlled by the hague suspects!

How about the financiers and organizers?
newfarer
#36 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 9:28:19 AM

the sage wrote:
gk wrote:

That is true. But even under the Penal Code it is possible to prosecute the rapists, arsonists and murderers. But we should ask ourselves why NO ONE has ever been found guilty 2 years after the crimes were committed.
It is clear that the justice will never be delivered by the crop of leaders we have.

2008/2009/2010 and Jan 2011 3 years 1 month .Tutangoja till 2090
punda amecheka
KulaRaha
#37 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 9:30:28 AM

simonkabz wrote:
@sage, seems u dnt knw kenyans 4sure. Plus I totally disagree with u on the states that might follow kenya. I hav listened to a ugandan, nigerian n s. african professors. My friend u have no facts, Africa hates the ICC n Kenya's issue might just b the final straw....

If SA ever pulls out of ICC then Kaloozer can also become President!!!

Keep waiting sunshine...just because we have a continent of dictators does not mean justice cannot be served...

Look at Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria and now Yemen...hope that revolt spreads...some old fools might not make it to the AU summit in Addis to drink brandy and have hookers...
TAZ
#38 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 9:38:36 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Keep waiting sunshine...just because we have a continent of dictators does not mean justice cannot be served...

Look at Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria and now Yemen...hope that revolt spreads...some old fools might not make it to the AU summit in Addis to drink brandy and have hookers...

Most of these leaders have been in power for the last 30 years....i believe what is happening in these countries is almost similar to what Kenya did in 2002
the sage
#39 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 9:51:01 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Exactly, it is the people who protested not the dictators. I doubt SA would pull out of ICC.
Zuma is tactful despite his other failings.
http://www.sudantribune....ys-it-will-arrest,35817
KulaRaha
#40 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 10:05:42 AM

All this wastage of tax payers money and international ridicule just to save Muthaura...what a shame!!!