wazua Thu, May 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Charging for my work online
ProverB
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:35:41 AM

How would you value and charge a person interested in posting your articles on their website.. with traffic of atleast 10,000 a day??
..Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven...Matt5:16
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version
rasilio
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:38:29 AM

ati charge them? they should charge you!
ProverB
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:56:51 AM

rasilio wrote:

they're are using my work to appeal to a segment they have no capacity to reach..

they called me.. i don't need em.. so they offered cash.. what should i take?
..Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven...Matt5:16
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version
mukiha
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:05:34 PM

rasilio wrote:

@rasilio; why would the website charge for carrying your article? Unless it is an advert, I don't see any other reason. If there is any payment to be made it MUST be to the writer - not the site! Otherwise there is no payment.

Imagine the situation where people pay to get published; what would that do to quality of writing? It would go down the drain, wouldn't it.

Any way: @ProverB the way to charge should not be related to the amount of money or traffic the site gets! Suppose you were selling maize on whole-sale; would you peg your price on the retail price or on the cost of acquiring the grains?

It's the same with writing. Peg your price on the amount of time it will take to do the article. Ask yourself how much you would charge per hour.

Eventually, the price you quote will depend on length of the article, so you can quote so many shillings per 100 words.

How many? That depends on your expertise.
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.