wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Toyota Caldina TV/DVD/Navi .....HELP please?
Tebes
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:38:56 AM

I recently got a Caldina Unit with the above options. The screen language in use is Japanese which I dont have a hint about.

1. Can it be configured to play ordinary dvd movies? and how? Sad

2. Where can I get an english version of the car manual. (The one I got is in Japanese)Sad

3. Can the TV be set to show local stations?Sad

The car's performance, stability etc is very good (of course other than the above).
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
Thanks
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
Vj
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 4:48:45 PM

From what i have experienced about japanese cars is that the DVD player doen't work, but the tv will work (very poor clarity though). For the radio you will only get FM till 88Mhz, you can install an expander though.

My advice to you will be to install another system, the sony double-din DVD players go for about 40,000 and you will love it.

For the manuals it will be hard to get them in Engish as the Caldina was never meant to be exported out of Japan.
Before you can be be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.
peep
#3 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 1:58:39 PM

I have the same problem with my Harrier. The TV worked poorly until the day I put in the expander, when it completely died.

As for getting another system, it would look so out of place with the wood panelling of the car so I opted not to change a thing. But if anybody has another suggestion....
Intelligentsia
#4 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 3:00:07 PM

peep wrote:
I have the same problem with my Harrier. The TV worked poorly until the day I put in the expander, when it completely died.

As for getting another system, it would look so out of place with the wood panelling of the car so I opted not to change a thing. But if anybody has another suggestion....

peep,i faced a similar problem n wanted to put a DVD system in my Harrier but the thought of a jua kali fellow opening up the dash/ panelling to fix the system just put me off. Initially had wanted to fix it at paksounds bt sm guys discouraged me saying they give the work to some guys who aren't that experienced like zamani when they were all the rage. West sounds Nbi West effed up my previous ride's disc changer Sad
Lets hope we can get a suggestion
mjuaji wa stocks
#5 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 3:33:34 PM

Sasa .... this tells me ..... hapana nunua gari iliyo na TV / Navi ... DVD coz ni xpensive for nothing!!

Afadhali iliyo na CD Changer!!
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

Tebes
#6 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 3:41:54 PM

Vj wrote:
From what i have experienced about japanese cars is that the DVD player doen't work, but the tv will work (very poor clarity though). For the radio you will only get FM till 88Mhz, you can install an expander though.

My advice to you will be to install another system, the sony double-din DVD players go for about 40,000 and you will love it.

For the manuals it will be hard to get them in Engish as the Caldina was never meant to be exported out of Japan.

Thanks. The thought of modifying the cosy dashboard screen sends shivers as I fear poor workmanship. The CD changer works perfectly well, sound system perfect maybe I will have to contend with that for the time being.

The screen will be for the reverse and side camera displays though.
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
marima
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 9:23:18 PM

Si kwa ubaya, but could someone please explain to me why you need a DVD or TV in the car??? Arent the ones in your houses enuff???? Some of these doidos guys look for are just beyond me. If the music system is working well then what more do you want????
peep
#8 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 9:03:27 AM

@marima, quite right, indeed the dvd is not my priority, it is the radio I have a problem with. The expanders available come in either 10Mhz or 12Mhz, this means that with either expander you miss some channels. I have opted for the 12Mhz so I can get BBC, but in the process now cant get the higher frequencies. I really wish I could get a good fm tuner with a cd drive that will play mp3, which I also cant with my current system. For mp3 play back I have tried the FM modulators which transmit the mp3 signal to the radio, but the output is nothing to write home about.
subaru
#9 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 9:34:39 AM

the best choice today is to fit a sony car audio which is available in many specs and fits well in most jap cars.I personally fit them and many customers like them my only issue is the cars whose stereos are custom made i hate modifying them .
peep
#10 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 12:03:44 PM

@subaru, weka phone contact/email we talk.
subaru
#11 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 8:53:51 AM

pole 4 the late reply my email is john5029393@yahoo.com .If u want your xjap car fitted with a usb sony car audio or xpander email me .