wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Langata Road Car Wash
Euge
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 10:05:04 PM

Wazuans,

Gentle ladies and men, do you have experience with the "high tech" car wash that I hear is on Langata road which washes a car in 5 minutes? Is it effective? Does it clean on the inside (seats, carpet etc...)How much would they charge a saloon car and a van?

Thanks.smile
Lord, thank you!
Aguytrying
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 10:10:04 PM

I think you posted this thread in the wrong forum.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Euge
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 10:32:34 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
I think you posted this thread in the wrong forum.

How do I move the topic to advice section? @ Wendz, I need tutorials here.
Lord, thank you!
jasonhill
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 10:43:19 PM

I was in Mumbai once and saw a guy painting a car. He was getting paint all over the window glass, mirrors, etc. So I asked him:

"No masking tape?"

He laughs and says:

"Come back tomorrow."

So the next day, I see the guy standing there, watching carefully as another guy carefully scrapes all over-running paint from the mirrors and glass and trim and such. I mean, this is going to take the guy all day to do what would have taken an extra 5 minutes using masking tape.

The guy looks at me and says:

"Much cheaper than your masking tape."

So, with all the street boys out there, why on earth would I spend US$50,000 on an automated car wash, that will indeed break down and need costly repair? Those things don't even make good money here in the US, where labor is expensive. And they put fine scratches on the paint of cars, because either they blast the water too high and hard with air compressors, or they use harsh dirty brushes. And wait until your air compressor and change machine gets stolen in the middle of the night- another common problem with US automated car washes. Nah, once my BMW starts looking scratchy and needs a REAL triple-over Zaino wax job that only a real human hand can provide, I'm going to sue your car wash in open court for damaging my property. And that's another thing- automated car washes are not precision instruments. If a car isn't in perfect condition, it will rip parts right off of them!!!

I'd stay away from investing in automated car washes. Google "car wash damage" if you don't believe me. Please heed my warnings! If you want to make money in the car wash business, hire beautiful women in bikinis to wash the cars and have them sell calendars of their own photo shoots (legal and tasteful of course).
MaichBlack
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:17:54 PM

Euge wrote:
Wazuans,

Gentle ladies and men, do you have experience with the "high tech" car wash that I hear is on Langata road which washes a car in 5 minutes? Is it effective? Does it clean on the inside (seats, carpet etc...)How much would they charge a saloon car and a van?

Thanks.smile

Last time I heard about a car washing machine in Kenya they were charging kshs. 400. These machines don't do interiors. For that, you pay extra and it is done by humans. These machines are unnecessary in Kenya because labour is extremely cheap and humans do a better job than the machines anyway. One more thing, the machines in Kenya are 2nd hand older models.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Euge
#6 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 8:38:58 AM

Thanks MaichB. Actually am most interested in the interior so they dont solve my problem.
Lord, thank you!
iKenya
#7 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 9:07:16 AM

Even the automated carwashes, interiors are done manually, mainly because every car interior is unique and you cannot 'configure' a machine on how to clean it.....what if it sucks up your ka-teddy bear as trash?
Quote:
Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own...
tony stark
#8 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 9:12:56 AM

I think it is a good idea. I hate waiting for my car to be washed. It takes 30 minutes if i am lucky enough not to be waiting in line and it takes over 2 hours if there is a queue. 5 minutes to have the car washed brilliant idea. The cost might be a bit prohibitive though.

@ maichblack the cars the machine is washing are also second hand older models. It's a perfect match!!!