wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Apple ipad vs Samsung galaxy tab
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 2:15:23 PM

I have an ipad but I'm hearing many good things about the galaxy tab including sim card slot for internet and calls, and it can fit in pocket. Anybody here with one and what are your thoughts/review?

BBI will solve it
:)
KenyanLyrics
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 2:59:09 PM

They are just both big versions of iPhone and Android phones(without call functionality)
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 6:25:00 PM

KenyanLyrics wrote:
They are just both big versions of iPhone and Android phones(without call functionality)

Are you sure? I heard you can call with the galaxy.

BBI will solve it
iKenya
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 10:23:19 AM

The Tab has call functionality, but looks ridiculous once you raise it to your ear, it has smaller screen compared to the Ipad, but still, its a welcome alternative to the ipad, similar if not superior functionality, but in terms of actual 'wow' factor plus multimedia capability, the ipad is superior.

IMO, stick to the Ipad.
Quote:
Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own...
jasonhill
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:32:07 AM

What about the US$100 Generic Android Tablets? They give you most of the functionality of an iPad at one fifth of the price. Sure the iPhone is a little sleeker, but for five times the price? I'm shocked and amazed that everyone on this thread hasn't flown KQ direct to Guangzhou and bought as many as they could for double what they paid, all over the country.

Touchscreen, Wi-Fi, SD Card Slot, built-in memory, bluetooth, mic, camera, speaker, audio in and out and the wide range of Android Apps out there for 8000 Ksh? Come on Wazuans! Not everything has to be a US name brand! All this stuff is made in the same factories in China!

Go get this stuff and set up your stores and outsell the merchants! Young Money!
erifloss
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 12:34:33 PM

@Jasonhill, i agree with you. Most of these items are assembled in China, with time they have come to understand the technology used. GE realised this too and they have shifted most of their operations to China. US is becoming less of a frontier in technological advancement as compared to India and China.....
'They say money cannot buy me happiness but when i compare when i had none and now, i'm happier' Kevin O'leary
the deal
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 12:43:53 PM

Why dont you join our fan page on facebook for anything Apple..we will have the ipad 2 when it drops just search Nanodog Kenya on facebook plus with the strengthening shilling against the Rand...expect mega deals on gadgets...
KulaRaha
#8 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 9:20:43 AM

Andriod still hasn't released an os specifically for pads...all these andriod products use the same os as for phones. This has issues with screen resolution etc.

As for me, ipad2 is coming, rumored to be announced on 9 Feb...I cant wait....now if only ios4 could run flash, I'd have everything I want!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
#9 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 1:00:34 PM

iKenya wrote:

The Tab has call functionality, but looks ridiculous once you raise it to your ear

Do you really know the gadget or you're just guessing? Of course it would look ridiculous if you put the entire gadget on your ear and I guess that's why they added external connections for calling (earphones and mic).

On another note I think I'll take Kularaha's advice and await the ipad2. I hope they have an option of the Android size, I love how it fits in my jeans pocket. Any idea on who might be selling the accessories especially leather cover/s)

BBI will solve it
manuPK
#10 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 1:33:18 PM

2012 wrote:
iKenya wrote:

The Tab has call functionality, but looks ridiculous once you raise it to your ear

Do you really know the gadget or you're just guessing? Of course it would look ridiculous if you put the entire gadget on your ear and I guess that's why they added external connections for calling (earphones and mic).

Remember a smart innovation called 'a bluetooth headset?'

Both IPad & Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab call functionality can be used in a quiet environment using the external speakers+in-built microphone for a conversation.
Entrepreneurship is a cognitive bias. They can’t teach it to you.
KulaRaha
#11 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 2:44:51 PM

2012 wrote:
iKenya wrote:

On another note I think I'll take Kularaha's advice and await the ipad2. I hope they have an option of the Android size, I love how it fits in my jeans pocket. Any idea on who might be selling the accessories especially leather cover/s)

Ipad 2 will blow this tab out of the water...double the resolution, memory up to 128 gb, sd card slot, better speakers, dual core processor...you cant compare!!

As for size, Steve Jobs said no on will buy 7 inch pads...lets see if he's right.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
#12 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 5:07:58 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
As for size, Steve Jobs said no on will buy 7 inch pads...lets see if he's right.

Speaking of Steve Jobs, is all well with him? Will he make another come back or he's taking his final bow? I hope this is not another Patrick Swayze story.

BBI will solve it
iKenya
#13 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 9:16:43 PM

@2012, I know the gadget quite well, part of what I do is gadget/technology reviews so (have done so for both FYI), I was giving you my two cents, we review as-is, as opposed to what accessories you can add.

ManuPK, the ipad still doesn’t have any apple sanctioned GSM call functionality; the best you can get from them is through Skype.

Just look at the official advert for the Tab, part of it involves exactly that, lifting it to your ear! As it goes, the specs of the tab are great, it’s just weighed down by the 'medium rare' android (froyo) platform, until this becomes well done, it’s the best you can hope to get from it for now.

As for waiting for the Ipad, part of the apple employs the same strategy as the local drug dealer, every day (year) there is some 'stronger and better' stuff just for you

As for now though, all other manufacturers are trying to play catch up to apple.

My 2 cents.

Quote:
Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own...
manuPK
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 11:31:03 AM

iKenya wrote:

ManuPK, the ipad still doesn’t have any apple sanctioned GSM call functionality; the best you can get from them is through Skype.

My bad, always thought the GSM funtionality included calls....just confirmed, it's for data only. Thanks iKenya.
Entrepreneurship is a cognitive bias. They can’t teach it to you.