wazua Sat, May 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

How to do accounting
hello
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:22:58 AM

Please advise how can i keep account of my purchases and sales of shares. i.e. when i buy shares i pay commission when i sale shares i pay commission. + the price.

At the end of the day when i want to know my cost + profit + loss. How can i check it? Which is the best program / package for that.
I want to be a millionaire.
mzeekijana
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:15:26 AM

Do u realy need a programme to keep track of your shares performance? I don't think so.Kwani wewe ni Fund Manager? Just use a simple Excell sheet that's it.
cupture the following details
name of stock,date purchased,purchase qty,purchase price,commission paid,total cost of purchase,dividends received,net cost sfter div,cost per unit.....sell date,qty sold,sell price,proceeds of sale,commission paid,net proceeds,profit/loss on sell...net#shares outstanding...and list goes on and on...Just apply formulas and u r done...
hello
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:17:48 AM

Please advise how can i keep account of my purchases and sales of shares. i.e. when i buy shares i pay commissions, when i sale shares i pay commissions + the price.

At the end of the day when i want to know my cost + profit + loss. How can i check it? Which is the best program / package for that.
FUNKY
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:36:46 AM

go to mystocks.co.ke
hello
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:47:31 AM

mzeekijana wrote:
Do u realy need a programme to keep track of your shares performance? I don't think so.Kwani wewe ni Fund Manager? Just use a simple Excell sheet that's it.
cupture the following details
name of stock,date purchased,purchase qty,purchase price,commission paid,total cost of purchase,dividends received,net cost sfter div,cost per unit.....sell date,qty sold,sell price,proceeds of sale,commission paid,net proceeds,profit/loss on sell...net#shares outstanding...and list goes on and on...Just apply formulas and u r done...

That is what i m doing now...but wana upgrade my self....