wazua Sat, Sep 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Commercial building under construction collapses in Kiambu
mkristo
#1 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 1:42:00 PM

I hear of several injuries,dont know about any fatalities.

What is happening to our Government? Where are Governement officials when such buildings are put up?

each day is a gift from God; I dont know if I will be here tomorrow; should I be,I'll make the most of it for God's glory; should I be not,pick up and keep the legacy
jaribu
#2 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 2:04:00 PM

the owner of that building is most likely sipping beer without a care in the world knowing only to well nothing will happen. actually in such situations,nothing ever happens! welcome to impunity land. how many buildings have we seen collapsing in kisii,river rd,naivasha etc. in kiambu no one will be arrested. no statements will be taken. the contractor will not be blacklisted. it's will be business as usual. who wants to bet?

OnLy deaD FiSh gO WiTh tHe floW....!
mwenza
#3 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 3:04:00 PM

There was a guy in the morning who was boasting how he used his,pray,Mpig to influence his drawings approvals. May be that is his building.

WOULD RATHER DIE FIGHTING 4 MY RIGHTS THAN LIVE FOREVER WITHOUT ANY RIGHTS
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
VituVingiSana
#4 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 11:16:00 PM

Most likely due to the entire chain of corruption that runs through what is 'kenya'... I am surprised the groun in Nairobi doesn't open up & collapse... perhaps coz it pre-date Kenya...

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Njunge
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 8:50:00 AM

My condolences to the believed........small time Kenyans looking for their bread.As jaribu says,the owner might be in Malindi basking in the sun for all you care.How about disaster preparedness?.......God have mercy on us.Just when did the NYS kids,GSU and regular police train on rescue missions?........and If buildings can come down under their own weight,what would it be like if Nairobi was hit by an earthquake measuring 0.001 on the richter scale?

Old man about town....
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.