wazua Sat, Sep 21, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

23 Pages«<89101112>»
The Bull has Arrived
Aguytrying
#181 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 3:23:17 PM

When me n other guys here, say we wish the market was open on weekends, ppl look down upon us. And tell us in no uncertain terms, we should get a life. Who here today, would mind the market open tomorrow?
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#182 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 3:27:20 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
And with 5 mins to go, we r already past the 1B turnover mark!

This week has been crazy. Can next week match up to it?

I see a busy Monday and Tuesday then a slow market towards the end of next week with a sizeable amount of profit taking from Wednesday.
Disclaimer: I could be wrong!
@SufficientlyP
the deal
#183 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 3:37:52 PM

@Pierce the pride of Africa will be roaring next week...Domestic passengers up 35% over Dec....http://af.reuters.com/article/kenyaNews/idAFLDE7060U520110107
Cicero
#184 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 3:48:22 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Cicero, I would term it the usual excitement of Kenyans by Equity. But the current volumes of demand suggest that demand is not from 'average' retailers, but very rich guys and/or institutions. CO-OP and KCB showing similar demand

Thank you @youcan't. What you have said about it all being to the rich and institutions says a lot as it means that the upward trend is likely to hold most probably above 30. Retailers do cause lots of swings in share price when they are the majority in a counter ...
Don't gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it. If it don't go up, don't buy it...
Aguytrying
#185 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 3:54:34 PM

the deal wrote:
@Pierce the pride of Africa will be roaring next week...Domestic passengers up 35% over Dec....http://af.reuters.com/article/kenyaNews/idAFLDE7060U520110107

the pride of africa has not made me so proud up till now. Only at 60 will i be excited bout this share, im immune to its flactuations below 50. Passenger no.s have been up most months since i became a shareholder. End rant.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
#186 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 3:58:09 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
When me n other guys here, say we wish the market was open on weekends, ppl look down upon us. And tell us in no uncertain terms, we should get a life. Who here today, would mind the market open tomorrow?

My friend, what would you do in this one day that you couldn't do in 5? They say that if you plan your time well you'll actually find that there are more hours in a day (I'm not there yet). All the same I hope my broker (D&B) would open on Saturdays as their working hours are a big inconvenience for me. Anyway one of my resolutions is to get another broker by end Feb. as I discovered that it is my problem and not D&B's.

BBI will solve it
:)
Cicero
#187 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 4:15:42 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:

I see a busy Monday and Tuesday then a slow market towards the end of next week with a sizeable amount of profit taking from Wednesday.

Don't gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it. If it don't go up, don't buy it...
Cicero
#188 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 4:17:23 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:

To be honest, i hope the "financials bull" will carry on until the beginning of February when FY results are expected ...
the deal
#189 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 4:27:15 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
the deal wrote:

the pride of africa has not made me so proud up till now. Only at 60 will i be excited bout this share, im immune to its flactuations below 50. Passenger no.s have been up most months since i became a shareholder. End rant.

The flactuations below 50 are a buying opportunity above 60 you sell...smile smile smile
the deal
#190 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 4:39:00 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
the deal wrote:

The flactuations below 50 are a buying opportunity above 60 you sell...smile smile smile
youcan'tstopusnow
#191 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 5:01:16 PM

yekeyeke, welcome back from your (long) holiday
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
MaichBlack
#192 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 5:25:15 PM

2012 wrote:
All the same I hope my broker (D&B) would open on Saturdays as their working hours are a big inconvenience for me. Anyway one of my resolutions is to get another broker by end Feb. as I discovered that it is my problem and not D&B's.

Ask them about a personal financial planner - or something like that [Can't quite remember the title]. Depending on size of your portfolio they will assign you one. He or she will be in charge of your portfolio and he/she will give you all contact details - email, cell phone number etc. You will not need to visit their office one more day - especially if you use the bank for money transfer to and from your [CDS] account. You simply call/sms/email and give your instructions!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
yekeyeke
#193 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 5:47:43 PM

@ youcantstopusnow

Thanks.
obiero
#194 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 6:08:47 PM

african alliance are js the one's. extremely efficient. although they only have ladies for reasons unknown to me. well, atleast they are disarmingly pretty one's

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
shauriyako
#195 Posted : Saturday, January 08, 2011 1:37:24 PM

Tho! Obiero Yawa would you still trade with them if they had ugly men instead of the pretty ladies to serve you.
When we wake up in the morning, we have two simple choices. Go back to sleep and dream, or wake up and chase those dreams. The choice is yours! .
PKoli
#196 Posted : Saturday, January 08, 2011 1:42:07 PM

Cicero wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:

To be honest, i hope the "financials bull" will carry on until the beginning of February when FY results are expected ...

I am not sure if the bull will last the entire of next week. We will see some profit taking towards the end of the week especially in some financial stocks.
qw25041985
#197 Posted : Saturday, January 08, 2011 2:05:10 PM

Profit taking and i dnt have many money to buy on dips .....that aint fair.But since January opened up financials have has a stellar performance. Led by you guessed it Simba mwenyewe K.C.B . Technically for this stock all hell breaks loose from 24.00 . Trying to buy it above 24.00 will be like trying to race a jumbo jet.PLEASE DONOT .

@ obiero . u are so right . those ladies at African alliance are just pretty ifnt gorgeous . make u wonder why i visit there every other day and yet i dnt have an a/c there.I will soon open one to justify my trips there. Kwani are they runnin a secret modeling agency..need to investigate. African Alliance modeling agency ????? kind of clicks.
Your future depends on your dreams so go to sleep !
ProverB
#198 Posted : Saturday, January 08, 2011 3:10:51 PM

qw25041985 wrote:
Celebrations now shld be in order Access Kenya jumped the 16.00 resistance . Hurrrrrrrray !!!!!!!!!! Open the bottles and lets toast to profits. access Kenya 24.00 here we come .Whose with me ? i hope amnt in this bus alone.
I am so loving this bull run . LOL .Even my everready jumped up today ? my portfolio is all green !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.i cannot wait to cash in my profits .
Anybody feelin what i am sayin ?

@ QW..you keep ignoring yourself and followup questions..
Are your sentiments on access still the same??..down two trading days against overall market trend..

Bytheway..when was it at 16?
Are you still "screaming" buy?
..Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven...Matt5:16
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version
obiero
#199 Posted : Saturday, January 08, 2011 3:22:44 PM

shauriyako wrote:
Tho! Obiero Yawa would you still trade with them if they had ugly men instead of the pretty ladies to serve you.

@ shauriyako. i never notice whether men are ugly or not! bt for ladies i notice everything, i can even gauge her salary bracket by looking at the handbag! bt seriously speaking, men have been observed to be poor clerks. ladies are keener. hence the reason most tellers are women. guess thats why africa alliance chose them. nd incase u havent noticed, its also harder to yell at a woman, worse still a beautiful one!

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
qw25041985
#200 Posted : Saturday, January 08, 2011 3:59:50 PM

@ ProverB . lol . I might have jumped the gun for sayin we passed that 16.00 level but all technicals are in place for a move higher.Donot be fooled by the movement of access kenya. We are technically at resistance at 16.00 level.you donot expect the price to just jump up over 16.00 like it a level we cannot consider. I expect the price to stagnate at 16.00 level as the weak sellers sell . when that supply dries up we shoot up to 23-24 range. i know i sound too technical but thats why i bought so many shares of a.k at 13.00 level coz when i saw that supply dried up at that level i knew we are goin up and indeed we have moved from the 13.00 to 16.00 ....SO YES . I AM SCREAMING BUY ACCESS KENYA n @ 16.00 and look for higher prices (23.00 level). If i had more money and less commitment i would have bought it at 16.00 level.
On Everready just wait . i gave my reasons for buying it for speculative reasons and nothing has changed.We are very early in the bull market and i am encouraged that supply is scarce and has not broken below 2.50 year low.
Your future depends on your dreams so go to sleep !