wazua Sat, Sep 21, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

23 Pages«<23456>»
The Bull has Arrived
Cicero
#61 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 1:49:54 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
qw25041985 wrote:
@ ciero . lol ! i so feel u . i amnt lookin for many thing short of 100% increase by mid yr.

who are you and what did you do to qw? You've changed, my friend. Qw used to pick fights, and stuff, but you're different.

@Aguy i am just a hungry Kenyan investor like most people here are (i know there are quite a number of speculators) ... though i joined Wazua in 2009, i have been investing at the NSE since 2004. My first share was KQ then when it was 24 which i sold off at 84 a year later ... and Mumias sugar at 11.90 which i later sold at 32 ... those were the good times ... of course i sunk an embarrassing amount in Uchumi (2006) which is a story for another day.

@qw250... a doubling of prices is what we all hope for but knowing what i do, i would run with a 25% anytime ... even in a bull ... "A bird in hand is always worth two in the bush" at least as far as i am concerned ...
Don't gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it. If it don't go up, don't buy it...
The Merchant
#62 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 1:57:25 PM

bartum wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Where is all the demand coming from? Anyone knows? I had assumed that retail investors would be busy paying off holiday debts and looking for money for school fees. Who's doing all this buying?

surely i wish to know the buyers. Those privy to such info tell us

I think its foreign fund managers. They are establishing their portfolios for the year.
kadonye
#63 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 2:32:32 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
Where is all the demand coming from? Anyone knows? I had assumed that retail investors would be busy paying off holiday debts and looking for money for school fees. Who's doing all this buying?

Stuff like school fees affects the market?I thought investors plan their finances well in advance!Even if school fees was to be a factor, I think its effect would be minimal
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
the deal
#64 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 2:38:42 PM

MSC and Nic investors are having a bad day..the two aint responding...lol
The Merchant
#65 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 2:50:22 PM

guru267 wrote:
WOW DAMN!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR WAZUANS!!!

I'm back from a sweet holiday only to find my portfolio soaring towards space...

THE YEAR OF THE BULL HAS BEGAN.... Laughing out loudly

Can't wait for kakuzi and Jubilee to wake up from their holiday...

Well Jubilee is now trading at 195. I think its waking up, my friend.smile
youcan'tstopusnow
#66 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 3:27:08 PM

Cicero wrote:
Gosh, i hope the "BULL" will hold ... I really hope it goes on for the rest of the week and investors (Kenyans + foreigners) being who they are will run to board the bus when its off and speeding. Come end of January, those of us who stayed to "stock up" may all be heading off to holiday with pockets so full SONKO would be envious!

RUN BULL RUN... or even evolve into a Bufalo ... i wont mind!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Cicero, Sonko hauzi unga pekee siku hizi. Amediversify. Won't be surprised if he has a front row seat in major buses
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
youcan'tstopusnow
#67 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 3:30:00 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
qw25041985 wrote:
@ ciero . lol ! i so feel u . i amnt lookin for many thing short of 100% increase by mid yr.

who are you and what did you do to qw? You've changed, my friend. Qw used to pick fights, and stuff, but you're different.

Commendable
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Cicero
#68 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 3:41:49 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Cicero wrote:
Gosh, i hope the "BULL" will hold ... I really hope it goes on for the rest of the week and investors (Kenyans + foreigners) being who they are will run to board the bus when its off and speeding. Come end of January, those of us who stayed to "stock up" may all be heading off to holiday with pockets so full SONKO would be envious!

RUN BULL RUN... or even evolve into a Bufalo ... i wont mind!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Cicero, Sonko hauzi unga pekee siku hizi. Amediversify. Won't be surprised if he has a front row seat in major buses

Stocks (t'least in Kenya) are a beautiful way of money laundering so i wouldnt be suprised if the SONKOs of this world will be riding with us in this BULL BUS (though we already know that the BOSS clan + in-laws has invested in a leading supermarket chain). But to be honest, right now after suffering almost two years of a depressed NSE i wouldnt care who comes in to shove the NSE 20 upwards ... even if it were Mobutu Seseseko ... as long as it keeps moving up.
Don't gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it. If it don't go up, don't buy it...
Aguytrying
#69 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 3:50:43 PM

aaaah, i love days like these. adrenaline pumping, sweat pouring, bids, asks, demand and supply changing every second. love it when the market becomes alive, not because im a twitch trader (im not), its just so exciting.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
youcan'tstopusnow
#70 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 3:59:56 PM

Hata Wazua is on a bull run. Plenty of comments to keep me busy. (na bado VVS hajaingia leosmile) Before it used to take me 10 minutes to read all the comments made in a day. Lakini leo... Now only if yaserbigchair could make a dramatic comeback
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Aguytrying
#71 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 4:55:04 PM

"Now only if yaserbigchair could make a dramatic comeback."

hahahaha, You know? it would make alot of ppls nights im sure.
This place was a "bear" for the better part of dec.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
youcan'tstopusnow
#72 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 5:41:59 PM

NSE 20-share index up 62.81
points ( 1.42%) to close at
4,495.41 points
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
shauriyako
#73 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 6:40:51 PM

A bull indeed! 3% up on my portfolio on the first day of trading in the year. If this keeps up we are headed for very interesting times ahead. Now if only my small money did not have competing needs, or if I got full allocation on KPLC additional rights applied for, or if .....
When we wake up in the morning, we have two simple choices. Go back to sleep and dream, or wake up and chase those dreams. The choice is yours! .
murenj
#74 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 9:56:26 PM

it is a pity I have not been able to throw in my december salo. Kabetu bado amekaweka ka salo kwa kibeti
PKoli
#75 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 10:34:01 PM

Very interesting dicussions indeed. A lot of excitement when the market is bullish, yet we have opportunities to make bigger gains during bearish market. Like WB often says, 'buy steak when on sale'.
youcan'tstopusnow
#76 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 11:20:54 PM

PKoli wrote:
Very interesting dicussions indeed. A lot of excitement when the market is bullish, yet we have opportunities to make bigger gains during bearish market. Like WB often says, 'buy steak when on sale'.

True. But as great as the bear was, for us to buy cheap stocks, we have to cash in at some point. We can't consider holding ''forever'' like Buffett. We need high prices for exits
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
myfundi
#77 Posted : Tuesday, January 04, 2011 12:47:02 AM

Quote:
There are two kinds of dreamers those who dream at night and day dreamers.

Those who dream at night wake to realize it was all vanity.

The worst dreamers are the day dreamers because they act out their dreams.

This euphoric episode of 'bull run' are being propagated by daydreamers(the GRQ schemers) hoping to cash in on unsuspecting Kenyans(another pyramid scheme).

Please wazuans let the dust settle. Don't get overly excited. Jumping onto the 'bull' bandwagon will only take you to eternal damnation
Aguytrying
#78 Posted : Tuesday, January 04, 2011 7:14:20 AM

@myfundi. What shares do you own?
githundi
#79 Posted : Tuesday, January 04, 2011 8:48:22 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
@myfundi. What shares do you own?

Let him have his say.
Democracy does not belong to the dead
kenmac
#80 Posted : Tuesday, January 04, 2011 9:41:16 AM

>> Am targeting a 50 percent return from this Bull, and is only achievable if

HFCK hits 28.20,

EQTY @ 29.80,

COOP @ 29.60,