wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
RAO the Chief Mediator in Ivory Coast
hoodrat
#21 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 12:28:02 PM

RAO has expressed his opinion on the crisis so has the AU which recognises Ouattara as the democratically elected president and has indeed gone ahead to suspend Ivory Coast until Gbagbo relinquishes power!What is this crap about bias?UN,ECOWAS,EU and the whole world recognises the true winner of the poll.Why should RAO's opinion be taken any different?
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today!
kadonye
#22 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:21:01 PM

The Ivorian crisis is another indicator that Kenyas violence was motivated by other factors and not elections.Factors that we are not willing to face and provide solutions for
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
B.Timer
#23 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 3:12:27 PM

hoodrat wrote:
RAO has expressed his opinion on the crisis so has the AU which recognises Ouattara as the democratically elected president and has indeed gone ahead to suspend Ivory Coast until Gbagbo relinquishes power!What is this crap about bias?UN,ECOWAS,EU and the whole world recognises the true winner of the poll.Why should RAO's opinion be taken any different?

Well if that be so, then he can only be anything else but a MEDIATOR!!

May be an "UNDERWRITER"!!!

West African leaders seem to be ahead of the game:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/..._on_re_af/af_ivory_coast
Dunia ni msongamano..
Ms Mkenya
#24 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 3:56:56 PM

QD wrote:
I think in kenya we are so biased, were it EMK or say Bethwel kiplagat or even Kalonzo wiper what would we say. lets look at the bigger picture nobody want Ivorians to take the same rout we did hence much prayers needed and anybody who can mediate to bring that peace is a wellcome.

@ QD, i would have said the same thing.. Are we in a position to advise others yet? We still have issues on matters relating to the accord..Power sharing etc..

I think we would make a better 'support' rather than head the team. I wouldn't mind for example if RAO or BAKS were asked to advise.. but this i am not sure is the best. But like i said i wish RAO all the best and i certainly hope Ivorians can be more sensible than we were.
....above all, to stand.
marko
#25 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 4:16:15 PM

McReggae wrote:
Kenyans.....so tribal and divided that they cant even appreciate anything bestowed on their son, we see everything through our political and tribal leanings!!!!!

Pray Pray wewe umepotea njia.Shame on you Shame on you
WHO DARES WINS
mjuaji wa stocks
#26 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 4:32:43 PM

NONSENSE!!!!!

Raila ni nani????

I wonder what he will say!
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

Ngalaka
#27 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 6:28:41 PM

Ati tribalism!!!
Watu wagonjwa nini!!

Simple logic - If you have taken a position on a matter, you can not be a mediator between the two warring sides!

If you have any integrity, you ought to opt out of any appointment to abitriate on the matter.

But then, who are we talking about!!!
Integrity is a foreign word!
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
Intelligentsia
#28 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 6:55:08 PM

Ngalaka wrote:

Simple logic - If you have taken a position on a matter, you can not be an mediator between the two warring sides!

precisely. umed*nya point hapo.
a mediator must be acceptable to both sides so that whatever the results of his intermediary efforts they become acceptable & bidding to both parties.

For us, its the equivalent of the AU having sent Museveni to mediate between RAO and Kibs just immediately after Museveni had congratulated (and thus accepted) our election results in 2007. Or Annan being quoted in Geneva supporting a Kibs win, and then being asked to come mediate between the 2 principals. mafi ya ndege hiyo!

McReggae
#29 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 7:08:45 PM

This is a case where the appointing authority has a position and has stated it!!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
kadonye
#30 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 7:10:12 PM

The 2 sides can always reject any mediator they feel is partisan.Kenya rejected South African Cyrille Ramaphosa due to his closeness to Raila
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
poundfoolish
#31 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 10:49:47 PM

Njung'e wrote:
@Pound,
WAKE up you plastic Raila fan and join the bandwagon that is headed to Yamassoukro kung'oa reli....or give the exact words that will come out of RAO to convince Gbagbo off his sorry ass...lol!

I just thought the appointing authority had already made a stand on what it wants... not mediation on 50/50 we dont know who won, but mediation on a safe exit for 'Drogbas uncle'

Its all Raila bashing all over again (In my opinion RAO and Equity get that alot around here)

Nways Sawa mzee
mimi naenda kung'oa reli or Whatever it is that makes you sleep soundly at night...

thanks also for benevolently offering very sober guidance and advice.. i needed it.

http://tinyurl.com/2fqracr

Mediation is a nice way of making the warring parties satisfied with whatever percentage of portion they have 'agreed' upon. Mediation doesn't always have to mean impartiality or 50/50 (Annan negotiated a 70/30 for us)

The A.U for semantics sake should have just used "Head interceder" if such a word exists to help people understand the role of Raila

PEACE
simonkabz
#32 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 12:30:53 AM

Lets dig deeper. Is it true that Outtara was voted in mainly by foreign immigrants (mostly burkinabe,our equivalent of kajwang's somalis)? Is Gbagbo clinging to power in the interest of(n pressure from) natives? Some sharp wazuzu enlighten us on.....THE STORY BEHIND IVORIAN CRISIS.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
sparkly
#33 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 10:33:37 AM

RAO has promised Gbagbo protection if if steps down. Gbagbo is boxed in from all sides.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Rahatupu
#34 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 10:36:34 AM

Look at it from a moral point of view, if RAO goes there with the aim of persuading the strong man to step down he will not make any headway.

1. RAO will find it almost impossible to convince Gbagbo to leave it Ouattara given that he himself is in power courtesy of a power sharing arrangement. Hence he will insist on a similar arrangement where he remains as president and a crafting of some form of power sharing deal with his rival.
poundfoolish
#35 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 11:51:34 AM

Sometimes to get somebody to seat on the negotiating table you go in with a 'gun and a kind word'..
Otherwise for these African leaders if you tell them,"yes you have won but please share power with your rival" you will end up nowhere
Its only when RAO n MK were properly squeezed that things moved..

SimonKabz.. yap that is true..When the economy was booming in the 70's they 'natives' invited immigrant workers to an extent that they are no longer immigrants. its a whole new generation and they have their base in the North...

they have the numbers as well
YesuWangu
#36 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 2:06:30 PM

Please let us not export our local politics and bias abroad. To what purpose?

If one does not like RAO, at least recognise that ECOWAS sijui ECOMOG has already taken a position. A lone East African cannot have more weight in his position than ECOWAS even if he agrees with ECOWAS.

Anyway, this is Africas' chance to deal with its own. Africa has already noted there is a problem. Let Africa deal with this problem. Let Africa get that Gbabo sijui who out!.....

I think ECOWAS has more guts than even AU. It can flex its muscle with ease and get idiots out of power.
willin2learn
#37 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:13:39 PM

They might as well have invited Drogba since both him and Raila speaks incoherently and speaks out of either frustration or excitement!
kivairu
#38 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 5:47:39 PM

Hi Wazuzus, first it was Kenya, then Zimbabwe, Ivory coat has followed suit.Next stop for this queer "Democracy south Of The Sahara" will be Uganda.I cab bet without blinking.Avery dangerous precedent has been set.How i wish African states could emulate Ghana on best practices on elections, including run-offs.Wish RAO the best of luck.

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein.
TAZ
#39 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 1:12:07 PM

I'm not a political expert but why is it that the US, UN, EU and AU are threatening to use military action against Mr Gbagbo yet they never do the same elsewhere around the World whenever we have disputed elections??? I think military intervention would only reignite Civil war. Don't also forget that this could very easily turn into a battle between Christians and Muslims.

"The stakes are extremely high. Decades of Muslim mass immigration has tipped the demographic balance so that Ivory Coast -- officially around one third Muslim -- is now actually majority Muslim with immigrants from Burkina Faso, Mali and Guinea comprising up to 40 percent of the population. Ivory Coast's non-Muslims are traumatised, fearing that their homeland -- once a strategic Christian centre -- is about to come under the political domination of Muslims. War threatens.
"
Ngalaka
#40 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 3:07:09 PM

sparkly wrote:
RAO has promised Gbagbo protection if if steps down. Gbagbo is boxed in from all sides.

Mmm ati nini! Protection!!!
Can he guarantee that!

Now Raila has travelled to West Africa in a bid to resolve the matter!

He conveniently chose to accompany regional heads of states! That way he has a chance to be heard!

Could he have gone there 'alone'. Any chance!

Now that he is hanging in the coat tails of heads of state, who have some formidable influence to sway matters, one wonders what our PM's role will be!

Obviously one of heads of states will be in the driving seat of the talks when they meet Gbagbo.

On the table our man will be the juniour guy in RANK.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu