wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

My pledge
Theu
#1 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 10:37:51 PM

I pledge never to vote/support any leader just because he/she is my tribe or clan. I pledge to vote for a leader who is not corrupt or perceived to be corrupt. I pledge to vote for a leader who is honest, selfless and visionary. I pledge to vote for the leader who meets these credentials EVEN IF he/she is not popular with my fellow Kenyans, for these is my solemn duty to my motherland.
Vj
#2 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 11:02:55 PM

Applause Applause Applause
Before you can be be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.
vin
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 3:41:53 PM

Theu wrote:
I pledge never to vote/support any leader just because he/she is my tribe or clan. I pledge to vote for a leader who is not corrupt or perceived to be corrupt. I pledge to vote for a leader who is honest, selfless and visionary. I pledge to vote for the leader who meets these credentials EVEN IF he/she is not popular with my fellow Kenyans, for these is my solemn duty to my motherland.

I pledge never to vote anyone in this life.My dreams have been broken so many times until i am not even interested anymore.
Advice is like snow.The softer it lands the harder is sticks.
B.Timer
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 3:59:07 PM

Theu wrote:

Sounds so nice and dandy!

Problem is - no such a person is likely to be in the race.
In such a case would you consider offering yourself to run for office!
If so do you stand any REALISTIC chance of getting anywhere!
I dont mean to pour cold water on your newfound pledge, but calling your attention to pragmatism.

Another approach might be;

Of those on the ballot pax, I will vote for the fellow who comes closest to my ideals!

But do vote anyway, as failing to vote wont help advance your dream and vision on your motherland-
As they say, bad leaders get to office because many good people fail to go and vote them out.

Dunia ni msongamano..
kadonye
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 8:28:42 AM

Let's vote.Let's not lose hope.Democracy and good governance don't come in a day.
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Theu
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 10:51:57 AM

KadonyeApplause
@ B.Timer, I hope some candidate will have these qualities. Nevertheless, i wish they would have an option to choose " none of the above". I am not planning not to vote. I dont want to whine yet i fail in my duty.
Dod
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 1:01:01 PM

vin wrote:

I pledge never to vote anyone in this life.My dreams have been broken so many times until i am not even interested anymore.

Irresponsible citizen.
The rich have money working for them; the poor and the middle class are going to work for money.
vin
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 1:26:54 PM

Dod wrote:
vin wrote:

Irresponsible citizen.

That is your opinion bwana,i would rather live with my irresponsibility than live with consequences of other people irresponsibility.
Advice is like snow.The softer it lands the harder is sticks.