wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Mps pull kenya out of icc.disband this pigsty
Elder
#21 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 4:06:10 PM

From where I sit this is just a motion that really changes nothing. The International Crimes Act (ACT of Parliament to make provision for the punishment of certain international crimes, namely genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes, and to enable Kenya to co-operate with the International Criminal Court established by the Rome Statute in the performance of its functions) is still law and has not been repealed or anything. All it has done is probably made a case for Ocampo to ask for arrest warrant as Kenya is likely not to cooperate.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Dangi
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 4:38:31 PM

The revolution will be televised!!!they need to know this...........
Take care of the penny & the shilling will take care of itself
masukuma
#23 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 8:13:27 PM

It seems the prezi has his hands tied, he can only delay it by sending it back. if Mpigs vote for it 2/3 it is as good as in. now this is the problem of not having a Chief executive that has powers and u can appeal to.
Coz Removal of Kenya from the Rome statute is not changing the constitution, its changing a law.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Njore
#24 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 8:42:26 PM

How could we put the entire pigsty into a ship and have it sail along Kismayu then follow up with negotiations in January 2013?
I have not come to terms after the sad news last evening.
kadonye
#25 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 8:47:33 PM

I feel that pulling out is dangerous.It shows that there's always a way out if you end up as a suspect:discredit the prosecutor/trial body and stop the process!
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
guard
#26 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:24:20 PM

Indeed its quite sad that these fellows could take us backwards at such a fast pace.my call for a local tribunal to try the suspects was based on the fact that justice would be sweeter if we administered it ourself.However now that the mpigs have shown us their backsides and sh*ted on us,I'm just left with self pity as a patriotic kenyan.ICC is a court of last resort.we cannot just do away with it.we will have no last resort.let us vote out these idiots come 2012.Please Kenyans,vote for patriotic leaders next time.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
PONDI
#27 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:48:56 PM

.. guys this may be a blessing in disguise. me thinks guka may be right on the money when he opines the 6 suspects will likely be arrested when they show up for the initial mention/hearing.
alikujia
#28 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 10:40:40 PM

Rather sad-Kalonzo's reiteration to speaker that it was as good as gov motion!

But perhaps the greatest beneficiary were not the ones already in ocampo's list but the ones who will be revealed during the trial, and here I strongly suspect the two principals actively supported the motion behind the scene. At the time they might be implicated, kenya might notb be a member therefore Icc not likely to act since they already have a sizable 6 number to deal with.
Elder
#29 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:34:05 PM

alikujia wrote:
Rather sad-Kalonzo's reiteration to speaker that it was as good as gov motion!

But perhaps the greatest beneficiary were not the ones already in ocampo's list but the ones who will be revealed during the trial, and here I strongly suspect the two principals actively supported the motion behind the scene. At the time they might be implicated, kenya might notb be a member therefore Icc not likely to act since they already have a sizable 6 number to deal with.

How will Kenya not being a member help such people? It hasn't stopped the issuance of an arrest warrant for that Sudanese dude. Unless living the life of an international fugitive is something they fancy.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Elder
#30 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:47:24 PM

masukuma wrote:
It seems the prezi has his hands tied, he can only delay it by sending it back. if Mpigs vote for it 2/3 it is as good as in. now this is the problem of not having a Chief executive that has powers and u can appeal to.
Coz Removal of Kenya from the Rome statute is not changing the constitution, its changing a law.

It's a Motion which was passed. Not a Bill. So where is all that coming from?
makatiani
#31 Posted : Friday, December 24, 2010 8:21:45 AM

the "house" or the pigsty is reminicsent of mugabe who blames the west for everything. when you listen to their rhetoric you here all that mugabe's language... they have insulted our intelligence for long enough. were it not for the US embassy report on drug trade in kenya we would never have heard of the people allegedly "being investigated" for their links to the drug trade. the mpigs have now chosen to ignore the fact that our justice system is rotten to the core and has never convicted any so called senior government people guilty of any crime. justice clearly for sale in kenya and we now know who is buying and who selling it. Now our mpigs want a process they can control so that they can punish the pepertrators with a slap on the wrist. I watched the PM on TV yesterday saying that the people invovled were repentant.COME ON! Now that the consitution allows it, let us recall all these bums!
gogeta
#32 Posted : Friday, December 24, 2010 8:24:23 AM

trust thieves and liars to always stick together. It shows how they very low if any regard for the IDP's and other guys who really suffered that time.this is absolutely preposterous!! I wish we had the power to fire all of them and have a new office installed.
Think the unthinkable but wear a dark suit